Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

I have little faith these do well for christmas.  Everyone is going to be dumping stock and making 5.00 on a set.  Almost daily the reseller count rises…  Once again, some just don't know when to say when.  

How long have you been doing this? (re-selling) If you have little faith on these doing well at Christmas, you are dead wrong. Some creative bundles are selling really well right now. IR by itself is selling really well right now. This will only multiply 10x a month from now.

• Like 1

How long have you been doing this? (re-selling) If you have little faith on these doing well at Christmas, you are dead wrong. Some creative bundles are selling really well right now. IR by itself is selling really well right now. This will only multiply 10x a month from now.

I've been selling since the late 90s, and i'm to the point where I don't' waste a lot of time anymore on selling a lot to make 5.00.  That's not worth it.  I did sell a "creative bundle" a month ago with a full wave, and made 170.00.  That was the only real win i've had so far.  So many resellers have been undercutting on IR that I don't really buy that so many are selling these at 230..  Not when most of the time it's hovering around 180 on amazon, and Ebay is showing sales data around that price point to.  At that point, it's not worth the effort, because for a big set that is going to cost around 15 on average to ship, it's not the gravy train once one uses this simple thing called MATH to estimate what the profit margin would be.

Here's the ebay sales data.  Most selling for 190+ offer free shipping.  

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=lego indominus rex&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

At 195, that's a final value fee of 19.50.  Add in -17 (on average for shipping), another few bucks removed from paypal.  So, with fees and shipping, you are deducting 40.00 from the cost, on average.  

At the 195 price, people are roughly making around 13 to 15.00, unless they bought these using discounts.  I played that game too with raise.com cards, etc when I could.  Discounts were good back in may-early july at B&N and TRU here in the states, but have been few and far between since.  Most are buying these at MSRP.  So many have a buy-in of 137 to 140 to start, when you add in sales taxes.

Edited by fossilrock

I just sold an IR yesterday for $205 shipped. Gravy train, no, but $30-35 for a one week flip is pretty easy over the long term. That was with an MSRP buy-in. Buy two more at retail when they come around, rinse-wash-repeat. I don't need to go any lower, but even if I did go to $195 shipped, $20-25 several times over the week is pretty easy money.

Of course, that isn't Minecraft microworld type profit of Christmas past. But we also aren't even close to Christmas.

• Like 1

I try to keep quiet on this guy but he is really clueless. Everything is $5 profit. Nobody is making $5 on any Jurassic world set. Do a Google search on Amazon FBA so you are educated that not everybody sells on ebay. That is so 90's. Here is real world scenario. And I have discussed often how it only costs .50 for shipping. I just sold 12 RE in last 24hrs for 84.97. That is real profit minus my snickers bar I ate.

Screenshot_2015-10-24-10-02-04.thumb.png

• Like 4

At the 195 price, people are roughly making around 13 to 15.00, 

Hey that's nearly 3x the $5 profit you balked at earlier.  

Seriously though, Christmas is coming and you shouldn't underestimate the demand for LEGO this time of year.  No TOoS sets are guaranteed quick flips but you have to take a chance to be in this game.

• Like 1

I try to keep quiet on this guy but he is really clueless. Everything is $5 profit. Nobody is making $5 on any Jurassic world set. Do a Google search on Amazon FBA so you are educated that not everybody sells on ebay. That is so 90's. Here is real world scenario. And I have discussed often how it only costs .50 for shipping. I just sold 12 RE in last 24hrs for 84.97. That is real profit minus my snickers bar I ate. 

how dare  you defend your posts with numbers and logic !!!! 

• Like 5

Seriously, the discussion was about IR not RE cory.  That is one of the few with GT being the other that is somewhat decent if you have a bunch.  Jeez. And yes i use Amazon over ebay too and im not seeing what all the over embellishers are saying.  

I'm confused. I thought you were all in on this theme a while back. I've been buy at retail and look forward to selling these in a month. If IR is $190 on Amazon now what do you think it will be in December?? I'll say $225-250. Trex? It's about a $100 now...no way it's less than $125 in December...probably $140-150. Sure...it's a risk buying at retail and I hate doing it but I'm pretty sure it will pay off.

• Like 1

If this theme can triple my investment then i will consider it a win.  We shall see what happens in february. If there is a massive full scale restock world wide with multiple retail outlets then this themes potential diminishes.  If its just one last minor run then it becomes scarce then ill feel good about it.  But flipping rr, da, trex, etc for less than 50% over msrp isnt a huge win in my book.  Id rather focus on previously retired sets with scarcer reseller numbers.  I dont always like to spend a lot of time having to compete with a lot of those happy to always flip the latest sets and be ok with those %s and move on to the next qf craze.  So my philosophy is different than the corys of the world.

• Like 1

If this theme can triple my investment then i will consider it a win.  We shall see what happens in february. If there is a massive full scale restock world wide with multiple retail outlets then this themes potential diminishes.  If its just one last minor run then it becomes scarce then ill feel good about it.  But flipping rr, da, trex, etc for less than 50% over msrp isnt a huge win in my book.  Id rather focus on previously retired sets with scarcer reseller numbers.  I dont always like to spend a lot of time having to compete with a lot of those happy to always flip the latest sets and be ok with those %s and move on to the next qf craze.  So my philosophy is different than the corys of the world.

