Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

Do you guys really think this theme is done?
I think they are cranking up those machines to the till. 
If you were Lego and have a massive demand, would you cut it short right before Christmas season?
No, you would squeeze every drop. Its business 101.
If you have a great product, would you end its life?  

Don't think it's done but do think it will be hard/impossible for them to keep in stock for X-mas. They can barely keep in stock now, how could they possibly do so 6 weeks from now? Everything I have now is to flip for little Timmy's X-mas except for RE. I'm taking a wait and see approach with that one.

• Like 2

If you were Lego and have a massive demand, would you cut it short right before Christmas season?

The commercials for the DVD release are now airing: October 20th in stores.  I think those who guessed it would come back to coincide with the DVD release were spot on. 

Done? No.

Hard to find in the next 6 weeks? Yes. Why? Because look at all the BPers wiping them out plus many more resellers that do not post here. Timmy and his parents don't stand a chance unless they stumble upon them in the Lego store. Not to mention, mommy and daddy actually need to say 'yes, now we go pay for it' when Timmy asks for it plus the gazillions other sets Timmy asks for in the Lego store.

Now wait till little Timmy let his grandmas and grandpas know he wants IR and RE for xmas :cool:

Edited by tacsniper

Just got my Lego Holiday catalog in the mail. It appears to be focused on kids... has a full blank page where kids can fill out their "Wish List".  ... unless I missed something, I find no JW in the catalog at all. (also no Scooby Doo).  I try not to read too much into what's in the catalog and what's not... but that seems to be a clear sign that they do not plan on having a lot of JW available for Xmas... (or maybe they don't feel they need help from the catalog to sell JW... it does fine with no advertising).

Edited by Kenxxx

Done? No.

Hard to find in the next 6 weeks? Yes. Why? Because look at all the BPers wiping them out plus many more resellers that do not post here. Timmy and his parents don't stand a chance unless they stumble upon them in the Lego store. Not to mention, mommy and daddy actually need to say 'yes, now we go pay for it' when Timmy asks for it plus the gazillions other sets Timmy asks for in the Lego store.

Now wait till little Timmy let his grandmas and grandpas know he wants IR and RE for xmas :cool:

But, like usual, BPers can be their own worst enemy, especially when they wipe them out so quickly.  It just triggers false scarcity, and can make lego consider creating more supply. 

Like that old budweiser commercial - "Know when to say when"... otherwise it becomes a DS, T1, Red5, and PS all over again, where the sets are always being prolonged, because resellers buy up 90% of the restock in hours..

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 2

I was at TRU yesterday and overheard a kid asking his Dad about the Jurassic World sets.  They were nowhere to be found.  The Dad told him "we'll have to check Target or Walmart".

Sorry to break it to you Timmy, but I hope you've been good this year because Santa is the only one that can give you a Raptor or Indominus Rex this year. Make sure those sets are at the top of your list so your Dad works very, very hard to make sure Santa is able to put it under the tree.

:devil:

• Like 6

I was at TRU yesterday and overheard a kid asking his Dad about the Jurassic World sets.  They were nowhere to be found.  The Dad told him "we'll have to check Target or Walmart".

Sorry to break it to you Timmy, but I hope you've been good this year because Santa is the only one that can give you a Raptor or Indominus Rex this year. Make sure those sets are at the top of your list so your Dad works very, very hard to make sure Santa is able to put it under the tree.

:devil:

that's why you shouls carry business cards in case of emergencies . Also a coupon will go a long way ;) 

• Like 4

If your betting that JW will not be available for xmas and your planning a short term flip... good tactic.
I just think many here are panic buying thinking this theme is done. 
I'm waiting for all the smoke to clear, this theme is very popular and could stick around for awhile. 
Then again, its a Short lived Lego Theme and you have Gold Dinosaurs. (I doubt it, but it could happen)

The license duration is probably pre-determined. Popular or not, it's possible that production will halt before demand ceases. Lego may not have a choice. I have no idea how long the license was for, but maybe through 2015 is reasonable? Who knows.

Not sure if I'd be first on record, probably second behind FossilRock, but I believe this line is done, post Christmas.  This being my first prediction on BP, I hope I don't look back and cringe when reviewing my posting history.

No matter when it goes, no one should look bad on this line. Go back & read the DS, TB & PS predictions. Even some from Tumbler when it was released...

Yeah there's no denying this is an excellent line to invest in since anything Dino is gold and I personally love the sets myself. It's a funny coincidence how the one set that I highly recommended when they first came out ended up being the hardest to find lol. (raptor escape) 

that guy who pointed this set out deserve a reward....hey, it was me? lol