Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

I'd be careful buying boxes from ebay. You don't know if people have opened them, searched for a Mr Gold and then resealed it. So you might end up with no shot at Mr Gold!

True, but these guys seem pretty reputable for the most part. Good feedback, they mention that the cases are sealed within an outer Lego shipping box, and they've been selling Lego for awhile. Don't think it's worth it for them to damage their reputation going through the trouble of trying to make it look like they resealed the boxes. Who knows though. I guess it is possible.

I got one of those myself playing the odds...."seems legit" LoL

True, but these guys seem pretty reputable for the most part. Good feedback, they mention that the cases are sealed within an outer Lego shipping box, and they've been selling Lego for awhile. Don't think it's worth it for them to damage their reputation going through the trouble of trying to make it look like they resealed the boxes. Who knows though. I guess it is possible.

If they wanted to, it wouldn't be hard.

The sealed Lego boxes are a bit of a reassurance, but they ship them with 2 in a case (I have 4 Series 2 boxes that came in 2 Lego cartons)

The sealed minifig boxes though only have 2 circular seals which are easy to pop on and off.

The sealed minifig boxes though only have 2 circular seals which are easy to pop on and off.

That one surprised me the first time I managed to get my hands on a box of 30. Two tiny circle seals on top of both sides of the lid that can be circumvented. Now I myself have not tried, I just think the seals are cheap.

That one surprised me the first time I managed to get my hands on a box of 30. Two tiny circle seals on top of both sides of the lid that can be circumvented. Now I myself have not tried, I just think the seals are cheap.

The certainly are. I expected more really. I have had a couple come from retailers with a seal popped.

So you can keep your list updated, TheOrcKing, mine was number 3194 and I'm in Southern California. I think it would be cool if your list also kept track of location when possible.

Thank you for the number and idea. I updated the main post with the location of each if it can be be found.

Well, it was only a week ago from yesterday when the first two popped up on eBay and the number of Mr Golds found has jumped up exponentially already! So far, I managed to tally up a total of 28 Mr Golds found! Can you believe that?!

Thank you for the number and idea. I updated the main post with the location of each if it can be be found.

Well, it was only a week ago from yesterday when the first two popped up on eBay and the number of Mr Golds found has jumped up exponentially already! So far, I managed to tally up a total of 28 Mr Golds found! Can you believe that?!

Yes, they are beginning to pop up everywhere and the full release hasn't even happened yet. There should be 100+ listed on ebay in no time.

The sealed Lego boxes are a bit of a reassurance, but they ship them with 2 in a case (I have 4 Series 2 boxes that came in 2 Lego cartons)

The minifigures now come in case packs of just one box of 60 per case. It may have switched in Series 8, but for sure Series 9 was all sent out with one box per case.

The minifigures now come in case packs of just one box of 60 per case. It may have switched in Series 8, but for sure Series 9 was all sent out with one box per case.

That's somewhat reassuring. Still on the fence about it, but I wouldn't mind just ordering a case like that, Mr. Gold or not. I was surprised to see cases of older series' can still be had on Ebay for what ends up being less than the 2.99 each retail price. I didn't start buying any minifigs until series 8 and there's alot I missed that I'd like to go back and get, series 5 in particular had a bunch of characters I wanted.