LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

3 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

lol ok well I did

1) alert you it was available

2) said the brickheadz limited edition set with comics is awesome.  its about 7.25" wide x 10.25" high x 4.5" depth

sorry I didn't market it more rofl but in all seriousness its a gem

there is 21 in the us on ebay buy it now up to lowest of $74 and I imagine it will go a lot higher in time but who knows

mine's for personal any ways so doesn't matter but this might be a real diamond in the rough

if it sold out that quickly before batman day was over I guess they didn't make that many and that is why it wasn't a gwp

I’m just joking with you. Very thankful for the alert! Happy to have this in the stable, but if it goes for $100, which is totally possible if not more, it will go to a good home.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Possible Tier A 

IMG_2569.jpeg

yep better photo you have of what I saw a month or so ago.  this set is awesome

Just now, Captain_Obvious said:

I’m just joking with you. Very thankful for the alert! Happy to have this in the stable, but if it goes for $100, which is totally possible if not more, it will go to a good home.

all good my friend.  enjoy your posts

• Like 2

Testing ChatGPT to analyze the 40726 sales performance and predict the best time to sell. The eBay "starting inventory" and "daily added sets" weren't exact, but I think my estimates were pretty close.

1. Sales Velocity

• 31 sets sold over 10 days gives a sales velocity of 3.1 sets per day.
  • Since we're removing international sales, the actual sales velocity might be lower if some of these were from international buyers. Let's exclude the international sales and revise the calculation.

From the initial data I reviewed:

• 3 international sales were identified:
    • One from Canada on Sep 26 ($66.74 + $20.63 shipping).
    • Two from the UK on Sep 26 and Sep 24.

This leaves 28 domestic sales over the 10-day period, which gives a revised sales velocity of 2.8 sets per day.

2. Supply and Demand Dynamics

• Starting with 55 listings on Sept 17, and 1.5 new listings added per day:
    • 15 new listings would have been added over the 10-day period.
    • 31 total sets were sold (international and domestic), but adjusting for only domestic sales, 28 sets were sold.
    • This means the net change is a reduction of 13 listings from the original 55, leaving us with 48 available listings on Sept 27.

3. Price Stability

• The average price for domestic sales still hovers around $73.67 (as calculated earlier).
  • Despite the sale of 28 domestic sets, the number of listings has not dropped significantly due to the new listings replenishing the supply, keeping prices stable without dramatic increases.

4. Should You Sell or Hold?

• With a revised sales velocity of 2.8 sets per day, demand remains steady, but not increasing at a rate that suggests rapid price escalation.
  • Given that the number of available listings is only slightly decreasing, the likelihood of a significant short-term price spike is low unless supply drops more dramatically.
  • Selling now at the current stable price of $73–$75 remains a strong option, especially if you're aiming for a reliable return.
  • If you anticipate that fewer new listings will appear in the future or expect higher demand during the holiday season, holding for a potential price increase could be an option, but it may not happen quickly given current trends.

Conclusion:

With 28 domestic sets sold at a rate of 2.8/day and stable prices, selling now is a reasonable strategy. Holding out may offer some upside, but it could take time unless supply starts to decrease more rapidly.