Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

Guest betsy805

Looks like amazon git IR on sale...$124.41

Seriously!!  Check out the sold listings for Jurassic World on ebay....it's all knock offs from Hong Kong and China!!

I like the idea and have always wanted to start something like this but for all sets that are in demand... but cannot think of an efficient way to do it other than through a public spreadsheet where members can update status after they visit a store. Users can freeze pane onto specific stores maybe?

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-15%20at%2011.31.

Edited by tacsniper

Investing in JW is really a gamble at this point if you are just looking to flip for Christmas.  At this point, it's almost better to put your money elsewhere.  Within the last two weeks, the amount of resellers on amazon have gone up around 40%.  The IR set was at one point showing a lot of promise as it was starting to go under 60 resellers and prices were over 200, but now it's up over 100, and with that prices have dropped 50.00 to the point where most people are just breaking even.  I know getting these at discount right now is almost impossible, so i'm not sure how anyone is making money on these by selling them at 160. 

If, and it's a big IF these do come back in January.. then flipping them for Christmas might not even be that promising.  I just think there's better things to sink your cash flow into.  However, if they don't come back ever again...then, it's going to be well worth having these long term.

Investing in JW is really a gamble at this point if you are just looking to flip for Christmas.  At this point, it's almost better to put your money elsewhere.  Within the last two weeks, the amount of resellers on amazon have gone up around 40%.  The IR set was at one point showing a lot of promise as it was starting to go under 60 resellers and prices were over 200, but now it's up over 100, and with that prices have dropped 50.00 to the point where most people are just breaking even.  I know getting these at discount right now is almost impossible, so i'm not sure how anyone is making money on these by selling them at 160. 

If, and it's a big IF these do come back in January.. then flipping them for Christmas might not even be that promising.  I just think there's better things to sink your cash flow into.  However, if they don't come back ever again...then, it's going to be well worth having these long term.

I'm not sure how you're finding this a gamble.  Even if there are 1000 listings on Amazon, what does that matter if stores aren't going to be getting anymore or will only get what is currently sitting in their regional distribution center?  How many kids are going to want each set between now and Christmas?  Do you really believe there are enough resellers willing to sell each set for $10 profit to fill that void?  I sure don't.  LEGO is sold out, Can't find them at WM, Target, or TRU either.  How many Timmies and Sallies are going to ask Santa for one of these sets?  When they do, where is Santa going to find one given all of the stores are empty?  I believe these numbers will easily be in the thousands and there ain't that many listings on eBay and Amazon combined for any JW set.

The best of all scenarios - 90% of resellers dump a majority of their stock for this Christmas and make 5.00 on each set. 

Retirement tag gets put on the line in January...

A reliable source on here has specifically stated that the Jurassic World sets are on the 2016 order sheet, so I'm not sure why you are still stoking your flame?

How many reliable sources have said it is not retiring?

Well, you've always been a believer Marx.  You stated numerous times in this thread these would be back in large restocks.  And here we are again.  So, do I consider anything you say very reliable with your previous history?  No, not at all.

To be fair there have been widespread restocks of the entire theme at LEGO retail stores and many online retailers have had stock pop up the last few weeks.  This could be the last we see of them until 2016 or not, but either way these have not been that hard to get if you are looking.  And many resellers have been looking and loading up.  I don't think this will make much of a dent in secondary market prices though unless there are consistent restocks.  Christmas is coming and demand will be there.

It just seems the restocks were strictly online, or in B&M stores, and they never last too long (a few days is the longest stretch).  I haven't seen them at  walmart, target, or on the shelf at TRU in my area since end of July.  I did see a lone DA in a walmart in August, but that was it.  So, it's still not behaving like other themes, and I agree they aren't very hard to land, if you follow brickpicker with a religious fervor.  Your average consumer does not, so they are stuck with what they see on the major sites.   This entire them was more like the last Hobbit wave, then anything else. In that it wasn't widely avaialble at your local stores.

Either way, these seemed to have a six month production run, and from what i've gathered from talking with a lego store manager, six month production runs are typical with movie lines.  Other lines, like the Hobbit Movies, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Lone Ranger were similar in that they were produced over six months, and then that was it.  And that doesn't mean they are only available for six months, it means they produce them for six months, and then they move on to the next lines until the stock depletes from that production period.  I don't think we've seen any production codes from September, or October, yet right?

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1