Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

OK, so that's interesting.

I think that's exactly what he has. It sounds like Ed is saying the Jurassic sets are on the 2016 Wholesale order form, other than the Raptor Escape.

(also i love that someone actually named Newbie, semi-questioned Ed) :)

On the other hand Newbie77, i very much enjoyed your unique part analysis. Very interesting points.

I think it's a great sign for JW popularity that it's out of stock consistently even after several restocks. I agree that i haven't seen a line behave like this in recent memory. I also think it will stick around into 2015 based on the fact it appears to be selling well.

having any set in LEGO wholesale order actually does not point to either longeiveity and/or availability. { i am sure people who has access to those are aware of that. }

most of the wholesale orders depending on size has to be filled at least 1-2qtr earlier but again depending on your sales person and relation one can squeeze on last day of the quarter and have access to the sets immediately as well. 

having said that; i believe i remember seeing two sets listed below in wholesale order form for 2015 but were discontinued in 2014. 

(1) 31013

(2) mixels series 2.

• Like 1

Well here is some fuel for fire. Just got email thatmy order last night for 2 DA has been canceled because demand is greater than expected and no longer available. First 2 of this set i ordered. I bought a good couple hours before it went OOS. Not saying its gonna take longer, its gone.  Anyone else get this. 

coryorder.png

Edited by gregpj
edited out names and order #s .. not sure you really want to advertise that!

Well here is some fuel for fire. Just got email thatmy order last night for 2 DA has been canceled because demand is greater than expected and no longer available. First 2 of this set i ordered. I bought a good couple hours before it went OOS. Not saying its gonna take longer, its gone.  Anyone else get this.

Yep - same thing here, along with the two pteranodon sets I had in the same order. All cancelled, although I haven't received an email about it yet.

As much as Im not a fan of cold oatmeal I think these are gone and am regretting not buying every set I saw. Was focused on RE. I think they will keep making little batches for awhile but will be snapped up as long as they try.  Most profitable line ever. 

Edited by gregpj
fall cleaning!

emazers  said the sets are on the 2016 wholesale order form.

As much as Im not a fan of fossil I think these are gone and am regretting not buying every set I saw. Was focused on RE. I think they will keep making little batches for awhile but will be snapped up as long as they try.  Most profitable line ever. 

• Like 1

I'm not looking to be some self promoting "lego investment guru" with a cult of followers,  I prefer the lone hated wolf status.  That's more my gig.  So, it's ok, I can take it and you don't have to edit their posts when they take their snipes at me.  It's all good.  I have a backbone.

Regardless, let's recap.  - It was evident back in June when I was hunting for these sets for my sons birthday that something was out of the norm.  I hit the trackers on numerous stores from B&N, Target, Walmart, and TRU and found that many stores either didn't have them, or had little stock.  Or they showed no restock date, which isn't normal since most sites like walmart will show restock dates..

The same short shelf life of a movie theme happened to the hobbit BOTFA line in Europe earlier this year, and the signs for another movie theme that would be released about a month before the movie, and then start to fizzle out by the end of the year, were there once we saw RE go to sold out here in the states, and walmart (I think it was WM) in canada declared that they could not get new stock in back in early july. Those early signs were what i'd call "A flag".  Add in that the same thing happened in Australia when they said they couldn't order anymore and wouldn't be getting them, and the writing was on the wall, at that point that continual restocks on a global level were sketchy and this line could have a short shelf life due to either factory issues, or high demand that overmet expectations.  Then of course we saw most of the major sites that usually always have the new sets like amazon, walmart, target, and TRU all deplete quickly.  To compare, most sets in the Star Wars, Scooby, Creator lines etc have not followed these same patterns.  Yes, maybe 1 set has, but an entire theme?  Nope... that hasn't happened like that.

Regardless, who cares.  I"m glad I reloaded over the last few weeks.  About 2 weeks ago, I unexpectedly sold a complete wave for 600.00 because I started to buy into some of the rhetoric from the naysayers and so I listed a complete wave about a month ago, and left it and forgot about it.  However, when that sale hit, I instantly realized, I had to move and reload, at which point I reinvested back into the line again and started buying these again.  Luckily, I did manage to find a good token of sets and received multiple RR's, DA's, PC's and my extra RE's and IR's are on the way before the TOOS sign hit.   I'm sure there will still be more chances to get some of these sets, but like I said, i'm also thinking these sets are going into the nether as the digital movie release comes and goes.   Just makes sense from a marketing point of view, just like it made sense they ousted the BOTFA sets in Europe about a month after that digital release hit.  Those sets have been retired in Europe since.

Edited by fossilrock

My DAs from yesterday are in the warehouse.  I picked up the last 2 IR at Target and one each of T-rex and RR from Meijer using the 10% mperks discount.  Should have some RE in transit soon from backorders on Shop at Home.  Need to check a couple other stores this weekend.

• Like 1

I saw 10 RR at a TRU last night. Going to pick them up today.

Canada, that doesn't count.

Haha,

Photo proof of what Canadian retail locations look like in my area in regards to JW:

IMG_5084.thumb.JPG.79e8c7770235fed84f663

Only thing missing is RE, which this location surprisingly never had, but the one down the street has mountains of.

Edited by Sandwraithx157
  • Like 8