Need some EBay selling advice?

jbacunn

I know that it was posted here before, but I'm little slow and need special explanation please. My sales on eBay really slowed down in last week or so, I read here something about item specific changes, etc etc, what do I need to change to my listings to be visible again? Thanks in advance!

IMG_2892.PNG

Edited by Lordoflego

I don't even have the blue remove links on my postings but whenever I search for my item, for example a Raptor Escape, I type in "lego raptor escape", my item would NOT appear on the list even though all those words were in my post title. It only appears when I type the words in the exact order as I have in my post title. But I notice other seller's listings, which all have different combinations and orders of the words "Lego Raptor Escape Jurassic World 75920", but their listings appear when I type "lego raptor escape". 

I'm losing my mind T_T

I have an item for sale with GSP selected in the listing. Buyer contacts me via message to request a quote for shipping w tracking to Mexico. I go to the "Shipping and payments" tab on my listing and select "Mexico" and see the following:

58921d752af68_Screenshotfrom2017-02-0112-39-33.thumb.png.5be08c5a3580042bbc5e855a1e5fa434.png

What's going on here? Listing has box dimensions and weight, and all is the same as for other listings that have had no issues with GSP. Why is it giving me this message?

Item listing has no international restrictions:

58921de8be1e3_Screenshotfrom2017-02-0112-41-41.png.fdf4ef258fa285e1834f235f0b68b737.png

18 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I have an item for sale with GSP selected in the listing. Buyer contacts me via message to request a quote for shipping w tracking to Mexico. I go to the "Shipping and payments" tab on my listing and select "Mexico" and see the following:

58921d752af68_Screenshotfrom2017-02-0112-39-33.thumb.png.5be08c5a3580042bbc5e855a1e5fa434.png

What's going on here? Listing has box dimensions and weight, and all is the same as for other listings that have had no issues with GSP. Why is it giving me this message?

Item listing has no international restrictions:

58921de8be1e3_Screenshotfrom2017-02-0112-41-41.png.fdf4ef258fa285e1834f235f0b68b737.png

That error is not related to GSP but because you have selected "will ship worldwide" on the option "require buyers to contact you for international shipping costs". This means you need to ship the item, not via GSP.

To get rid of the error there will be an option in the "require buyers to contact for international shipping" which says something like "no other shipping apart from gsp"

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

That error is not related to GSP but because you have selected "will ship worldwide" on the option "require buyers to contact you for international shipping costs". This means you need to ship the item, not via GSP.

To get rid of the error there will be an option in the "require buyers to contact for international shipping" which says something like "no other shipping apart from gsp"

I can remove the "Will Ship Worldwide" option by changing from "Calculated: Cost varies by buyer location" to "No alternative shipping offered". However, after I do this, my listing shows as if it is not being shipped internationally at all. Did EBay change something? I have sold many items via GSP, never an issue. Might have to contact their helpdesk later to figure this out.

Can someone check one of their GSP-enabled listings to see if in the listing itself, if you choose another country (I tried Mexico and UK) in the "Shipping and payments" tab under the pictures, whether it gives a rate or gives a message like the one I got? I'd like to know if others are getting the same issue as I am.

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I can remove the "Will Ship Worldwide" option by changing from "Calculated: Cost varies by buyer location" to "No alternative shipping offered". However, after I do this, my listing shows as if it is not being shipped internationally at all. Did EBay change something? I have sold many items via GSP, never an issue. Might have to contact their helpdesk later to figure this out.

Can someone check one of their GSP-enabled listings to see if in the listing itself, if you choose another country (I tried Mexico and UK) in the "Shipping and payments" tab under the pictures, whether it gives a rate or gives a message like the one I got? I'd like to know if others are getting the same issue as I am.

I get rates for both of those countries.  I also see a logo and text stating "This item will be shipped through the Global...."

9 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I get rates for both of those countries.  I also see a logo and text stating "This item will be shipped through the Global...."

Right, that's how it used to be with my listings too. Now all my listings have the GSP checkbox checked, but show only US shipping (or the previous "contact seller" for those that I haven't switched to "no alternative shipping" yet). I'll have to call EBay.

I know this has probably been discussed several times in the past but what do you guys feel about selling to 0 feedback buyers?

I have been selling on Ebay for 17 years but only really started selling new Lego sets last year.

