Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

Local WM that previously had no JW sets for months got restocked with 29r5 (nothing new). They had a case of RE's as well, still 22r5 though. Reluctantly grabbed them.

At TRU now. Got restock of everyone but RE IRex. Buying 2 RR. Seal codes 29R5. That new?  

I think 30 or 31 is the latest found in LEGO stores, 22 for RE.

So, here's my thoughts heading into September. 

I should have flipped my trexs.  I've seen these pop up in 3 stores now, and I could have bought back all the ones I originally bought if I flipped them when they topped out at 120.  However, i'm glad I didn't flip a single Raptor Escape, Rampage, or IR set, yet!  I have not seen them anywhere, and keep in mind I don't live near any lego B&M store, so I don't have that advantage.  I think Raptor Escape came back for sale a few times now on lego.com, however it's never as "available now" and always is a will ship by x date, which means you may not get any since they are always back ordered.  Regardless... this line is still making things interesting.  I've pretty much moved on investing anything more into this line, but I do check the ebay sales and amazon prices every couple days to see where the winds are blowing.  Right now, I think it's still safe to say that these are very good investments.  What look like really great investments are IR's, the polybag, and raptor rampage.  Raptor escape is stuck in a limbo, but I suspect if Raptor Rampage becomes scarcer it's prices will also rise considerably.  Raptor Rampage and IR now seem a lot harder to come by over the last month.  The cheapest two sets, and Trex are perhaps the easiest.  There was  point early last month that Trex was the hardest to come by... so we shall see how it all pans out over the next two months.  I just have a feeling these all get scarcer going into the new year.  I do think the Dilophosaurus set is also a good one to have a few of as an investment.  Easily a 3x set.

Edited by fossilrock

All you guys that are on Panic Mode all making a mistake, why pay top dollar, and act like the world is ending , these sets are coming, coming back, there will be plenty of these, if you are buying for quick flips well great, but long term investors should stop the panic buying, these sets have a long long way to go. "Now the Raptor Escape is another thing, Only Lego and Walmart no what there Strategy is." As for me I have 15 of the 75919, paid $83-$100, and except for a few Raptor Escape's  the 75919 is the only set that I will be loading up on. Everytime somebody see's sold out on the Lego site right away the sets done, take the Sea Cow, last week Sold Out, its done not coming back, few days later back again and you can buy 5. Sold out does not mean crap.    Ed

• Like 4

All you guys that are on Panic Mode all making a mistake, why pay top dollar, and act like the world is ending , these sets are coming, coming back, there will be plenty of these, if you are buying for quick flips well great, but long term investors should stop the panic buying, these sets have a long long way to go. "Now the Raptor Escape is another thing, Only Lego and Walmart no what there Strategy is." As for me I have 15 of the 75919, paid $83-$100, and except for a few Raptor Escape's  the 75919 is the only set that I will be loading up on. Everytime somebody see's sold out on the Lego site right away the sets done, take the Sea Cow, last week Sold Out, its done not coming back, few days later back again and you can buy 5. Sold out does not mean crap.    Ed

Sold out 9 times out of 10 usually means a set is doing it's final dance to the end.  As i'm showcasing in the star wars availability thread, sets come in then sell out then they might bounce in and out for a few days but they tend to go back to sold out status after a few days.  Tower of Orthanc recently did that dance.  Red 5 is doing it now, and so is the Death Star.  Lesser sets like the Microfighters did a similar move, but not many paid attention.

Also, how is one going to snag these at discount, especially when if they do come back online, they don't even stay in stock longer than a day on most retail sites?  The Jurassic World sets are not behaving like the other lines.  Lego Movie sets are not even comparable.  So, while I respect your opinion that these will be back in force and at steep discounts, logic just sort of says that's not happening and may not happen. Raptor Escape still sits at Sold Out on lego.com.  It's been like that for a few months now, with a small scattering of "OOS will ship at xx date".  IR and RR have been very hard to obtain, unless you are able to sit around all day long online and monitor sites.  And then if it does come back it's gone in 20 minutes.

But, unless a set says "available now" at lego.com, it truly means nothing more than you are hedging your bets on a backorder that may be fulfilled if stock comes back in.  That's how Sea Cow was recently.  It never got to "available now", just hedging on a OOS fulfillment bet.  Personally, i'm glad I bought IR's when I did, because I bought them when they were local and at retail outlets.  I'm glad I bought most sets that way, because I managed to score quite a few of them at B&N with 18% discount coupons.  Back when raise.com used to go at that rate almost consistently.  Doesn't anymore.

who's panicking? Until these do come back strong (if they do) there's money to be made right now. Not big money, but very easy money. when a set is both profitable and currently hard to find, people like to share where & when it's available. I like it when others do that, so I try to do it too when I can. If you are not interested in buying it then don't.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know a lot are wanting these to go away, but as someone that hasn't grabbed any yet and really just wants one of each to build, I hope they come back for at least a little while.  They disappeared really fast around here.

All of these in my area seemed to fly off the shelf without even first touching it they sold out so quickly. I too would like to see at least a couple sets return for a little bit longer but if none do, well then I guess they didn't want my business anyway and there is always something else to pick up instead.

• 3 weeks later...