Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

So legoland california is one of their largest stores serving one of their largest theme parks.  Wake me up when these are back across all walmarts, targets, and fully in stock at amazon for more than a few hours.  Not when a minor restock of a dozen or so sets hits a store in a metro area of 11 million. 

So legoland california is one of their largest stores serving one of their largest theme parks.  Wake me up when these are back across all walmarts, targets, and fully in stock at amazon for more than a few hours.  Not when a minor restock of a dozen or so sets hits a store in a metro area of 11 million. 

I like your tenacity.

Most men would have admitted they were way wrong at this point.

Carry on, Don Quixote of the Jurassic

• Like 4

I like your tenacity.

Most men would have admitted they were way wrong at this point.

Carry on, Don Quixote of the Jurassic

I'm still waiting on the massive restock to happen that everyone said was going to happen by now.  If you scroll back through these threads, there's quite a few saying that they would surely hit by the middle of this month. Here we are, so where are they?  Until it does...

I'm still waiting on the massive restock to happen that everyone said was going to happen by now.  If you scroll back through these threads, there's quite a few saying that they would surely hit by the middle of this month. Here we are, so where are they?  Until it does...

Let me fill you in on what goes on around here since you are new (ish) to the forums. Members make outrageous predictions that they pass off as fact, then when a certain moderator with the initials SR calls them out and they get all huffy and puffy and cry about how he shouldn't still be a MOD. Moral of the story, only a handful of members (maybe 2 or 3) know what's really going on so don't let the people who "state facts" run your investment strategy.

• Like 1

Every single TRU and Walmart I have been in the last 4 days has whole empty sections with tags for every set that weren't there a week ago. I am sorry you are convinced they are retiring this whole line after 3 months. You are just wrong though man, lol.

Let me fill you in on what goes on around here since you are new (ish) to the forums. Members make outrageous predictions that they pass off as fact, then when a certain moderator with the initials SR calls them out and they get all huffy and puffy and cry about how he shouldn't still be a MOD. Moral of the story, only a handful of members (maybe 2 or 3) know what's really going on so don't let the people who "state facts" run your investment strategy.

Trust me, I don't.  And I think that's why some of them see me as a minor irritant. 

Regardless, i'm still convinced of this line at least doubling, or maybe tripling the investment long term, and have no regrets from spending a couple g's on this line.  Other than that.. i'm done with buying anymore, so if a minor restocks come back (which I think is a possibility) then so be it.  I'm not convinced of a large restock, though.  But,
i'm also not going to waste time quick flipping, and am tired of people suggesting that those of us that hold are clowns if we don't.  When I weigh the costs/time it takes to be a quick flipper, vs what I can make at my job... I think i'll stick with the day job, and continue with lego as a side investment.  Thanks though for the concern to all those shouting the clown label.

I can confirm that the restock we were waiting for at other B&M stores seems to be happening, at least around me - two Targets that have been sold for a long time both had full shelves last night. How long they last, and whether any more are coming....? I am also hoping these disappear - I'm small time but I have 4 complete sets of this line and am excited for Xmas possibilities.

I can confirm that the restock we were waiting for at other B&M stores seems to be happening, at least around me - two Targets that have been sold for a long time both had full shelves last night. How long they last, and whether any more are coming....? I am also hoping these disappear - I'm small time but I have 4 complete sets of this line and am excited for Xmas possibilities.

I think there will be lots of reloading going on.

As "refer to himself in the third person" SR points out, only 2 or 3 people on this site know what's "really going on."  

What's "really going on?"  Some conspiracy, like Legos are made out of people or something?

Michael Jackson IS an alien.  Dang it now a few dudes in black suits and Ray-bans are going to track me down and flash some red lights on my eyeballs :D

• Like 2

2 rocks don't make a right but hey either way JW is a good line.  No one ever said otherwise.  Lots have made good money on this line with big shortages.  Some said it was done entirely.  Think that is the point to be careful of with new investors on the site as well.  During the peak of the shortage saw some people saying they spent there last money on these hoping to make big money because they were going away.  That is what some were trying to say is thats a big what if.  The line has been restocked enough even though not fully that values are coming back to reality.  Still could rebound for xmas though so if you didn't make some money now there is always then and of course after they retire as well for the long term holders.

• Like 4

Or option #3 - stick with my day job, quick-flip, and hold long-term.  Win-win-win.  I just need  to figure out a way to add a few more hours to the day.

That's fine for those of you living in large metro areas and you can hit multiple lego stores, targets, walmarts and tru's in an hour, every day when you choose to.  Not exactly the same for those of us that just have a couple walmarts within a half hour drive, but little else.  We all make lifestyle choices. Some choose to live in large metro markets, and some choose to live away from that.  Honestly, targets, tru's, and lego stores are not just out the door and easy to get in just a quick few minutes.  It's a half day commitment for me to go lego hunting, and so 80% of what I buy is online..  For sets like Trex/ir/rr, that's a little bit possible, because you can snag those online almost on a daily basis ... Although not very desirable at current price points.  For sets like Raptor Escape, I don't have the time for that because they won't be back in my area. 

My strategy is simply, buy the sets when they are mostly available and at a discount and hold them for 2 years.  For Jurassic World, I made the decision to get my desired allotment as early as I could, once I realized how hard they were to find in the stores.  Once I hit it.. I'm content.  Like I said, I make more money doing IT work than I ever could toy flipping.  Plus, the area I live in limits me from being the worlds largest and coolest toy scalper on the planet.

Raven can continue on with his passive agressive snide comments towards me all he wants... but I don't care.  I'm content.