COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

55 minutes ago, Jbad87 said:

My buddy sat next to a big dude on a plane once and caught the obesity.

Your buddy must be immunocompromised.:banghead:

1 hour ago, iahawks550 said:

Vaccination snobs are the worst.

“I got 99 problems but a vax ain't one," Stephen Harmon said in a tweet last month before dying

"On July 8, he posted: “Biden’s door to door vaccine ‘surveyors’ really should be called JaCovid Witnesses. #keepmovingdork.”

How many more would sign up for the vaccine if it were to be described as the following:

The vaccine is actually really dangerous.  Its like a million guns that doctors put in your body, why do you think they call it a shot? Its a million tiny guns that we give to your immune system to help them fight the illegal covid immigrants.  The first shot is building a wall so that covid cant get in. And by the way we use the genetic code of the virus to build the vaccine. So its kinda like we built the wall but the virus paid for it.  The second shot is millions of tiny loaded AR15s so your blood cells can fight the covid that sneaks in past the wall.  Listen, I get why your worried. But you should know we only give the tiny guns to some of the blood cells.  The only ones that are good enough and responsible enough to get the tiny guns are the white blood cells.

🤯

Edited by BricksBrotha

I'll add to the conversation that I had to get the Anthrax vaccine for many years and every time I got my annual booster I'd have severe adverse reactions. I was required to continue getting it per the government based on what was believed to be real world threats and my job.
I, as many in the military, were never truly at risk of contact. That and the fact that military members are pin cushions for vaccines has made me adverse to adding to the list of required shots I'm required to get annually or per the cycle of the vaccine. 
Many of my current and retired buddies would rather roll the dice with Covid over getting another government required shot.
I had all of my Anthrax shots as well. Never had any issues myself. I fell on the other side of your argument and figured that the military had already stuck me so many times with different stuff that adding one more to the mix wouldn't hurt anything.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

How many more would sign up for the vaccine if it were to be described as the following:

Understandably this was probably a tongue in cheek comment but a great representation of what would be consider okay in mass media. I dont know a single person that has not received the vaccine that says a negative word against those that have and respect their decision. My group consists of military, firefighters, LEO's, and teachers. We have committed our lives to this great country and the citizens that make it up in the name of freedom. Our media, with the support of the government, is driving us away from the freedom that is unique to the United States. 

Many will attack our freedom and compare us to other countries around the globe. I have spent a career traveling this planet. The places I go are not tourist destinations. Our country is the greatest on this planet. What makes us great is the freedom from our government to be individuals. 

Edited by Jbad87
  • Like 4

I had all of my Anthrax shots as well. Never had any issues myself. I fell on the other side of your argument and figured that the military had already stuck me so many times with different stuff that adding one more to the mix wouldn't hurt anything.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Agreed. I was stationed in the Pacific for 5 years and had tons of shots. Many people don’t realize not only the massive volume of shots in boot camp, but the large volumes of additional / annual shots… the contents of many never revealed to us when we’d ask what they were. Most were probably unnecessary based on our geolocations, but with the potential to deploy to new areas a constant threat, it makes sense that we were over-inoculated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jbad87 said:

I dont know a single person that has not received the vaccine that says a negative word against those that have and respect their decision. My group consists of military, firefighters, LEO's, and teachers. 

It's usually the other way around. Those with the vaccine are very vocal about those who have not. 

9 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

It's usually the other way around. Those with the vaccine are very vocal about those who have not. 

You may be playing grammar police again.  Don’t know. But you are correct that the Vax Nazis are indeed the most vocal. 

17 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

One group endangers others with their (in)actions, the other protects others with theirs. And a lot of us are getting frustrated with all that we’ve sacrificed for being put at risk by people refusing to step up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mathew said:

You may be playing grammar police again.  Don’t know. But you are correct that the Vax Nazis are indeed the most vocal. 

I didn't correct grammar this time. Just had an opposite opinion. 

Just now, jeff_14 said:

One group endangers others with their (in)actions, the other protects others with theirs. And a lot of us are getting frustrated with all that we’ve sacrificed for being put at risk by people refusing to step up. 

Out of curiosity, what have you sacrificed? 

7 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Actually you’re wrong.  According to science, the vaccinated are spreading it just as much as the heathens. And really what have you “sacrificed “.  Your own freedom?  😂. You gave that up when you got the jab. Now you have to present your “papers” wherever you go. 

Edited by Mathew
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Actually you’re wrong.  According to science, the vaccinated are spreading it just as much as the heathens. 

If vaccinated are less likely to be seriously hospitalized, and you believed that certain area hospitals are overwhelmed with non-vaccinated Covid patients, then it's reasonable to believe that people may suffer by not having access to medical treatments in a timely manner. 

Understandably this was probably a tongue in cheek comment but a great representation of what would be consider okay in mass media. I dont know a single person that has not received the vaccine that says a negative word against those that have and respect their decision. My group consists of military, firefighters, LEO's, and teachers. We have committed our lives to this great country and the citizens that make it up in the name of freedom. Our media, with the support of the government, is driving us away from the freedom that is unique to the United States. 

