Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

First of all, my apologies to all who've had their posts removed that were casualties of some off-topic and unhealthy posts/debates/whatever. A good fall cleaning was required.

I've cleaned up the last few pages of this thread and I hope we can return to the discussion at hand which is Jurassic World. Any further posts will be deleted and we'll start issuing warnings to specific users, etc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you're not entitled to post rudely or sarcastically, or insulting, or <fill in the blank>.

Thank you, let's continue....

We've let our oldest son who is really into dinosaurs right now play the iOS Jurassic World game (only on weekends, and a few bits here an there during the week as per our TV/gaming policy) but my partner and I are hooked too. I've been given "permission" to battle for him and we load up on coins/food and do time sensitive stuff in the game to help him out. We also just watched Jurassic World as a family and the kids were really upset about the raptors dying (go figure).. to cheer them up, I showed them pictures of the LEGO JW sets. As expected, they want them all but especially Raptor Rampage and Indominus Rex Breakout.

I'm just glad they don't know where my secret stash is.... they're all sitting in a box and waiting for them. :)

• Like 6

Other then the RE what would everyone consider the sweet spot in this collection as far as value:investment?

As far as value; most of these sets are on the pricey side likely due to Dino molds and whatnot. Otherwise i think a few people have already mentioned that IR, RR, RE seem to be the best sellers.

All of the sets should be good flips this holiday season. However IR/RR/RE will probably be the best. IR being the biggest and most expensive, will likely be something the parents wait for Christmas to get their kids. I'm willing to bet this one will be the best performer both short and long-term.

• Like 1

raptor rampage and Indominus Rex 

I totally agree with you, but my oldest wants the Trex set as well but could care less that the vehicle doesn't appear in the film. In reality he wants them all but his order was basically: RR, IRex, DA, TREX, RE, PC. And it was all about the dinosaurs.

I totally agree with you, but my oldest wants the Trex set as well but could care less that the vehicle doesn't appear in the film. In reality he wants them all but his order was basically: RR, IRex, DA, TREX, RE, PC. And it was all about the dinosaurs.

yeah I've built them all and the t-Rex set is so so, the t-Rex is the best part and if your son just wants the Dino's I'd definitely recommend the dilophosaurus ambush set since you get the really cool Dino, a hampster ball, and a very nice jeep. Plus it's only $30 so it's a no brainer :good:

• Like 1

actually, this thread is back on target.  a certain special someone fixed it.

You're a funny guy. ;)

And just for the record, Jurassic World as a movie is so over the top that I liked it. Maybe a tad more killing than I was expecting (I know why they killed the nice park owner, but it's too bad they did). Anyway you slice it, the dinosaurs are beautifully rendered and they sound great too. I don't care if humans have improvised on what they look/sound like, I think it's just about perfect.

• Like 1

I agree.  I realize the movie was popular but I don't think this line needed the tie-in to do well.

Someone correct me but I have noticed on amazon prices for the RR set have actually decreased and have yet to recover to the peak around 80 to 85... RE has increased steadily... IR is back close to its peak of 220??? DA has increased in value.. TREX has been lagging but not by much peak 125... PC I have not paid any attention... By peak value I am using the lowest price offering and not buy box... With these figures I do not see the value in RR...

I agree.  I realize the movie was popular but I don't think this line needed the tie-in to do well.

Totally. Dinosaurs are popular with kids and parents get all nostalgic about their own experiences learning about dinosaurs. For me, the movie tie-in is all about advertising to adults and AFOLs without kids.

Someone correct me but I have noticed on amazon prices for the RR set have actually decreased and have yet to recover to the peak around 80 to 85... RE has increased steadily... IR is back close to its peak of 220??? DA has increased in value.. TREX has been lagging but not by much peak 125... PC I have not paid any attention... By peak value I am using the lowest price offering and not buy box... With these figures I do not see the value in RR...

I'm selling RR for twice my buy-in. That's value to me. 

Something that was exclusive to RR is no longer exclusive as of Sunday.... ;)  Everybody sell!! sell! sell!! :D

Obligatory note: what you do with your inventory as the result of the guess above is entirely your business ;)

• Like 1

I would want them all regardless! Except for the 2 cheapest sets, can careless about those ones. But I would of thought kids would want all 4 raptors as appear in the movie. After all, RE is nothing special but to get the 2 dinos IMO.

In fear of another spoiler, the role the two RR dinosaurs play is more critical at the end of the movie. And Blue is their favorite by far.... Then the IRex of course, and the Dilosophaurus "is just so cool and it comes with a gyrosphere" (in my 8 year old's words). From the S@H pictures, the gyrosphere in the IRex set isn't very visible so it drew his attention. I was surprised too...

Aside from wanting Blue, the rest of the dinosaurs are pretty darn close on the "From a scale of 1-10 which do you want the most?" Blue is a 10, and the rest would fall at 9.9, 9.8, 9.7, etc. :)

Something that was exclusive to RR is no longer exclusive as of Sunday.... ;)  Everybody sell!! sell! sell!! :D

Obligatory note: what you do with your inventory as the result of the guess above is entirely your business ;)

Took me a minute, but there is no way this:

LEGO-JW-Blue-Dims.thumb.png.0ef513cf2656

Compares to this:

LEGO-JW-Blue-RR.thumb.png.39d68d6739c93f

• Like 4