Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

I was told two weeks ago from a very talkative Lego employee that JW would be taking a six month hiatus as they ramp up production for the holidays and into 2016. I take most things said by their employees with a grain of salt, but it looks like his information was valid. He also said that Lego hasn't really decided if they're going to bring it back after the 6 month break. At some point later in the year, they will evaluate their ginormous product line and decide to either retire this wave of Jurassic World, or bring it back for one more huge run. I think with how many resellers are snatching these up, we can expect Lego to do another run next year but until then, we're in the clear.

Timing doesn't make sense. 6 month hiatus starting when? It would have had to have started in May or June with production ramping up for sales in November and December. Not saying that it is not true I just don't understand the timeline.

Timing doesn't make sense. 6 month hiatus starting when? It would have had to have started in May or June with production ramping up for sales in November and December. Not saying that it is not true I just don't understand the timeline.

Basically, he was told that his store would not get a shipment for six months. He's expecting more JW next March if they decide to extend the production of the first wave/line. They did get a massive restock this month.

I'm not sure what all of this "flip during the holidays for $10" talk is about.  Everyone realizes 75920 is sold out at Walmart for 2x MSRP in the middle of October, right?  Here, let me repeat that;  75920 is sold out at Walmart for 2x MSRP in the middle of October?  I could go on, but that seems all that needs to be said.

I'm not sure what all of this "flip during the holidays for $10" talk is about.  Everyone realizes 75920 is sold out at Walmart for 2x MSRP in the middle of October, right?  Here, let me repeat that;  75920 is sold out at Walmart for 2x MSRP in the middle of October?  I could go on, but that seems all that needs to be said.

Don't forget to factor in fees, postage, shipping supplies, and most of all... labour ;) ... if only we can bill our clients like lawyers for the amount of research we do on this forum and hunting these damn things down :P

Edited by tacsniper

Don't forget to factor in fees, postage, shipping supplies, and most of all... labour ;) ... if only we can bill out clients like lawyers for the amount of research we do on this forum and hunting these damn things down :P

December 19th when mom and dad are frantic because no online retailer has any and there's not even a place for them on the shelves of TRU, WM, Target, B&N, or the Lego store, every one of those fees will be $0 as CL is free.  I consider selling Legos very little labor.  :)  

• Like 1

December 19th when mom and dad are frantic because no online retailer has any and there's not even a place for them on the shelves of TRU, WM, Target, B&N, or the Lego store, every one of those fees will be $0 as CL is free.  I consider selling Legos very little labor.  :)  

ahhhh smart thinking... i rarely do local sales... but I will certainly consider listing some locally in December

What does everyone think, are 75915 75916 solid for a holiday flip or are the sets just too lame. I will be picking up 75917-75920 as many as possible but am iffy on those 2.

All indicators are showing any JW sets will be great for short term and long term hold. HOWEVER, is it worth holding 20x each of 75916 and 17 vs holding some of say... Advent Calendars is the real decision maker. Which set will make you the greatest ROI. You pretty much cannot go wrong either way IMHO... anything left over can shuffle into your "long term" hold stash.

Edited by tacsniper

Don't forget to factor in fees, postage, shipping supplies, and most of all... labour ;) ... if only we can bill our clients like lawyers for the amount of research we do on this forum and hunting these damn things down :P

It is a give and take I am doing great on JW sets.  they will be gold this Christmas in my opinion whether there is some channel supply or not.  I do know many people say factor in labor.  However if this is your hobby, I guess instead of working on this you could instead sit on a couch and stare at a wall and charge $0 per hour and be bored.  Labor is a factor but only if this is in my opinion not your hobby and you could replace all of the time you spend on it with something at a better hourly rate.  In the world today there are a great many people who would not be able to find work to replace it at a more profitable rate while also being a hobby... not directed at you but something that has been on my mind when multiple people have said on BP to factor your labor costs in ... yes factor them in but also factor them against multiple variables

• Like 3

Yea I remember getting in argument with popular fellow on here about factoring labor and driving and what I had for lunch while driving. It's my hobby that is fun and I get paid so I don't factor that in yet. 

yes

car asset expense, driving the car, labor of driving the car, amount of mileage, left turns which slow you down and your food consumption are all topics I have heard before

to which I say it is good to know if you were not in lego investing you could sit on the couch at home staring at a blank wall earning nothing while never eating because you do not need to eat if you do not sell lego and if you do sell lego while driving to get it you eat more than if you were in your house on the couch staring at the blank wall earning nothing

lol ok a bit over board but that amplifies my point

each person has their own unique circumstances it should be left to that

Yea I remember getting in argument with popular fellow on here about factoring labor and driving and what I had for lunch while driving. It's my hobby that is fun and I get paid so I don't factor that in yet. 

Lol, let me clear the air here. First off I didn't say anything about food, that was someone else. I was referring to keeping track of your mileage so if/when you submit your earnings from this hobby with your taxes, you would get some money back. If I recall correctly, you were putting on some pretty good mileage making the rounds picking up lego. I didn't mean keeping track of everything and that snickers bar but it definitely got blown up like that.

• Like 1

Lol, let me clear the air here. First off I didn't say anything about food, that was someone else. I was referring to keeping track of your mileage so if/when you submit your earnings from this hobby with your taxes, you would get some money back. If I recall correctly, you were putting on some pretty good mileage making the rounds picking up lego. I didn't mean keeping track of everything and that snickers bar but it definitely got blown up like that.

lol it's all good we can call it the "F Factor" for food

• Like 1

yes

car asset expense, driving the car, labor of driving the car, amount of mileage, left turns which slow you down and your food consumption are all topics I have heard before

to which I say it is good to know if you were not in lego investing you could sit on the couch at home staring at a blank wall earning nothing while never eating because you do not need to eat if you do not sell lego and if you do sell lego while driving to get it you eat more than if you were in your house on the couch staring at the blank wall earning nothing

lol ok a bit over board but that amplifies my point

each person has their own unique circumstances it should be left to that

Trek wins the award for longest run-on sentence. Your 6th grade teacher would be crushed if she read this.

• Like 1

Mate, you must be doing something wrong as I've had no problem flipping this set for $25+ profit.

Have a better look at your strategies.

Will do . $15 USD = $20 AU and I probably overestimate fees by $5 as a habit , rather than underestimate. As ebay and paypal fees are often higher than you think, when you have a good look at the percentage that you are paying over the year compared to sales. It is good profit. But it is not the 2 x retail that is being said. Hopefully it should go up though.

Edited by Ryan Junior