Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

Some JW sets are selling out online soon after reappearing. The horde is hoarding. And "anything in quotes" isn't the truth-truth, it just has some truthiness to it. :jester:

Yep, i'd say there are only 3 sets worth it right now if you have them - Raptor Escape, Trex, and the Polybag.  Those are the only ones with decent and increasing price increases, and haven't seen a rise in resellers on ebay/amazon because of their increasing scarcity.  The other sets, like RR, and IR are gaining in resellers and the price has dropped.  ...  Not that i'd sell them anyway at the prices any of them are at, but i'm not going to buy anymore, as this set keeps fluctuating back and forth in stock at Amazon, and Target, and probably will see a few more runs at Lego LEGO Shop at Home.  The more IR sets that keep coming in to the market, I think the less chance it has to reach 300 +.

Edited by fossilrock

RR is the "go long" of the set. Everyone here is in love with RE because of its rarity, but RR has the two main characters AND the other two raptors, as well as the motorcycle that plays in cool scenes in the movie

And, specifically "Blue".

blue.jpg

I totally agree by the way, RR is a FAR superior set due to those factors, BUT will potential scarcity of RE trump that?

• Like 2

Not much chat about T-Rex Tracker (75918...which appears to part out well if nothing else) but there are exactly two left in my area...

...and two less after I click "checkout"

Am I reading negativity where there isn't any? Is there a consensus about this one I missed?

**edit - I found the exchanges related to this set. Note to self...search FIRST.    :geek:

Edited by themoose9

So I just found out about 20 minutes ago that my partner let my son watch the Jurassic World video game cutscene movie and he loved it. Ack, thought I could avoid getting these sets for our collection.

The TT LEGO games are usually pretty trivial/boring (to me at least, i know they are huge hits with kids), but the cut-scenes are always amazing. I played through this quickly just to see them all haha.

The TT LEGO games are usually pretty trivial/boring (to me at least, i know they are huge hits with kids), but the cut-scenes are always amazing. I played through this quickly just to see them all haha.

I love the TT Lego games! They are made for kids and they do get repetitive if you play them all...but I find them enjoyable and if you go for 100% in each level, it can be challenging. My favorites were Pirates of the Caribbean and Harry Potter.

So I just found out about 20 minutes ago that my partner let my son watch the Jurassic World video game cutscene movie and he loved it. Ack, thought I could avoid getting these sets for our collection.

Yeah... because "your partner let your son watch the Jurassic World video game cutscene movie and """"he"""" loved it"

Come on you're among friends here, be honest with us... but more important be honest with yourself! YOU loved it ;-)

• Like 1

I love the TT Lego games! They are made for kids and they do get repetitive if you play them all...but I find them enjoyable and if you go for 100% in each level, it can be challenging. My favorites were Pirates of the Caribbean and Harry Potter.

I did go for %100 back when the Star Wars ones came out for sure, after that though you are correct they feel repetitive. I think the downfall for me with the JW game was very few enemies to smack around, and most of the characters punched everything instead of having Sword/Lightsabers/Wands etc.

Dino bits were fun though, and my favourite parts would probably be the Raptors in the cut-scenes and their mischief :3

Yeah... because "your partner let your son watch the Jurassic World video game cutscene movie and """"he"""" loved it"

Come on you're under friends here, be honest with us... but more important be honest with yourself! YOU loved it ;-)

I haven't it watched it _yet_... ;)

PS It's _among friends_ ... I don't talk publicly about anyone I may be "under."

I haven't it watched it _yet_... ;)

PS It's _among friends_ ... I don't talk publicly about anyone I may be "under."

Yeah sorry... wasn't thinkint too much ;-) for Germans that's a "false friend" linguistically

I edited it now ^.^

But you're somewhat "under" friends as your post is "under" *g*

I would love to see Jurassic Park sets (with all these great minifigures we can enjoy in the video game but not in real life... :-( ).

Probably I'd buy all of them! Okay I'm not a big fan of the kids and the lawyer but pretty much everyone else is awesome!

Edited by Locutus001
  • Like 1

Yeah sorry... wasn't thinkint too much ;-) for Germans that's a "false friend" linguistically

I edited it now ^.^

But you're somewhat "under" friends as your post is "under" *g*

I would love to see Jurassic Park sets (with all these great minifigures we can enjoy in the video game but not in real life... :-( ).

Probably I'd buy all of them! Okay I'm not a big fan of the kids and the lawyer but pretty much everyone else is awesome!

Yes, but I still don't publicly talk about it... :jester:

Are you saying you haven't seen any of the sets yet over there?

And, specifically "Blue".

blue.jpg

I totally agree by the way, RR is a FAR superior set due to those factors, BUT will potential scarcity of RE trump that?

I think so - is the Ghost Train, Vampyre Castle or Hearse outperforming The Zombies?  Not by a long shot.  How about Town Hall versus Grand Emporium?  RE is rare, and if it doesn't come back it will far outpace the yields from any of the other sets, other than maybe the poly.

My $.02

Edited by Quacs
  • Like 2

Yes, but I still don't publicly talk about it... :jester:

Are you saying you haven't seen any of the sets yet over there?

No I was talking about Jurassic Park, not Jurassic World ;-)

We got all the Jurassic World sets here as well, but I would really love to see Jurassic Park sets! ;-) But this probably will never happen c'est la vie.

Really though, Raptor Rampage is the only set with Owen or Claire, which seems odd to me.  It's also the only set that has any resemblance to an event in the movie. Spoilers ahead (though I don't know if there is anyone left that hasn't seen this movie) --- Helicoptor made no attempt to "capture" a Pteranadon.  Dilophosaurs set seems like the Newman scene from JP, T Rex Tracker...huh?  maybe JP 2.  Raptor Escape?  Nope..no raptors ever escaped.  IR, I guess you could say it "broke out" but it should really be called "Indominus Rex tricks people then runs really fast to the gate and gets through."

I am just being obtuse here, I think all the sets are great.  The Raptor Rampage is my favorite overall set, but I think these will all do well long term (as well as some short term).  As a matter of fact, if you have the Raptor Escape you should probably sell now.  For below retail.  On ebay.  Only after letting me know what your user name is, of course.

No I was talking about Jurassic Park, not Jurassic World ;-)

We got all the Jurassic World sets here as well, but I would really love to see Jurassic Park sets! ;-) But this probably will never happen c'est la vie.

Ahh, gotcha. I enjoyed Jurassic Park but 2 and 3 were beyond awful. I think LEGO was wise to make Jurassic World sets after the first movie rather than wait for the crappy sequels.