Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

Fred Meyer put 4 new boxes out today. Those of you in Oregon and Washington might want to check them out again. I picked up the couple that I was missing and all the medusas, sailors and bees I could find. I have gotten very good at feeling them. It is a game to ID them in under 5 seconds. Lol Twiddlepotts Springfield, Oregon

Guest ph4tb0i

Fred Meyer put 4 new boxes out today. Those of you in Oregon and Washington might want to check them out again. I picked up the couple that I was missing and all the medusas, sailors and bees I could find. I have gotten very good at feeling them. It is a game to ID them in under 5 seconds. Lol

Twiddlepotts

Springfield, Oregon

NOw I know why after smooshing 60 bags at a walmart today I just couldnt find that sailor lol... oh well guess I'll just ebay the last one.

The painter guy tricked me and I bought a couple because I thought his hat could have been a top hat.

The Decorator's hat is the same as Series 9 Plumber's cap if that helps any. His bucket may be a bit of a giveaway. I would imagine it feels like the Fez piece from a couple of the Indiana Jones sets.

Anyone ever buy a bunch of packs, take them home, smoosh them and then bring the ones you don't want back?

I do not and never would. Not exactly fair to everyone else looking for them. I read a couple of people on Brickset saying they buy a box, smoosh through, keep the ones they want, and then return the unwanted ones to the store for money back.

I haven't tried it but one could argue that is thee a real difference from someone going through all the packs at the store and doing the same thing at home. You are still smooshing all the packs leaving what you don't want. Is it any worse then someone going through several boxes at the store taking out all of one character in every box?

It's really not much different. But it wouldn't surprise me if stores start taking precautions on these to keep people from doing it. My local TRU has some die hard Lego fans that work there. I know damn well they are going through the box before it goes out on the floor. I know they aren't out any money, the figures will sell to someone else anyway. There is a moral dilemma in there somewhere. I have a hard enough time rifling through the bags in the store, let alone take it home and return it with a grin on my face.

This is a question mostly for those lucky ones in the EU that have a Mr Gold. Do you have a pic of the dot code for this minifigure? Since the bags are different from the US ones, I wanted to check if the dot code was different too. Thanks!

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this is bringing out the worst in some people......

Talk about it. I hate hearing about people who buy a sealed case then if it doesn't have Mr. Gold then they return it. I am thinking this is how people are able to get more than 1, though I am sure there are also honest people out there.

http://brickultra.com/lego-mr-gold-scandal-increases/#comments

exactly what I was talking about in the other thread about series 10. I wrote a letter to lego about this sort of thing happening last week. It really is bringing out the worst in people. Its quite sad.

I still think the best way to have done this is to just insert a golden ticket with a way to redeem the figure.

That is a good idea. also they could've changed the packaging method and instead of foil packs they could've made small minifigure sized boxes, or even made the Mr Gold figure the same as one of the 16 characters in the series, say 5000 gold skydivers or whichever character, and that way even if people were feeling for him they wouldn't know if it was the gold version of the character or the regular version. Maybe lego will learn a lesson from all of this but I doubt it.

That is a good idea. also they could've changed the packaging method and instead of foil packs they could've made small minifigure sized boxes, or even made the Mr Gold figure the same as one of the 16 characters in the series, say 5000 gold skydivers or whichever character, and that way even if people were feeling for him they wouldn't know if it was the gold version of the character or the regular version. Maybe lego will learn a lesson from all of this but I doubt it.

Don't think the small box would work. It would make cases too big and take up too much room. Originally I thought making one of the figures the gold one would be a good idea but then we would have almost all of one figure missing from the case. Once everyone found out which figure was the gold one, everyone would be pulling that fig from the case. Lego definitely didn't think this through and made a lot of lego fans mad.

Don't think the small box would work. It would make cases too big and take up too much room. Originally I thought making one of the figures the gold one would be a good idea but then we would have almost all of one figure missing from the case. Once everyone found out which figure was the gold one, everyone would be pulling that fig from the case. Lego definitely didn't think this through and made a lot of lego fans mad.

True

I think the idea is to make ~312 of each figure gold so you really dont know what you are getting. Or better yet, maybe LEGO should stop the cash grab that helped ruin the card industry. Did anyone catch that one of the guys who did this promotion used to work for Topps from that linked article? Sad if true.