Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

Speaking of charlotte, i live in rock hill sc, 12 minutes from charlotte and cannot wait for the southpark lego grand opening next weekend.  Hope to somehow meet a few brickpickers there.  Oh and if you guys go friday, could u please leave me one RR and one RE.  And boom, back on topic too:)

And for the record, the concord mills lego store is an absolute nightmare to go on weekends, the traffic is god awful and the steak n shake food is just average, and the toys r us directly across the street keeps low inventory, so us charlotte BPers still have it pretty rough:)  just messing around, not serious at all and no offense meant to anyone either.  

I still think keeping the raptor escapes I purchased and not falling victim to the quick flipping mentality was still a good move.  Yes, I could have been "in for 5 more" on lego.com during that small phase where they were supposed to ship they had a "will ship in 2+ weeks" mark before they went to sold out, but i'm content.  And, yes, there is a risk of being banned by doing that... which then limits my options, since once again, I don't live near 2 lego stores, like you folks from Charlotte. 

Other than that small phase on lego.com, if you don't live near a lego store (which I dont, as the nearest one to me is 5 hours west of me), and all walmarts in a 100 mile radius are wiped clean, then how would one go about collecting more of them if you factor in gas, and driving time?  Please let me know what your strategy would be if you were in my boat? And no, moving to charlotte would not be one of them.

Simple just wait for the supply to catch up with demand....The reason everyone says you are wrong about no major restock coming is you are predicting a first for Lego. Never has a complete series retired in less than 6 months. This being a licensed series I think many think it will be available for at least 1 year if not the more usual 2 year life span...You are stocking up at the beginning of the release holding long term while there will be more available in all retail outlets just parking your money for years while others are able to make a little now and reinvest maybe you are jealous but you are certainly wrong. You will be able to buy all of these but RE at your local walmart into 2016 at least just wait for the supply to catch up with demand...In fact this reseller induced shortage could make these worth less long term when Lego produces a huge amount to stock all the stores that have sold out then they will sit and have a slow increase in value..To think this whole line is done now is foolish optimism. food for thought

True.  I just came back from a few days at Hershey Park and The Hotel Hershey.  Very nice...but there is nothing there...for miles.  I didn't see a Target or Walmart or any major big box store except for an old Kmart.  Some parts of the US just are not close to LEGO products and it is difficult to compete with people who have multiple major retailers in their areas.  

We didn't go inside, but we walked the grounds of Hotel Hershey.  Very nice and we'd like to go back there sometime.

Simple just wait for the supply to catch up with demand....The reason everyone says you are wrong about no major restock coming is you are predicting a first for Lego. Never has a complete series retired in less than 6 months. This being a licensed series I think many think it will be available for at least 1 year if not the more usual 2 year life span...You are stocking up at the beginning of the release holding long term while there will be more available in all retail outlets just parking your money for years while others are able to make a little now and reinvest maybe you are jealous but you are certainly wrong. You will be able to buy all of these but RE at your local walmart into 2016 at least just wait for the supply to catch up with demand...In fact this reseller induced shortage could make these worth less long term when Lego produces a huge amount to stock all the stores that have sold out then they will sit and have a slow increase in value..To think this whole line is done now is foolish optimism. food for thought

I didn't say anything about retirement.  What I did say is that these will probably never meet the demand.  And once again, you are dealing in speculation as "fact".  However, from sets like the recent hobbit, as well as some other movie lines has shown that lego only produces them for so long then they move on.  The battle of the five armies sets did retire in europe about 9 months after they were released.  They just haven't hit that status here in the states yet because the demand hasn't been as solid..  We are currently on month 4 with Jurassic World.  The difference between sets like the Battle of the Five Armies, and Pirates of the Caribbean is Jurassic World was popular and went much faster.

I'm definitely not jealous, and if you can read, you can reread through this thread and see that I have never declared an end game.  I've said numerous times I think Raptor Escape is done, and that there may be minor restocks here and there on other ones, but they won't meet demand.  That seems to still be the case, even as we all wait for the massive restock to happen that never seems to arrive, and is always getting pushed back.  Many here already said we would have a massive restock this month, and that has yet to happen.  Where has it happened?  They are still out of stock online at TRU, Walmart, Target, and Amazon.  Yes, occasionally they come in, but they are gone in weeks.  Also, because you can only make a few bucks and have to deal with the QFSB on places like amazon it is a lot of free time to deal with that crap on amazon.  SO, i'll wait until the reseller count goes further down and prices rise.  

And yes, I stock up on sets and lines I like when I can get them.  Then move on to the next lines.  And I have very little inkling to be a quick flipper… thats just not my style.  I rarely buy more than 3 complete sets in a line, but in this case went over and bought 5 complete sets, and a few extra raptor escapes and trexs. So, i'm not big time, and don't have aspirations to be a big time reseller.. I'm not like many that grab 40 to 50 and tie up a few grand on just one set.  Quit making assumptions about me that is not true. 

