10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered one more B-Wing today just in case.

Now the question is for $150ish, would it be better to put the money into let's say 2 VCs, 2 Epic Dragon, or 2 Jabba Palace instead?

To hold, I like the B-Wing and Jabba's Palace.  Neither will be redone anytime soon.  B-Wing has the UCS designation, while JP has some phenomenal minifigures, and a very isolated place among the SW lineup with no similarly sized remakes.  It also has Jabba and some great minifigs, and Rancor Pit and Desert Skiff to partner with a couple years after EOL.  Quick back of the napkin on a potential sale in 1-2 years:

Purchase price

JP - $81

RP - $41

DS - $18

Total - $140

Future Bundled Sale Price - $300

I think that's a realistic possibility for a future sale price for these, and frankly there's a good chance these go for more.  Time will tell whether it hits this price or not, but we're still talking about a nice payoff at $300.

• Like 1

I like the future of this set..maybe a year or two from now.

This is what a lot of people here seem to forget. It will take time to appreciate. But they see a set going EOL and if it hasn't shot up in value it's an immediate failure.

The eBay UK price, for auctions, is still below RRP, averaging

Not really but I have a good phone and data plan its just that the mobile site always loads first

Interesting.  My android phone and tablet load mobile version first, BUT once I select full mode they remember as long as I do not shut down/reboot them.   Perhaps there is a setting that can be tweaked on your phone ?