Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

A lot of the constant theories here lack logic.  Why would lego just be like "ohh that movie was the most profitable of all time, and the largest moneymaker, and the sets sold out fairly quickly, but we are not going to make anymore for this christmas (our biggest selling season), and focus on dr freaking who because that makes great business sense!".  I think the most logical thing here is that the licensing agreement was for a limited time, otherwise these would be found everywhere for a movie that is as popular as Jurassic World turned out to be.  And just because it's in a wholesale catalog doesn't matter either.  Stock could deplete before it reaches 2016, and maybe they underestimated the popularity and thought they would still be available by then.  Doesn't mean just because they are in a wholesale catalog you can easily obtain or get them.
The lone ranger theme was out for 9 months.

You don't know how happy I'd be if you're correct.  I've even said I believe these 6 are done.  I'm simply saying they have other priorities that they MUST take care of.  Even if it turns out to be a loser (which it won't), LEGO is OBLIGATED to produce enough of Dr. Who to be on the shelves of all retailers where  it will be sold.  Then they have all of the Star Wars sets to get on the shelves.  Then they have all of the sets they put in the Holiday catalog which one would expect priority in the production queue.  And this is all based on my zero knowledge of their production capacity.  Heck, they may be able to do all  of that in a couple of days with a full crew working over time.  Or it might take them 2 months.  I have no idea.  

Actually we've seen a lot of 36R5 reported which is the week of 8/31 - 9/6.

I just did an inventory of all my sets… I've been buying when I see them, but skipped buying any in August into early September.  I just picked up some more this weekend so they definitely have made them from February into August.

75915 PC - 08R5, 11R5, 36R5

75916 DA - 19R5, 20R5, 29R5

75917 RR - 09R5, 19R5, 22R5, 36R5

75918 TRT - 09R5, 19R5

75919 IRX - 19R5, 25R5, 31R5

75920 - 07R5, 10R5, 11R5, 20R5, and 37R5

I'm guessing IR is the winner of the series in the long run seeing how many u have. Maybe come close to RE ROI. I would think IR and TrT would be the clear winners.

Gallimimus Trap is the winner.  Already selling for >3x MSRP.  that would be like IR selling now for $390.  ;)

• Like 1