LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

My Tantive arrived completely destroyed lol. The Hogan some how survived with only a wavered crease on the back, but what pissed me off the most, the Hogan wasn't even numbered? 

How are you going to say there’s only 5,800 in existence without putting a number on it.

IMG_1586.thumb.jpeg.0e1207087f76811e2df442038ab76c2e.jpeg

IMG_1595.thumb.jpeg.e7193ee10dd4dbeef075d7591f4d70a9.jpegIMG_1593.thumb.jpeg.09f6c2411d8a0251bd21559bf88a53c7.jpegIMG_1592.thumb.jpeg.958f4c73735342f96bff4e7782bf60b4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Billy Brick said:

Fellasbeast seems done, plenty of water parks still available

Yet Barad Dur is still in stock. The Fell Beast was the only reason to purchase first day. Kind of a dumb move on Lego not to have the same inventory on both sets for the initial release run. 

Edited by Mathew

6 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Yet Barad Dur is still in stock. The Fell Beast was the only reason to purchase first day. Kind of a dumb move on Lego not to have the same inventory on both sets for the initial release run. 

Kind of wonder if it's the opposite -- genius instead of stupid. How many people will be thinking to themselves the next time a huge fan set is released with a good GWP tag along that they should have bought immediately. Then in the future for a similar release, impulse buy might just buy two instead of one at seeing the initial prices on the FB set. 

Also, next time, Lego decides to 1.5 - 2x the amount of GWP sets they make available. They know how many sales were made with the GWP for Barad Dur and how sales slow when it's no longer available. Am a little surprised that they didn't just back order them for VIPs through the weekend, although there could be some left for the non-VIPs(like 5 in the world?) for the 4th, but I doubt it. My local store was out in less than 90 minutes(I called), however that's a lot of space to take up for a single set.

Then again, you could be right and they're just dumb :)

• Like 1

I’m surprised there are so many people who want the set day one that also wouldn’t want the promo and would want to sell it, this set will probably be able to be had later for at least $100 off later and the goodfellas beast is gone for good.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, azalon said:

Kind of wonder if it's the opposite -- genius instead of stupid. How many people will be thinking to themselves the next time a huge fan set is released with a good GWP tag along that they should have bought immediately. Then in the future for a similar release, impulse buy might just buy two instead of one at seeing the initial prices on the FB set. 

Also, next time, Lego decides to 1.5 - 2x the amount of GWP sets they make available. They know how many sales were made with the GWP for Barad Dur and how sales slow when it's no longer available. Am a little surprised that they didn't just back order them for VIPs through the weekend, although there could be some left for the non-VIPs(like 5 in the world?) for the 4th, but I doubt it. My local store was out in less than 90 minutes(I called), however that's a lot of space to take up for a single set.

Then again, you could be right and they're just dumb :)

I suspect it will freeze some sales for Barad Dur. Regardless it should have been included with the set to begin with though. Orthanc included a Treebeard and was a $200 set at the time of release. Lego is just greedy nowadays. 

Edited by Mathew

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

I suspect it will freeze some sales for Barad Dur.

Yep. I was initially all in on a day one purchase, then I decided to wait - I don't think the Fell Beast looks all that great - but then we happened to swing by the mall tonight and I popped over to the LEGO store and saw Barad Dur in person. I'll admit, if Fell Beast was still in stock tonight, I would have ordered as soon as I got home. Now I'll just wait, it's not like I have space for for the completed build anyways, but still, they had me hooked for an impulse buy for a bit there, but without the Beast, I'll wait...

• Like 2

I bought barad fur early this morning with gwp and at the time, I didn’t notice the limit but it was a limit of three. I wonder how many people grabbed a multiple copy of this. I also remember Lego limiting gwp to one per household. I guess we will see. I think they might do a bigger and a better version of fell-beast like Smaug in the lonely mountain set but the wing pieces may stay unique to this set as those pieces were puny compared to ones for Smaug.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ponderingzissou said:

Mind if I ask location? Also appears that's the Christmas ornaments to the right of the carriage

Gurnee Mills, Not my pic but Lego store employee said 8 stores are selling damaged GWPs and VIP sets now, Grain of Salt. 

Edited by Pseudoty

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Gurnee Mills, Not my pic but Lego store employee said 8 stores are selling damaged GWPs and VIP sets now, Grain of Salt. 

yeah, I have a store that's been selling them too.  Ornaments have just been gathering dust.