LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

On 8/5/2024 at 5:33 PM, Billy Brick said:

High buy in, only going to net 15%-20% discount at best for reselling, if it was doubled with good rakuten cb might be more appealing. It does seem like they made quite a bit. My thoughts.. I’m sitting out this one.

If I didn't have a Pick a Brick order, I would've sat out as well as I only really wanted Peridia set for the figures and the LotR Brickheadz from earlier in the summer.  Looking forward to the monorail set to go with it.  Bummed it doesn't appear to have another color of space baby and just another blue one. Missed opportunity if so.  Sometimes I think Lego doesn't like making easy money.

5 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

If I didn't have a Pick a Brick order, I would've sat out as well as I only really wanted Peridia set for the figures and the LotR Brickheadz from earlier in the summer.  Looking forward to the monorail set to go with it.  Bummed it doesn't appear to have another color of space baby and just another blue one. Missed opportunity if so.  Sometimes I think Lego doesn't like making easy money.

I thought PAB was excluded?

6 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

The gwp is great if you already buying stuff.

• Like 1

I have an opportunity to purchase 25 units of the Fell Beast GWP at $100 each. Currently sitting at $200 on amazon but is this the panic initial buying or does this set have legs to maintain or increase? It does not seem to have any exclusive figures as far as I can tell.

1 minute ago, Bricklectic said:

I have an opportunity to purchase 25 units of the Fell Beast GWP at $100 each. Currently sitting at $200 on amazon but is this the panic initial buying or does this set have legs to maintain or increase? It does not seem to have any exclusive figures as far as I can tell.

The wings are exclusive and the torso is exclusive. It should have a good value unless Lego rereleases it, that's the risk. They could rerelease it like the mimic box, or just the beast or figure in a separate set.

I've been burned by Lego rereleasing more than any other market factor the last few years but I take most the blame for not moving things fast enough because of other life priorities.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Billy Brick said:

The wings are exclusive and the torso is exclusive. It should have a good value unless Lego rereleases it, that's the risk. They could rerelease it like the mimic box, or just the beast or figure in a separate set.

I've been burned by Lego rereleasing more than any other market factor the last few years but I take most the blame for not moving things fast enough because of other life priorities.

Optimistically, assuming no re-release, any guesses as to the ceiling for such a tiny set?

I recall reading that this set was made in small batch in Netherland itself, which is unusual apparently.

4 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Optimistically, assuming no re-release, any guesses as to the ceiling for such a tiny set?

I recall reading that this set was made in small batch in Netherland itself, which is unusual apparently.

This is just my opinion but I think the $200 mark as that's where the lightsaber gwps ended up. This is a nicer box and set but there are more Star Wars completionists so it's a give and take there. 

Edited by Billy Brick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Just perusing eBay and there were at least 2 different factories producing these TX and O, which is your Netherlands and what the China stickered sets have. If you can flip them before the rerelease and maybe hold a few long term to hedge your bet. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

speculative re-release or has it been confirmed. I ended up buying 50. Maybe I got ahead of myself. Sales volume is probably slow at $200

I would just flip them now FBM.  They will probably sell slowly.  Wouldn't take a chance FBA with Amazon possibly shipping in bags.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I would just flip them now FBM.  They will probably sell slowly.  Wouldn't take a chance FBA with Amazon possibly shipping in bags.

Great point! Forgot about that. Fell Beast deserves more respect than a bag!

15 hours ago, gmpirate said:

I thought PAB was excluded?

It has worked for me a couple times recently.  I'm pretty sure it was excluded in the past as was mentioned.  I wasn't really trying for it on a past order, just noticed that one of the gwp's added after I submitted my parts to my cart so I've kept it in mind since.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Good luck pairing up sets to qualify.  And stores don't even carry the retiring sets anymore except for Brickheadz.

If i remember correctly last year they ran a bunch of stuff on sale online for the promotion....Some pretty good deals to be had to go with the GWP

And i'm 2 hours away from a nearest Lego store so i'll buy online like i normally do if i do decide to buy....Starting to run out of room....Plus i spent more on black friday last year than i did the rest of the year combined so i may hold out for that anyhow

Edited by mlc3423