Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

They are clearing tons upon tons of back orders and almost a business day of availability plus I ordered IR from target and Walmart and stopped long before they went out of stock all while it is in the backseat to Star Wars manufacturing

we have no idea the size or scope large or small of what has occurred or what will occur

Look, could be a Shortage for the Holidays on the JW sets, but will be around until the end of 2016 at least. As for the Lego and Walmart Exclusive don't no about that one, as Exclusives are not on the Wholesale 2016 order form.

thank you....... I totally agree with you about the holiday shortage. If you wanna stock up on them great, I think they're awesome sets and Dino ones always do well but if your banking on them disappearing permanently your gonna be disappointed, There are a lot of better near retirement sets to put your money into. Now if you wanna quick flip these while there's a shortage then I don't blame you, there's some decent money to be made if the majority of them remain hard to get until next year. 

Look, could be a Shortage for the Holidays on the JW sets, but will be around until the end of 2016 at least. As for the Lego and Walmart Exclusive don't no about that one, as Exclusives are not on the Wholesale 2016 order form.

unless one has insider information no one can say for certain.

old dino sets were only available in United States 11 Nov 11 - 08 Dec 12 (that's according to brickset). and if i am not mistaken i don't think we saw anything after dec '12. granted that it went for 2 holiday seasons. i could barely find a DINO set around Nov of 2012. most of my accumulation then were around August '12

again dunno TLG strategy and don't have insider information as well ;)

if i have to make an educated guess then this theme will be around at least 2016 august. ( i don't think it will survive 2016 holiday season though. of course depends on their restock in feb/march <=and if SW theme/lineup  does well with the movie boost then this won't even see summer of 2016.). TLG will try to milk successful theme but not to the extent of flooding/killing it completely. they must have learned from Mixels series 3 and 4 debacle and various Chima line up. 

plus if they really had the capacity they could flood the market like exo-suit as well. something is fairly evident that its not as simple. if they could throw 50k Exo-suit in less than 2 months. i don't see why they are not able to bring the same number around oh! yeah have you realized that JW is 6(six) different sets and while Exo-suit was all dark blue gray + green i mean just 84 differnt parts and most of them are easily available in one of the multitude of star-war sets. and none of the parts were unique. or exclusive . while compare that to

A. 21109: 84 different parts. no unique parts. { granted the minifigure torso has the space which can be deemed unique but its considered as a second issue } everything else part-wise were components that are very common.

JW1. 75915 : 89 different parts. 2 unique minifig. 2 unique parts.

JW2. 75916: 108 different parts. 2 unique minifig. 15 unique parts.

JW3. 75917: 125 different parts. 3 unique minifig. 21 unique parts

JW4. 75918: 146 different parts. 3 unique minifig. 16 unique parts

JW5. 75919: 267 different parts. 4 unique minifig. 27 unique parts

JW6. 75920 : 134 different parts, 2 unique minifig 10 unique parts

based on this to me they can easily flood the market with #75915 and this will be available the longest.

others are going to be very difficult to produce and keep cranking while bringing in new stuffs. this line just has way too many unique parts and color of bricks.

Edited by newbie77

thank you....... I totally agree with you about the holiday shortage. If you wanna stock up on them great, I think they're awesome sets and Dino ones always do well but if your banking on them disappearing permanently your gonna be disappointed, There are a lot of better near retirement sets to put your money into. Now if you wanna quick flip these while there's a shortage then I don't blame you, there's some decent money to be made if the majority of them remain hard to get until next year. 

What sets are near retirement and would be better to put my money in than these for a flip before January?

• Like 1

If you need an xmas quick flip look around. Supply and demand. Demand for ALL lego sets will go up, so cast your bets for what will be in short supply. JW has been in and out of stock since after it first came out, looks like a perfect quick flip. I don't think any of the exclusives mentioned above will pop at xmas, pickers have had plenty of time to build their stash and will trickle the sets out when it hits their desired price points.

