LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

7 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

so Captain my Captain its the equivalent of $52 to get a set of these 3 VIP magnets.  of course you have stud city showing it off on their stand and display on you tube and talking about how if they run out quickly it will go crazy like the coins did. I'm inclined to get all 3 and burn half my points (after I got the last two ninjago sets) but I made myself say I will only spend the vip points on free lego from now on.  what a situation.  what say you ?

in-hand already paid off promotion.. Value is in the eye of the holder, is it worth $20 to you? Just another a gamble like anything else. I kinda like it for $20 but I wasn't asking for it so eh???

10 hours ago, Billy Brick said:

in-hand already paid off promotion.. Value is in the eye of the holder, is it worth $20 to you? Just another a gamble like anything else. I kinda like it for $20 but I wasn't asking for it so eh???

I don’t gamble, just buy what I like, so I never get caught holding a bag. However, you won’t get rich with my mentality. Usually it’s break even, but I got to drive the car, wear the watch, and stare at a beautiful box for a period of time — then walk away with the same money in hand. 

38 minutes ago, Billy Brick said:

I'm seeing 3 of the 5 coins back in the rewards center on Shop@Home

They have been there for a while now but you can’t actually redeem them unless maybe if you didn’t previously? 

They go to show the greed between them, Coin 1150 and Magnet 2250. Maybe the extra 1100 points goes towards the box vs the tissue paper the slabbed coins came in. 

12 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

lol hey those magnets have a box base stand and magnet : )

I have all 3 on order 

the points required are over the top I agree

I ordered the Shield in hopes to add it to a castle moc, maybe with mtron magnets. You could do the same with the space logo to a ship.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Billy Brick said:

Greedy lego at it again

IMG_2202.png

Thanks the castle was on my wish list and with the D&D CMFs coming out to populate it couldn’t resist this stack. The candy shop got extended until 7/31, had a 10% off GC and 5% CB from RMN and my last Ninjago GWP to redeem. 

ETA: I should have used a $100 VIP voucher but still holding out for what @Captain_Obvious thinks is coming out on BF 2025 🤣

And I have a bunch of Apple Cash to burn.

IMG_2445.png

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, kumas said:

I guess these are leftovers from the release and they expected more ppl buy the pricey set.

No they fired up the presses again. It sucks for people who paid $100 for it and people who bought the set and didn’t get the promo and are without. If they fired up the presses again they should distribute it first to people that didnt get it. The large set is clearly not moving they way lego was expecting it to and now its been dispersed to every retailer you can buy it from kohls with $70 kohls cashback and what not and will likely see a below $300 price tag soon enough. LEGO just being greedy again.

• Like 1

Hey @Pseudoty your thoughts on gwp value.  I collect the super cars and have one of each except the first porsche one boxed new and the Lamborghini that I am buying before it retires plus the limited Porsche book.  The new McLaren p1.  I’d rather wait to buy the McLaren but I want that p1 gwp.  Trying to figure out it will be out for 3 years I would guess and I can buy it on 8-1 for $450 with gwp or buy the gwp on eBay and wait for the set to go on sale in a couple of years.  Current eBay is $140 for the gwp pre order.  Whats your opinion on buy the set with gwp or buy the p1 gwp.  Guess it might go down to $100 but who knows.  Not buying for resale just collection.  Seems like on value of money I might be better off buying the gwp unless run is really short.  Not sure there are as many collectors of this gwp as the limited porsche book.  I could buy the gwp and have $300 for other things retiring.  But then I think I should just go on and buy the car with gwp.  Then I think well I can about get an mos eisley cantina to remain boxed and the gwp.  Decisions to be made : )

4 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

Hey @Pseudoty your thoughts on gwp value.  I collect the super cars and have one of each except the first porsche one boxed new and the Lamborghini that I am buying before it retires plus the limited Porsche book.  The new McLaren p1.  I’d rather wait to buy the McLaren but I want that p1 gwp.  Trying to figure out it will be out for 3 years I would guess and I can buy it on 8-1 for $450 with gwp or buy the gwp on eBay and wait for the set to go on sale in a couple of years.  Current eBay is $140 for the gwp pre order.  Whats your opinion on buy the set with gwp or buy the p1 gwp.  Guess it might go down to $100 but who knows.  Not buying for resale just collection.  Seems like on value of money I might be better off buying the gwp unless run is really short.  Not sure there are as many collectors of this gwp as the limited porsche book.  I could buy the gwp and have $300 for other things retiring.  But then I think I should just go on and buy the car with gwp.  Then I think well I can about get an mos eisley cantina to remain boxed and the gwp.  Decisions to be made : )

Wow, that's a lot of brain power your using on one purchase 😜

If you want the GWP buy the McLaren when it gets released.  If you want to make money with limited funds buy retiring sets.  You could always save money down the line and buy a used McLaren and GWP later . . .

And personally if I had limited funds I would not buy the Cantina.  It's sticking around past retirement (which is never good) and cheaper sets typically appreciate better.  Spread your money out so you don't get burned on one set.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Wow, that's a lot of brain power your using on one purchase 😜

If you want the GWP buy the McLaren when it gets released.  If you want to make money with limited funds buy retiring sets.  You could always save money down the line and buy a used McLaren and GWP later . . .

And personally if I had limited funds I would not buy the Cantina.  It's sticking around past retirement (which is never good) and cheaper sets typically appreciate better.  Spread your money out so you don't get burned on one set.

I disagree the cantina will be around past retirement, it’s rarely available msrp on Amazon unless they decide to horde it suddenly, but if you are a newbie investor you are probably better off in sets with lower to mid msrp.

Edited by Billy Brick

8 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

I read this last night before bed and it gave me a headache 🤣

I remember posting a rant and in it I said the Cantina should have been a great investment but Lego killed that off but I can’t remember why now. 

I don’t get this GWP at first I thought it was a stand for the car and that it would auto rotate which would be amazing but it does neither afaik. Is it just a must have for McLaren fans and the hope is it will truly be limited? When the Ferrari came out was it $450 and what was the GWP, the book you had to buy separately IIRC, and did it sell out day 1? I would think Ferrari has a lot more demand than the McLaren but also know there are people that just get all of these cars regardless of brand. Oh, and wasn’t the Ferrari one of the coupon sets last BF or CM and how much off was it if you recall. 

Tell me more and I may have another option for you. 

ETA: found it 

“There are too many good expensive sets coming out every 1/4 that people can’t keep up. The market is flooded like Beanie Babies. Cantina which should have been a slam dunk winner with all of the exclusive minifigures will be a kiss of death set for many”

I would avoid the Cantina (says the guy that has 8K worth of Blacksmith sitting on a shelf) at $400 because how many buyers will there be at your sales point. When it goes OOS on amazon like it is now it only goes up 10% with only 11 sellers, not a good sign. If we see a 40% off deal with GWP & CB like we had with the UCS gunship then I would say go for it but not at the new inflated MSRP. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

the book you had to buy separately IIRC, and did it sell out day 1?

Yes, that's correct. People who attempted to buy two copies had their entire orders canceled, while those who purchased just one saw their orders successfully processed. I sold my copy too quickly and made a small profit of $100, but the price later soared to over $300 for three months. Porsche collectors are equally enthusiastic, though they typically have smaller budgets. I'll consider buying the book if fewer than 5,000 copies are produced.

• Like 1