Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

No...what would be even more sick is if Tommashas8012 uses that money and bought a case and he gets another Mr. Gold before May 1!!!!!! He would be the luckiest Brickpicker member ever!!! We'll have Ed and Jeff throw you a personal party on their yaht. lol If that happened...I would say "Man forget all this Mr. Gold stuff...you need to buy some Lottery and Power Ball Tickets." LOL this Mr. Gold thing is CHUMP CHANGE!!!

No...what would be even more sick is if Tommashas8012 uses that money and bought a case and he gets another Mr. Gold before May 1!!!!!! He would be the luckiest Brickpicker member ever!!! We'll have Ed and Jeff throw you a personal party on their yaht. lol If that happened...I would say "Man forget all this Mr. Gold stuff...you need to buy some Lottery and Power Ball Tickets." LOL this Mr. Gold thing is CHUMP CHANGE!!!

I actually went back to the store that I go the mr gold and bought every last series 10 they had, including the case they had in the back. Spending the day feeling for gold. It will be interesting to see if TLG sent him to different stores or just threw him in random packages.

If thats the case, I'm done. I have my compete set of 16 and a few extras. I have one sealed box on its way...(May 1st) other than that....i give up! lol

I agree I give up too this is rididculous. how can one person have four of them when some people like myself cant even find a single pack of these damn things. its very frustrating to say the least. if any brickmembers on here have an extra one by some miracle and are feeling generous enough to sell one at a decent price pm me otherwise my chances are pretty grim.

A guy on eBay has 4 Mr. Golds!!! Four!! How is that possible? There will be none left at this rate!

He's likely a dealer that "smooshed" through every case he ordered direct from TLG. On one hand I would say hey, you can do whatever you want, it's your money, but on the other hand, I really hope this isn't some store owner who is now going to falsely advertise these for sale telling people they "have a chance" to get a rare Mr. Gold figure when he knows full well he smooshed them all and removed the Mr. Golds.

Damn, too late, but I would say to post it on eBay and watch the bidding go nuts. Saw one the other day with the reserve at around $1400, bidding was up to $1200 and the auction just started a day before. People are going nuts for these since there will only be 5000 of them made.

Your best bet is to be at your local Target first thing May 1 and check the fresh box that they put out. This is assuming they didn't break the street date and still have them in back. Getting multiple Mr. Golds isn't really hard, just requires some luck and a lot of effort. I searched 3.5 Target side cap boxes (equal to 7 regular size boxes) before finding the one I sold. If I had better luck, I could have found a Mr. Gold in 2 or 3 of those boxes, it's just random if the box that any given store gets has Mr. Gold or not. I expect to find one more for me to keep. Finding Mr. Gold is just a numbers game, if you search enough fresh cases, you will eventually find him.

Your best bet is to be at your local Target first thing May 1 and check the fresh box that they put out. This is assuming they didn't break the street date and still have them in back. Getting multiple Mr. Golds isn't really hard, just requires some luck and a lot of effort. I searched 3.5 Target side cap boxes (equal to 7 regular size boxes) before finding the one I sold. If I had better luck, I could have found a Mr. Gold in 2 or 3 of those boxes, it's just random if the box that any given store gets has Mr. Gold or not. I expect to find one more for me to keep. Finding Mr. Gold is just a numbers game, if you search enough fresh cases, you will eventually find him.

Yeah I'll be at my local LEGO store as soon as they open. The only thing that makes me doubt between going there or Target is that since Target is pretty big so I would feel less uncomfortable than in the LEGO store where I will for sure be noticed after spending a few minutes feeling the bags lol.

I'll be doing what Mos Eisley explained, but I'm also seriously considering ordering a sealed case off of Ebay. There's a seller pushing them for 169.99 total which isn't bad if there's 60 figs per case because that means you are getting 10 bucks plus tax off overall retail price, plus the box is sealed so you aren't running the risk of just buying several packs that the dealer already smooshed. The way I figure is I'll get a full set for myself, have a shot at Mr. Gold, and I can turn the other packets into trading or selling fodder here once the Brick classified thing starts.

I'll be doing what Mos Eisley explained, but I'm also seriously considering ordering a sealed case off of Ebay. There's a seller pushing them for 169.99 total which isn't bad if there's 60 figs per case because that means you are getting 10 bucks plus tax off overall retail price, plus the box is sealed so you aren't running the risk of just buying several packs that the dealer already smooshed. The way I figure is I'll get a full set for myself, have a shot at Mr. Gold, and I can turn the other packets into trading or selling fodder here once the Brick classified thing starts.

I'd be careful buying boxes from ebay. You don't know if people have opened them, searched for a Mr Gold and then resealed it. So you might end up with no shot at Mr Gold!

I'd be careful buying boxes from ebay. You don't know if people have opened them, searched for a Mr Gold and then resealed it. So you might end up with no shot at Mr Gold!

True, but these guys seem pretty reputable for the most part. Good feedback, they mention that the cases are sealed within an outer Lego shipping box, and they've been selling Lego for awhile. Don't think it's worth it for them to damage their reputation going through the trouble of trying to make it look like they resealed the boxes. Who knows though. I guess it is possible.