I'd drop a grand on thanksgiving set (like ToT) if I knew how to do it and not get banned. Same for the upcoming xmas viginettes. It isn't as sexy making 70% returns after fees when you are only pocketing $7 bucks, but it's still 70%.

If you need an xmas quick flip look around. Supply and demand. Demand for ALL lego sets will go up, so cast your bets for what will be in short supply. JW has been in and out of stock since after it first came out, looks like a perfect quick flip. I don't think any of the exclusives mentioned above will pop at xmas, pickers have had plenty of time to build their stash and will trickle the sets out when it hits their desired price points.

I'd drop a grand on thanksgiving set (like ToT) if I knew how to do it and not get banned. Same for the upcoming xmas viginettes. It isn't as sexy making 70% returns after fees when you are only pocketing $7 bucks, but it's still 70%.

tossin' g's at the holiday sets is a very lucrative option.  Just looked up last years Snowman box set which is 20-23 on ebay and $28 on Amazon, nice return on a $5 set.

• Like 1

OK, so that's interesting.

unless one has insider information no one can say for certain.

I think that's exactly what he has. It sounds like Ed is saying the Jurassic sets are on the 2016 Wholesale order form, other than the Raptor Escape.

(also i love that someone actually named Newbie, semi-questioned Ed) :)

On the other hand Newbie77, i very much enjoyed your unique part analysis. Very interesting points.

I think it's a great sign for JW popularity that it's out of stock consistently even after several restocks. I agree that i haven't seen a line behave like this in recent memory. I also think it will stick around into 2015 based on the fact it appears to be selling well.

Edited by gregpj
fall cleaning
  • Like 1

there is definitely some lingering stock to be distributed.

I am guessing we (Canadians) are seeing them now is probably because Walmart Canada did not get their share when this was first released and Lego is just playing catch up to fill the original order. This will explain why we didn't see much of this set in Canada last few months. In the mean time, our American friends were wiping them out when rumours were flying around in June/July.

If this is a new order, doesn't make sense why Walmart USA will not get first dip at the inventory. After all, it's a much bigger market in the US. 

Edited by tacsniper

Well on the JW Sets I am only buying the 75919 set, I have 25 now, and paid $85-100 on all of them will Tru Coupons and VIP Lego Points. I am not paying $130 plus tax for them. I will stick with buying 95% of Exclusives which will bring the big bucks. "Last Warning on the Death Star" If you don't have any, and think its a bad investment, well don't regret another major set that you missed the boat on, and will haunt you forever, like the ones who regret not getting the SSD, The SSD and DS are the 2 sets that will be $1000-1500 and up and the prices will rise pretty fast." I have 56 DS and will be getting 4 more, and I am sure I will be saying I wish I would of gotten more.   Ed

• Like 3

Well on the JW Sets I am only buying the 75919 set, I have 25 now, and paid $85-100 on all of them will Tru Coupons and VIP Lego Points. I am not paying $130 plus tax for them. I will stick with buying 95% of Exclusives which will bring the big bucks. "Last Warning on the Death Star" If you don't have any, and think its a bad investment, well don't regret another major set that you missed the boat on, and will haunt you forever, like the ones who regret not getting the SSD, The SSD and DS are the 2 sets that will be $1000-1500 and up and the prices will rise pretty fast." I have 56 DS and will be getting 4 more, and I am sure I will be saying I wish I would of gotten more.   Ed

do you think that other JURASSIC WORLD sets are weak? 

There are three sets in the line that will bring bigger money down the line. The small sets have been available everywhere for a long time, in large quantities.

Do we have to guess which are? :-)

I'll try:

75917  RR

75918 T-Rex

75919 Indominus 

???

don't forget the 75916 with the gyrosphere

Edited by glucapg

Fossil.........just let these people think JW sets are gonna be available forever, no need to argue.

Some more friendly advice, feel free to ignore, but please don't get pissed about it.

It would really be in your best interest to do so. Let everyone be wrong, and you get to laugh last.

This place should be a place for good-natured ribbing of each other for our theories, but the Jurassic debate is always so nasty.

Why can't we all get rich together on different themes? :)

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 8