Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

I honestly found mschaef 's negativity to be comical lol! 

He wasn't always comical behind the scenes....

Anyways....

Didn't you see the movies! Man and the Dinosaur's cannot co-exist!!! 

They can in LEGO form! Maybe why that's why these are so hot!! My oldest desperately wants some of the sets for his birthday... good thing I anticipated and stocked 1 of each so his grandma and grandpa can come shopping Chez gregpj!

He wasn't always comical behind the scenes....

Anyways....

They can in LEGO form! Maybe why that's why these are so hot!! My oldest desperately wants some of the sets for his birthday... good thing I anticipated and stocked 1 of each so his grandma and grandpa can come shopping Chez gregpj!

haha yeah I'm a huge fan of them as well and Truthfully I never believed they would retire this year and still don't but I grabbed one of each before they become any harder to get since I wanna finish building the rest soon :) 

Just FYI:

Started this morning on Canada side Lego.shop.com has labelled each JW sets with:

We're sorry that this set is not available. Please check back in February for product availability.

Resellers will continue to wipe them off the shelves as soon as they are spotted. Consumers stand very little chance.

• Like 1

They could be messing with us, I ordered 2 RRs with estimated ship date 28 Oct....they were dispatched the very next day, no hold ups, no fuss.....??? Anyone considered that all these TOOS could be lego trying to catch investors out and destabilise the secondary market?

Toos is the new retiring soon... Problem is Lego aren´t selling them and they don´t know what stock is left in shops.

Toos is the new retiring soon... Problem is Lego aren´t selling them and they don´t know what stock is left in shops.

Yeah I thought that might be the case, every now and then though I get the dreadful feeling they're all going to pop up as available again after x2 points or heaven forbid new year. Would be terrible if their new tactic would be to rotate their stocks shelf life potentially prolonging retirement for years? That said it wouldn't fit with their ethos of keeping the brand "fresh". Thanks for clearing that up for me though.

Yeah I thought that might be the case, every now and then though I get the dreadful feeling they're all going to pop up as available again after x2 points or heaven forbid new year. Would be terrible if their new tactic would be to rotate their stocks shelf life potentially prolonging retirement for years? That said it wouldn't fit with their ethos of keeping the brand "fresh". Thanks for clearing that up for me though.

I think that their "new" strategy is simply to cull off the lines or sets that don´t meet initial expectations and extend the life of those that do well. For every T1, PS or DS we ca get a Sea Cow,  Brick Bounty or Ultra Agents.

Regarding JW, there is still stock in the EU so we just need to watch for developments over the pond. I am of the same opinion as Emazers on this one - it makes no sense to retire these sets now.

• Like 1

image.thumb.gif.bdd507111754cb872b71a028

I don't think it takes much for that to happen.  

Anyway, back to the thread.. Up until today, everything was fairly cryptic with what lego was doing with this theme.  Now with that message, it's quite clear, and the point of the game is to adapt, figure out what you want to sacrifice, or keep and move on and reinvest.

It still makes little sense that this line is not available for christmas… especially when the Force Awakens doesn't come out a week before that day.. So, why hold out on obviously a popular line for that one is a head scratcher.  That just seems like poor decision making on some executives behalf, but whatever.  

Dude, give it a rest. You were wrong, get over it. If you would have shown some tact in the past or would try to now you would have a much better time here. 

Exactly, instead he passes of speculation as pure fact and personally insults all those who don't agree. And then wonders why people enjoy telling him he was wrong. Some people...

I was told two weeks ago from a very talkative Lego employee that JW would be taking a six month hiatus as they ramp up production for the holidays and into 2016. I take most things said by their employees with a grain of salt, but it looks like his information was valid. He also said that Lego hasn't really decided if they're going to bring it back after the 6 month break. At some point later in the year, they will evaluate their ginormous product line and decide to either retire this wave of Jurassic World, or bring it back for one more huge run. I think with how many resellers are snatching these up, we can expect Lego to do another run next year but until then, we're in the clear.

Once again, my posts here on the jurassic world line is all about speculation.. But, i'm glad I was proactive so far with this line.  In 2015, what sets have had this sort of potential at this stage in the game.  Not many that I can think of. 

If these do prolong into the summer of next year, then I think long term the potential for this line diminishes quite a bit.  Raptor Escape the next Zombies?  We'll see…  Is lego releasing that one again at walmart?  And what would be the big tie-in next time now that Jurassic World is moving on and burying JW until 2018?  Obviously, Lego might have dropped the ball on this theme...

Regardless, check back with me in december, and ill let you know how "wrong" I was this year, even if I COULD be a bit off on thinking these might hit 3x to 4x next year. If I pay for my christmas bills out right by flipping some JW sets, then so be it.  To me that's a victory...

Also, i don't care what most people think about me.  Im not here to make friends, and don't care if i'm not cool enough to be a card carrying member of the toy scalpers cult.