Jurassic World Day was a success.  

10 hrs driving

300 miles

Lots of $$$

30 RE

3 IR atTRU with average $95

2 RR with 2 yet to be picked up

4 TRex yet to be picked up

Drove to town in between 2 mountains and found 17 on shelf. Sorry little Timmy you had your chance.

Are you ready to hit the road again in a couple of weeks? Restock is coming.

The latest batch of RE that was available on US LEGO Shop at Home should tell tell story. Hopefully we will find out what those seal codes are soon. 

how many did you get? :) apparently i missed it :(

from what i heard from other people their orders were back-ordered and they haven't shipped yet. which does mean that there is more coming. question is  is that a new run or just re-allocation of stock from one area to another :)

Edited by newbie77

from what i heard from other people their orders were back-ordered and they haven't shipped yet. which does mean that there is more coming. question is  is that a new run or just re-allocation of stock from one area to another :)

But if that is the case, wouldn't they just leave it simply at "OOS will ship in 30 days"? 

I did t get more as I am holding on 35 sets. Also not sure if that was restock or reallocation. But seeing how fast switched back to sold out and no restock in EU all week I suspect is found inventory from some where 

I'm feeling good about these sets

Pretty much completely gone from retail stores in Australia and there is a chance that there will be no more coming.

Only avenue people have is LEGO Shop at Home as we don't have physical stores and the free shipping threshold of $200 is a hurdle for a lot of buyers.

Edited by JeffProbst

There's not many selling each day on ebay though.  Are people just waiting for them to come back instock . Less than 4 sets per day being sold on ebay in Australia. Unless I am missing something. Some selling for double retail though. Great prices , but low volume .

Availability...

We had a very limited run in regards to the theme. It was mostly looked over by the investors initially (myself included), once the phenomenon caught on the sets were extremely hard to obtain. In the last 4 weeks all I have seen at retail are 2x 75915 (which I grabbed immediately). As Jeff alluded to, we don't have free access to a B&M LEGO store, and LEGO Shop at Home is not widely known in the greater populace, hence why we are able to get away charging a very profitable margin.

• Like 1

Ebay is dead.  I have grudgingly started to give up on ebay, because Amazon is where most of the sales volume is going on.  With that said, the activity on amazon has been furious.  I've been paying attention to it, and it's quite the scene.  Stuff is definitely moving, and prices continue to go up over the past few weeks. 

Ebay is dead.  I have grudgingly started to give up on ebay, because Amazon is where most of the sales volume is going on.  With that said, the activity on amazon has been furious.  I've been paying attention to it, and it's quite the scene.  Stuff is definitely moving, and prices continue to go up over the past few weeks. 

The king is dead...long live the king.

All joking aside, I'm not a big seller on eBay but it's not hard to make money selling Lego there.  The sales volume is fine - it just takes a little while for prices to catch up to Amazon.  There's plenty of opportunity for retired set sellers and QFLL's alike.

• Like 1

My son (he's 7) noticed me packing up some Jurassic World sets yesterday.  "Don't sell these daddy, we need to build them."  I do have all the sets put aside for him, but he doesn't need to know that.

I keep telling him he has to sit through the original "Jurassic Park" before we build any JW sets.  He had me turn it off during our last attempt.

• Like 8

Heh... my 7 year old is the same way.  We were watching the original on TV a couple weeks ago, and he had to keep getting up and leaving the room... he would go back into my office (which still has a long distance view of the TV) and sort of walk back and forth by the doorway, glancing at the TV, but trying not to be seen.  I'd say "Hey Buddy! What's up? Is this a little too scary?"

He'd say, "I'm NOT scared!"

"Then what are you doin' in there?"

"Nothin'. I'm just a little tired, that's all."

Poor guy.  I remember when I was a kid, the scarier the movie the better.  But when I was 7, about the scariest movie I ever saw was "The Birds".  And if I saw a movie where I guy got eaten by a dinosaur, it was probably like One Million Years B.C., and it was so fake and puppet-like, it was laughable, even for a kid.  Movies are just scarier these days.  I've decided I need to be a better dad, and be a little more sensitive... he's just not ready for some things yet.

• Like 2