Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

I predict the $20 JW set will do great. Last Christmas, there was window where Minecraft The Cave was the highest ROI of all the MC sets. I have a hunch 75915 will perform better than expected in December. I built it this week, and my 5 year old is having a blast with the net shooting helicopter. Playability is strong with this one.

This is what I was alluding too.  IMO, there's many more parents that can drop $50 on a Lego set their kid would love vs. those that can drop $260 on a set.  Both are the 2x range for the smallest and largest sets.  The only set my kids have is 916.  And they love it.  They're REALLY hoping Santa/Grandparents get them any/all of the rest.

Why do some of you guys keep saying the JW sets are done, they are not .

I'll try to summarize the last 20 pages for you.

These have been pretty much sold out everywhere. Which, of course means that Lego only agreed to produce these for 3 months and then never again. Because that's what happens with every Lego set. Because we've got mountains of data to back up that this happens all the time.

Or, some people can't seem to listen to what some of the smarter investors have to say, want to ignore data, pretend this is a brave new world for Lego corporate decision making and want to make their own stamp.

That, or hotcakes.

• Like 5

I'll try to summarize the last 20 pages for you.

These have been pretty much sold out everywhere. Which, of course means that Lego only agreed to produce these for 3 months and then never again. Because that's what happens with every Lego set. Because we've got mountains of data to back up that this happens all the time.

Or, some people can't seem to listen to what some of the smarter investors have to say, want to ignore data, pretend this is a brave new world for Lego corporate decision making and want to make their own stamp.

That, or hotcakes.

image.thumb.gif.36d165df8283cc77e0b7e2f5

• Like 1

How long was the Lone Ranger and Indiana Jones themed sets available? What other movie based (non Star Wars) themes are there to compare with?

Lego has a long tradition of Dino themed sets. This kills two birds with one stone and I have a feeling it's going to be around for another year.

That being said, I'm stocking up on these for Christmas.

That being said, I'm stocking up on these for Christmas.

I believe that's a solid idea.  Everyone knows my expectations with this line, but even if this set is around for another 2 years, that doesn't mean Santa will be able to find one for Christmas.  Think about it...there aren't many of these sitting on the shelf and it's still 2 months until Christmas.  LEGO has to churn out all current sets, plus the new Brick Bank, plus the new Dr. Who.  And I would expect they would give priority for the holiday season to those sets actually in the holiday catalog.  Add all that up and these look like a great holiday flip at the least.

Edit:  Forgot to mention; LEGO also pulled this theme from the site because they don't know when they'll have it available again.  Doesn't bode well for filling shelves by the holidays.

Edited by Loghamel

I believe that's a solid idea.  Everyone knows my expectations with this line, but even if this set is around for another 2 years, that doesn't mean Santa will be able to find one for Christmas.  Think about it...there aren't many of these sitting on the shelf and it's still 2 months until Christmas.  LEGO has to churn out all current sets, plus the new Brick Bank, plus the new Dr. Who.  And I would expect they would give priority for the holiday season to those sets actually in the holiday catalog.  Add all that up and these look like a great holiday flip at the least.

Edit:  Forgot to mention; LEGO also pulled this theme from the site because they don't know when they'll have it available again.  Doesn't bode well for filling shelves by the holidays.

A lot of the constant theories here lack logic.  Why would lego just be like "ohh that movie was the most profitable of all time, and the largest moneymaker, and the sets sold out fairly quickly, but we are not going to make anymore for this christmas (our biggest selling season), and focus on dr freaking who because that makes great business sense!".  I think the most logical thing here is that the licensing agreement was for a limited time, otherwise these would be found everywhere for a movie that is as popular as Jurassic World turned out to be.  And just because it's in a wholesale catalog doesn't matter either.  Stock could deplete before it reaches 2016, and maybe they underestimated the popularity and thought they would still be available by then.  Doesn't mean just because they are in a wholesale catalog you can easily obtain or get them.

The lone ranger theme was out for 9 months.

I am sure it will be shortage for this theme...TLG trying to pump more but production abilities limited and they want SW sets in full #force...btw my amazon JW orders shipped today.

Sorry, but I don't buy that logic anymore.  It did make sense back in July right after the movie came out and sets got fairly hard to find, but in October when the digital and dvd release?  Lego's production capabilities are not that incapacitated.  So, logic says it's a licensing agreement..

The middle of July is the last known production code. 

Edited by fossilrock