Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2024

29 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

do you have to have a brick link account to order this or can you just order directly from the lego store and it is not linked to bricklink ?

I would think so. Even though there are placeholders on lego.com but if you click on it, it still takes you to brinklink.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CathyVT said:

This is probably a dumb question, but I assume you have to PAY today, when you preorder a set, even though the set you preorder might not be produced (if it doesn't get enough preorders)?

No they get pre approval from credit card, but don't charge I believe they charge at time of shipping

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Has there been a delayed start?  I am not seeing anywhere on BL the ability to purchase any of the sets.

It starts at noon Pacific time, so that's 3pm Eastern time (in the US) so we've got almost 5 more hours to go... Unless I'm reading the web page incorrectly.

Just now, CathyVT said:

It starts at noon Pacific time, so that's 3pm Eastern time (in the US) so we've got almost 5 more hours to go... Unless I'm reading the web page incorrectly.

Thank you, I thought it started at 9am like last time.  Looking on BL at the times now,  12pm pacific, but 9pm CET?  What kind of clock is BL using?!? Are they staggering the release times for different time zones?

image.png.35ba09cbe67774d2a749decc3464370d.png

2 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Thank you, I thought it started at 9am like last time.  Looking on BL at the times now,  12pm pacific, but 9pm CET?  What kind of clock is BL using?!? Are they staggering the release times for different time zones?

image.png.35ba09cbe67774d2a749decc3464370d.png

9pm CET (Central European Time) = 12pm PST.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eliminator said:

BL working well for me right now. I'm guessing the Lego Store 'modular' will be the most popular? They're only producing 10,000 sets, right? 

17 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Still nothing I’m willing to pluck money down on. Just meh this time for me.

I agree it's relatively meah and I'm guessing there will be some love for the Lego store. But I could also see the Bowling Alley do well next to the Diner in a modular city.

I like the exterior of the Venetian House but the interior seems very generic. Overall, not worth the $300. Windmill is a bit of wildcard.

I've always wanted some sort of modular Lego store so guessing this will be my best opportunity.  Unfortunately, it feels a little too basic like someone just built something out of a box of random bricks vs. an intentional design.  I think rather than having the shipping area in the rear of the building I would have liked to see the entire base dedicated to floor space in the store.  It just really feels like the interior is lacking depth.  From the outside looking in, there doesn't appear to be much inventory available for sale which is opposite of any Lego store I've visited.  

I also think the Retro Bowling Alley is really well done.  I would be a buyer at $179, but $229 just feels like too much compared to everything available in this price range.  I know there are over 2700 pieces in it, but many of them appear to be small details like flooring/flowers/etc.

• Like 2

I agree it's relatively meah and I'm guessing there will be some love for the Lego store. But I could also see the Bowling Alley do well next to the Diner in a modular city.
I like the exterior of the Venetian House but the interior seems very generic. Overall, not worth the $300. Windmill is a bit of wildcard.

I should say I like the windmill and the LEGO store, just not at those prices.
  • Like 1

Anyone see dimensions on the Bowling Alley?  I see the creator responded to a question indicating base is 32 x 64 studs wide stating "a bit wider than Assembly Square."  When I lookup 32x32 baseplate I find 10" (so that would be 20"?).  When I lookup Assembly Square it says 14" wide.  

Edited by BRIX23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BRIX23 said:

I've always wanted some sort of modular Lego store so guessing this will be my best opportunity.  Unfortunately, it feels a little too basic like someone just built something out of a box of random bricks vs. an intentional design.  I think rather than having the shipping area in the rear of the building I would have liked to see the entire base dedicated to floor space in the store.  It just really feels like the interior is lacking depth.  From the outside looking in, there doesn't appear to be much inventory available for sale which is opposite of any Lego store I've visited.  

Here is a better look at the Lego Store next to other modulars for comparison.

image.png.a1b29bcf148575f9704cc053f28940f1.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRIX23 said:

Anyone see dimensions on the Bowling Alley?  I see the creator responded to a question indicating base is 32 x 64 studs wide stating "a bit wider than Assembly Square."  When I lookup 32x32 baseplate I find 10" (so that would be 20"?).  When I lookup Assembly Square it says 14" wide.  

Assembly Square is 1.5 standard baseplates (32 x 32 + 32 x 16) ~15". Bowling Alley looks to be 2 standard baseplates (32 x 64) ~20"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BrickLover80 said:

I'm guessing there will be some love for the Lego store.

Id agree. I have a feeling it will be as popular if not more so than the Castle in the Forest.

I'll bet my dickens it sells out in under 1 hour, any takers?! 

Edited by BricksBrotha
typo
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Here is a better look at the Lego Store next to other modulars for comparison.

image.png.a1b29bcf148575f9704cc053f28940f1.png

I'm certain it will sell out, but there is a ton of window without a ton of architecture on the outside. Without the lighting kit on the inside there, I can't imagine it looks that great compared to the external designs of the official modulars. 

image.png.a7aa712b107476bc41b9bc58b9786051.png

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 3