I just had 2 different BIN's go yesterday to 0 feedback buyers who opened up their account yesterday. I am a little leery on these. Both have been paid by Paypal but they are both over $200 and I don't feel like eating $ when it gets that high.

Also one of the buyers contacted me and gave me his Apt # in the email message because the Paypal address did not have the Apt # listed. Only the street, city state, zip, etc.

What would you guys do?

7 minutes ago, wolvergeek said:

I just had 2 different BIN's go yesterday to 0 feedback buyers who opened up their account yesterday. I am a little leery on these. Both have been paid by Paypal but they are both over $200 and I don't feel like eating $ when it gets that high.

Also one of the buyers contacted me and gave me his Apt # in the email message because the Paypal address did not have the Apt # listed. Only the street, city state, zip, etc.

What would you guys do?

NEVER change the ship-to address in any way. Doing so voids your seller protection - if they file INR you lose, period. Tell them you can either cancel the transaction and they can re-buy when they've got their stuff in order, or you can ship it to the listed address and they can take their chances it gets to the right apartment. Tell them if they don't respond in time for you to make your ship-by window you will cancel. That's just how it is - I usually include boilerplate about how "eBay and PayPal rules require the seller to ship only to the address on the Transaction Details page" blah blah blah.

Otherwise, so long as you're following eBay and PayPal shipping guidelines, if they bought it, you ship it. I ship to 0 feedback buyers both domestic and international all the time and have never had a problem; the only fraud chargebacks I've ever gotten were from high feedback buyers whose accounts were compromised.

Edited by zak001
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, zak001 said:

NEVER change the ship-to address in any way. Tell them you can either cancel the transaction and they can re-buy when they've got their stuff in order, or you can ship it to the listed address and they can take their chances it gets to the right apartment. Tell them if they don't respond in time for you to make your ship-by window you will cancel. That's just how it is - I usually include boilerplate about how "eBay and PayPal rules require the seller to ship only to the address on the Transaction Details page" blah blah blah.

Otherwise, so long as you're following eBay and PayPal shipping guidelines, if they bought it, you ship it. I ship to 0 feedback buyers both domestic and international all the time and have never had a problem; the only fraud chargebacks I've ever gotten were from high feedback buyers whose accounts were compromised.

For something simple like an Apt. #, I would probably just write it on the label after you print it.  Changing the ship to address will eliminate the eBay seller protection, although I'm not sure how eBay views a simple change like this, but I don't want to find out either.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, wolvergeek said:

I know this has probably been discussed several times in the past but what do you guys feel about selling to 0 feedback buyers?

I have been selling on Ebay for 17 years but only really started selling new Lego sets last year.

What would you guys do?

0 feedback buyers worry me a little.  I had 3 in December and all the transactions worked out fine.  At Christmas I chalk it up to parents buying a Lego set that is not longer available on the shelves and they need to get it now.  Hence they use ebay for the first time. 

I like @fuzzy_bricks idea of printing the label as normal and adding the apartment number to the label.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Ok here is one.  I had to cancel a sale. I requested the cancelation and began to wait for the buyers response. Buyer email's me saying they don't know how.  My question is how does the cancelation request appear to the buyer?   Are they contacted through eBay messaging or someother way?  Thank you horde

30 minutes ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

Ok here is one.  I had to cancel a sale. I requested the cancelation and began to wait for the buyers response. Buyer email's me saying they don't know how.  My question is how does the cancelation request appear to the buyer?   Are they contacted through eBay messaging or someother way?  Thank you horde

They will be contacted via eBay messages (and copied to email). They will then have the option to accept the cancellation, they can refuse which is not fun because you pay final value fees even though you don't ship.

3 hours ago, wolvergeek said:

What would you guys do?

FWIW eBay has a "issue with shipping address" cancellation reason for sellers. No need to wait. I've had close to ten of these over the last months. I cancel straight away, then send a message explaining that the only way to do this is to reorder after correcting the address , otherwise we both lose our protection. 

So far none have actually reordered. The address change emails also always come in slightly broken English and often with "I will give good feedback! " added as an incentive.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wolvergeek said:

Thanks for the tips guys.

Is there a thread for Ebay names/addresses of people not to ship to in the case of scams?

If not we should start one that is "members only" to protect us all.

That idea has been tossed around before along with a similar list for Amazon scammers.  The site owners do not want us managing these types of lists.