Many will attack our freedom and compare us to other countries around the globe. I have spent a career traveling this planet. The places I go are not tourist destinations. Our country is the greatest on this planet. What makes us great is the freedom from our government to be individuals. 

Are research scientists any less committed to serving and devoting their lives to this country? Some of us have spent years in absolute poverty while working night and day to gain the necessary knowledge. Furthermore there is an irrefutable argument that says if your country is not doing the best physics, anyone who is doing better physics can easily take everything you have away. It’s played out again and again through history and is why at the end of the day doing the best science is the key to a societies survival.

7 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Actually you’re wrong.  According to science, the vaccinated are spreading it just as much as the heathens. And really what have you “sacrificed “.  Your own freedom?  😂. You gave that up when you got the jab. Now you have to present your “papers” wherever you go. 

You’re way off. The vaccinated are also the ones most likely to mask up and distance, reducing spread by far. It’s the unvaccinated that are clogging the hospitals with the virus, exposing health workers like mad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

You’re way off. The vaccinated are also the ones most likely to mask up and distance, reducing spread by far. It’s the unvaccinated that are clogging the hospitals with the virus, exposing health workers like mad. 

I thought Healthcare workers and law enforcement were two of the largest occupation segments to avoid vaccinations. 

That being said, Delta is going to blow through this country, masks or not. Vaccines or not. 

18 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Many people used to feel frustrated, like the authorities were not capable and/or willing to stop criminal activity - So lynch mobs felt justified in taking matters into their own hands.

Personal freedoms are worth upholding - especially when confronted by an angry mob.

• Like 5

On 8/13/2021 at 8:12 PM, jeff_14 said:

I don't understand.

How are the unvaccinated dangerous to others? Aren't the vaccinated safe? Why worry if you already got the holy juice?

Who is affected by an unvaccinated group in society that chose not to go that route? If anything, they are risking their own lives. Let them risk it, it's their choice.

Same way the vaccinated are risking it. It's basically roulette, one's red, one's black. Covid does all kinds of damage, the vaccine does too. Heart inflammation in Israel & in the US (Pfizer):

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/06/israel-reports-link-between-rare-cases-heart-inflammation-and-covid-19-vaccination

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/covid-19-vaccine-cdc-meeting-myocarditis-heart-inflammation/

Blood clots (Johnson & Johnson):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/04/13/us/politics/johnson-johnson-vaccine-blood-clots-fda-cdc.amp.html

After these side effects, especially the heart inflammation, hundreds got that in Israel, Pfizer had to add that information to their vaccine papers. And I think doctors have to specifically inform young men that heart inflammation is most probable in their situation as it effected mostly young men between the age of 20-30.

Edited by elmaslıefendi
  • Like 1

Is it possible you may be called to defend your country with your life?

If China, Russia or Aliens or any other hostile entity are doing better physics, nothing anyone else does will matter. Without the best physics your only hope is for benevolent enemies or no enemies. I would also argue that strong science (physics) is the best deterrent and provides the equipment other folks in service need to stay safe and do their work. Finally the DoD, CIA, FBI employ so many physicists, mathematicians and other scientists for exactly the reasons I have stated. These people are just as important to national defense and every person in this countries safety as anyone else at these agencies and lucky for us all our government understands that even if folks here do not.

38 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I don't understand.

How are the unvaccinated dangerous to others? Aren't the vaccinated safe? Why worry if you already got the holy juice?

Who is affected by an unvaccinated group in society that chose not to go that route? If anything, they are risking their own lives. Let them risk it, it's their choice.

Same way the vaccinated are risking it. It's basically roulette, one's red, one's black. Covid does all kinds of damage, the vaccine does too. Heart inflammation in Israel & in the US (Pfizer):

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/06/israel-reports-link-between-rare-cases-heart-inflammation-and-covid-19-vaccination

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/covid-19-vaccine-cdc-meeting-myocarditis-heart-inflammation/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/04/13/us/politics/johnson-johnson-vaccine-blood-clots-fda-cdc.amp.html

After these side effects, especially the heart inflammation, hundreds got that in Israel, Pfizer had to add that information to their vaccine papers. And I think doctors have to specifically inform young men that heart inflammation is most probable in their situation as it effected mostly young men between the age of 20-30.

Ah, another one of these kinds of days on Brickpicker.

Over It Comedy GIF by Superstore

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I don't understand.

it's disingenuous to post this without actual likelihood or percentages...it's a lot like that absurd list of rapidly spoken/tiny print "possible side effects" at the end of a drug ad.  

The big picture problem that unvaxxed is primarily causing is the impacts to local economies (which hurt most everyone)...it would be one thing is rates of infection is going up but the hospitalization and deaths are also linked which causes local and regional governments to mandate business hurting protocols.