I see what you're saying. But if a set doubles within 60 days of purchase it's hard not to sell them for me.

• Like 1

I have serious doubts that Lego puts a disclaimer on their site talking about February and not have plans to do it. It makes no sense from any point of view to do that. What does make sense is them ramping up Star Wars sets for Christmas, leaving little time for anything else in their factories.

This theme is a winner. Both this Christmas and long term. 3X MSRP, I doubt it. But then again, very few sets are doing that. Even the big winners are barely 2XMSRP.

I see what you're saying. But if a set doubles within 60 days of purchase it's hard not to sell them for me.

Right now, flipping IR's is going to net about 10% it's RRP. While that's good for a set that hasn't retired, to me that is just 'meh".  Yeah, if you plan on buying 100s and playing that game, than that is decent money, but it's also a lot of work to acquire, sort, package, and ship.  If it retires, and I sell one at 400.00 in a few years.  I made the same that a quick flipper did selling 20 of the same set right now.  Time and effort matters.

And at one point, this line did look great for 300 to 400% rise in value, that was if it did only have a 9 month shelf life.  We shall see what happens.  I'd feel even more foolish if I blew out most of my stock, thinking that ill land a bunch in february, only to find that I have to f5, and spend all day online looking for them and the production run was rather short and then they are gone.  Not saying it will be that way, but I do think movie lines are a rotating and revolving door, and JW is 2015, while Batman vs Superman, Ghostbusters, the new Captain America, Angry Birds, etc are going to be 2016.  

To each his/her own.  Everyone has to decide what is best for them.  I have decided that JW sets are clearly winners and worth the time/effort for me.

On Amazon, the lowest priced Indominus Rex right now is $206 with free prime shipping by FBA.  

On Amazon, the lowest priced T Rex Tracker right now is $84.97 + $28.35 shipping.  

On Amazon, the lowest priced Raptor Escape right now is $60.47 + $18.99 shipping.

The prices of JW sets should only spike even higher as the holidays roll in.  

I've been selling since the late 90s, and i'm to the point where I don't' waste a lot of time anymore on selling a lot to make 5.00.  That's not worth it.  I did sell a "creative bundle" a month ago with a full wave, and made 170.00.  That was the only real win i've had so far.  So many resellers have been undercutting on IR that I don't really buy that so many are selling these at 230..  Not when most of the time it's hovering around 180 on amazon, and Ebay is showing sales data around that price point to.  At that point, it's not worth the effort, because for a big set that is going to cost around 15 on average to ship, it's not the gravy train once one uses this simple thing called MATH to estimate what the profit margin would be.
Here's the ebay sales data.  Most selling for 190+ offer free shipping.  

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=lego indominus rex&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

At 195, that's a final value fee of 19.50.  Add in -17 (on average for shipping), another few bucks removed from paypal.  So, with fees and shipping, you are deducting 40.00 from the cost, on average.  

At the 195 price, people are roughly making around 13 to 15.00, unless they bought these using discounts.  I played that game too with raise.com cards, etc when I could.  Discounts were good back in may-early july at B&N and TRU here in the states, but have been few and far between since.  Most are buying these at MSRP.  So many have a buy-in of 137 to 140 to start, when you add in sales taxes.

but I thought all jw sets were retiring? Where's your faith?!? 

Cory... glad we are on the same team :D. I sold 29 at the same price as well. Think it will climb to a $100 in few more weeks, or you think too much sellers flooding at the $85 mark to get the buy box? I am trying to decide if I should unload some of the 70 I am holding or wait a few more weeks.

Edited by tacsniper

Right now, flipping IR's is going to net about 10% it's RRP. While that's good for a set that hasn't retired, to me that is just 'meh".  Yeah, if you plan on buying 100s and playing that game, than that is decent money, but it's also a lot of work to acquire, sort, package, and ship.  If it retires, and I sell one at 400.00 in a few years.  I made the same that a quick flipper did selling 20 of the same set right now.  Time and effort matters.

I am sure there is more than $13 profit right now at $206+. See below, I choose $215 because thats where a few sellers are. Only one listing as of posting at $206 and $210, which will not last long. Seeing 30% ROI for one week flipping is pretty good. Now x20,30,40,100 or whatever people have accumulated and buy from now till feb... you will have a huge chunk of change to reload comes Feb.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-24%20at%2011.06.

As for quick flip vs long term... don't forget the one QLing will be compounding his profits. If he can rinse and repeat this hundreds of times across many sets, he may come out ahead assuming he keeps buying the right sets that will average minimum 10% ROI and eventually be able to compound enough profit to buy in bulk.

Edited by tacsniper

Just so we are clear I am only selling RE right now. And only selling the recent ones I have bought as I will keep 30 RE for long term. I will flip the other sets if they return to previous highs but will keep hopefully half for long haul. I just sold 7 more RE since last post. And bought 4 IRex.