Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

I feel bad for TLG. They made a really cool, blinged-out, limited run minifig, and nobody wants to keep it :( lol.

Heh heh. Instead of Mr Gold, they should have called him Mr Bling! :-)

I get what Lego was thinking but unfortunately rare items like Mr Gold only seem to benefit the seller. I'm hoping to hear stories of people that have found Mr Gold simply because they wanted him in their own collection, not just to make some moolah.

20 dollars most. After market gets them. 1st one may be a lot higher from a naive buyer. Only way it will be worth a lot is if lego changes the packaging system they have.

I'd like 100 of them at that price then please. Will probably sell them 4 years from now...

Anyways, in all fairness to your comment, I'd say one factor that may bring price down is if LEGO gets record sales on this series compared to the previous ones (and they will for sure). That would encourage them to produce 5000 new "mistery minifigs" for the upcoming series and I wonder if that would not bring the overall demand slightly down to decrease it's future expected prices compared to its genre, such as the golden C3PO??

It's works like the golden egg chicken, if you mass produce one idea then it's not that attractive any more is it? Or am I wrong?

Seeing some pre-orders for $169.99 w/ free shipping. This would be under retail. How is this possible? The sellers on ebay look more than legit, heck, I'm pretty sure I've ordered stuff from "brickdude" before.

Ive ordered from him before and everything was all good. And I also pre ordered a case of series 10 from him as well.

Guest AnnexBrett

Hi. I was smooshing a few bags today looking for roman solider and of course Mr. Gold ( of course ALL bags were "pre-felt" in every location I went). The question popped up in my mind: Is the clear bag-that Mr. Gold comes inside the packaging- is significantly smaller than the outer package? Since Mr. gold is the only one double bagged it makes it even easier to spot him then, because if you feel one piece in the top left corner of the bag and another on on right bottom = not Mr. Gold!- the inner clear bag would not let the pieces separate that much inside the package... What do you guys think?

Hi. I was smooshing a few bags today looking for roman solider and of course Mr. Gold ( of course ALL bags were "pre-felt" in every location I went).

The question popped up in my mind:

Is the clear bag-that Mr. Gold comes inside the packaging- is significantly smaller than the outer package?

Since Mr. gold is the only one double bagged it makes it even easier to spot him then, because if you feel one piece in the top left corner of the bag and another on on right bottom = not Mr. Gold!- the inner clear bag would not let the pieces separate that much inside the package...

What do you guys think?

That is true that the parts can't get too far apart. I do 3 things -

1:check the dot pattern (if the pattern looks close to Mr. Gold I'm very careful with the rest of the steps)

2:shake the package (if it's Mr. Gold the double bagging makes it sound different)

3:feel for elements

Guest AnnexBrett

That is true that the parts can't get too far apart. I do 3 things -

1:check the dot pattern (if the pattern looks close to Mr. Gold I'm very careful with the rest of the steps)

2:shake the package (if it's Mr. Gold the double bagging makes it sound different)

3:feel for elements

I am a rookie CMF 'feeler' :) What is the "dot pattern"?

I found another Mr. Gold today - #4746. I was hoping for a second to keep, but while the price has already dropped off quite a bit, I can't keep it when I can still get around $750 for it. Worst case scenario I'll get one for myself when the market gets really flooded.

As you find your second Mr. Gold I still have yet to see any series 10!

As you find your second Mr. Gold I still have yet to see any series 10! Me neither. I guess all that luck from the first Mr Gold rubbed off on you, Mos Eisley!

If I found two, I would defintely keep one for myself but I suppose that's just me.

As long as people are willing to throw stupid money at these minifigures, I will take it. I was way off on the initial selling price for Mr. Gold, but I don't believe I'm wrong that these will be $100 or a little less in about a month. It would be crazy of me to keep the minifigure believing that I can replace the minifigure at a fraction of the cost in a few weeks if needed. I plan on having one in my collection, but not at the current prices.

As you find your second Mr. Gold I still have yet to see any series 10!

+1 still can't find it anywhere. He's either very lucky or purchased a hell of a lot. I just want a store to sell me some. It's like I'm asking too much, lol.

I have been the first person to the equivalent of 16 regular size boxes (7 Target boxes and 2 regular boxes at TRU). The box today was sitting out on the shelf of TRU already opened. I didn't think there was any chance that it hadn't been checked before.

No...what would be even more sick is if Tommashas8012 uses that money and bought a case and he gets another Mr. Gold before May 1!!!!!! He would be the luckiest Brickpicker member ever!!! We'll have Ed and Jeff throw you a personal party on their yaht. lol If that happened...I would say "Man forget all this Mr. Gold stuff...you need to buy some Lottery and Power Ball Tickets." LOL this Mr. Gold thing is CHUMP CHANGE!!!

LOL!!

LEGOLAND CA has tons of Series 10 available for sale now. You can buy them by the box or individually. Right now I don't think they'll do any phone orders for them, but starting May 1 they will (you could try now, but I was told no phone orders yet). For those of you looking for a reputable seller to buy unopened boxes from, this would be your best bet. I believe the LEGO stores will only sell you a max of 16 at a time, so you may have to wait a while to buy a full box from a LEGO store (the LEGO stores and LEGOLAND do not operate under the same rules as they are not owned by the same company). I know there is a seller on ebay selling boxes for $169.99 shipped or somewhere around there, but for a little more I'd take the LEGOLAND boxes myself. They are the regular $2.99 plus shipping, and possibly no tax if you live out of state, not really positive anymore when you get charged sales tax and when you don't on phone orders.

I got to smoosh a lot at TRU today, didn't find any Mr. Gold. The manager came by and asked if I was ok. :) The painter guy tricked me and I bought a couple because I thought his hat could have been a top hat. Next time I'll hold a corner and see if there's a smaller bag inside.