Edited by fossilrock

... cannot wait for the southpark lego grand opening next weekend.  Hope to somehow meet a few brickpickers there.  ..

I'm looking forward to it too... but just not sure if I'll get there Friday... or Saturday... or at all - I'm pretty busy on weekends.  If I do go, I was thinking about wearing a BP'er "name tag" (like a small piece of masking tape stuck to my shirt with "kenxxx" written in sharpie on it).

Cant go friday most likely but will hopefully be thereat opening saturday.  The nametag is a good idea.  I was thinking of outing myself in a ridiculous way, maybe something along the lines of being overly loud and belligerent about the lack of harry potter sets or complaining loudly about how much space my 90 deathstars take up after i thought it was retired and asking about their return policy.  

I believe deeply in the george carlin method of keeping people on their toes.    

• Like 3

Cant go friday most likely but will hopefully be thereat opening saturday.  The nametag is a good idea.  I was thinking of outing myself in a ridiculous way, maybe something along the lines of being overly loud and belligerent about the lack of harry potter sets or complaining loudly about how much space my 90 deathstars take up after i thought it was retired and asking about their return policy.  

I believe deeply in the george carlin method of keeping people on their toes.    

Plan to go each day (I took a vacation day from work) but its b.s. that the promo t-shirts are only available in child's sizes so I'm rethinking Friday...imma keep my day off though.

If I do go, I'll be the grown ass man in the kids size shirt.

• Like 3

I dont understand how can somebody think that Raptor Escape or other JW sets are done... just after 3 months? Nonsens... I dont remember a theme with such short life. Maybe the record was 9 months of the Hobitt 3. wave, but this theme was a fail of TLG, primary the 3.wave...

TLG just produced less sets than the demand is, because of the movie boom. Maybe TLG is just careful with producing many sets oriented to movies, after the fail with Hobbit or Lone Ranger. I dont doubt that before Xmas the shops will be flooded by these sets.

I also doubt that this theme is a winner for future... the sets are not good designed (not accurate to the movie), extremely overpriced (compared with Dino and considering the number of dinosaurs in the sets, poor 1-2 pieces, even i the biggest set!) and it is primary the childrens theme. The worst part of the sets is a lack of dinosaurs  - but these sets should be primary about dinosaurs! It is not a castle or pirates theme, where you can accept big building with few figs. But in themes like JW such things are crap (who cares on that stupid buildings and cars, which are useless without dinosaurs).

I dont understand how can somebody think that Raptor Escape or other JW sets are done... just after 3 months? Nonsens... I dont remember a theme with such short life. Maybe the record was 9 months of the Hobitt 3. wave, but this theme was a fail of TLG, primary the 3.wave...

TLG just produced less sets than the demand is, because of the movie boom. Maybe TLG is just careful with producing many sets oriented to movies, after the fail with Hobbit or Lone Ranger. I dont doubt that before Xmas the shops will be flooded by these sets.

I also doubt that this theme is a winner for future... the sets are not good designed (not accurate to the movie), extremely overpriced (compared with Dino and considering the number of dinosaurs in the sets, poor 1-2 pieces, even i the biggest set!) and it is primary the childrens theme. The worst part of the sets is a lack of dinosaurs  - but these sets should be primary about dinosaurs! It is not a castle or pirates theme, where you can accept big building with few figs. But in themes like JW such things are crap (who cares on that stupid buildings and cars, which are useless without dinosaurs).

As far as RE, see 9465. Target exclusive available for 3 months. RE is a Walmart exclusive with the same price point. The rest of JW is not done. I just believe 75920 & 30320 are done.

Edited by dcdfan

I spoke to the UK CS team last night and was told quite bluntly that JW won't be hitting Australian shores again.

On a side note, they did bring up my order history with "you must really love LEGO" so I turned on the charm and deflected the question commenting on her lovely accent.

Couldn't tell her that I have a love of Winter Solider 12 times over.

• Like 2

I know fossilrock has caught a lot of flack for saying RE might be done, but I'm starting to agree with him.  I'm not sure these will ever be restocked.

I don't think he's been taking flack for RE specifically, i think everyone is uncertain about RE. JW line as a whole looks to be getting restocks, but this one still up in the air mostly.

Saw a planogram at b and n and they have all the sets except the RE of course and the small set on order only 3 of each and a pull date of 4/1/16 FYI

I've seen some local WM's with their reset done with and without a RE tag on the shelf, make up your mind you silly set!

Catalog items have as much meaning as sold out status

If one reviews previous catalogs (and yes, you can access these), you will usually find sets that begin to be phased out omitted from the quarterly catalog.   So, if lego were doing a major retail push for the holiday season, why omit obviously one of their strongest sellers from this year, unless of course they are being phased out because they were a short run?  Makes little sense.

I know my little boy loves receiving these catalogs in the mail and scours through them.  Surely, they could have made a 1 page spread, or even a half page dedicated to JW if they were going to be around in mass for the holidays.  But hey, i'm just trying to think about this logically.