10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've never been to Disneyland, have you. I recall seeing Hogwarts there...  :sorcerer:

I have been to world. Maybe Land has the crazy @#$% I was talking about. Honestly though Disney world doesn't float my boat. 

I have Jabba's Palace all nicely sealed up, but I still think it won't rise in price. I got a few rancor pits and paid $35 for each. I also built the entire set with the desert skiff and now the sail's barge. If you're selling only to North America, you're limiting your profits. A Jabba's palace goes for about $200-$225 in Australia. You are right though, the palace won't be worthless, but it won't rise by too much. Money is better served buying a nice City Cargo train set. :)

I have the three together - I think they are awesome. I want to build the barge - haven't made the commitment yet. But all the jabba sets together are pretty awesome.

Ask yourself and your buddies if they go onto google more or twitter more.

Weird comparison considering who isn't on Twitter tweeting everything in their lives from going to the store or the toilet. Even the Pope is on twitter; now how funny is that? Then there is Google being used as the search engine to find anything like Lego deals and....even more Lego deals. When was the last time anyone used something else such as Ask.com?

I am also a Star Wars fan. My favorite is the Jabba Palace even though it's worthless.

Your favorite Star Wars set is one you think is worthless? :pinch: Well, it seemed to do well over that whole "Muslim Mosque" scenario at the time. Besides, green boobs sell. It worked for Star Trek, didn't it? :lol:

sw406.jpg

• Like 1

One good thing to come out of this is I've been able to add a new person to my ignore list and no longer have to page through their nonsense.

only an immature guy ignores..... if its nonsense to you you might need to rethink a few times.

As for the Bwing stuff.... I will call it a success once/if it hits 400$ ..... because if it would hit i could make average money from it buying it at retail.... if it does not hit 400$ withint reasonable time frame I call it a good passing opportunity... but my views go from retail cos i never seen it on anything less in Europe where I can order.

• Like 1

Weird comparison considering who isn't on Twitter tweeting everything in their lives from going to the store or the toilet. Even the Pope is on twitter; now how funny is that? Then there is Google being used as the search engine to find anything like Lego deals and....even more Lego deals. When was the last time anyone used something else such as Ask.com?

Your favorite Star Wars set is one you think is worthless? :pinch: Well, it seemed to do well over that whole "Muslim Mosque" scenario at the time. Besides, green boobs sell. It worked for Star Trek, didn't it? :lol:

sw406.jpg

Let's skip the twitter and google thing.....:)

As for the Jabba's palace, yes, it's my favorite set, awesome to build, and loads of fun with Rancor. Rancor can be used all over the place. The thing is, my favorite does not mean everyone's favorite. And it doesn't mean the price will go up after it goes EOL.

Let's skip the twitter and google thing.....:)

As for the Jabba's palace, yes, it's my favorite set, awesome to build, and loads of fun with Rancor. Rancor can be used all over the place. The thing is, my favorite does not mean everyone's favorite. And it doesn't mean the price will go up after it goes EOL.

This thread is about the b-wing, not the FB.....

only an immature guy ignores..... if its nonsense to you you might need to rethink a few times.

As for the Bwing stuff.... I will call it a success once/if it hits 400$ ..... because if it would hit i could make average money from it buying it at retail.... if it does not hit 400$ withint reasonable time frame I call it a good passing opportunity... but my views go from retail cos i never seen it on anything less in Europe where I can order.

Those who ignore are plain stupid. It's possible they could miss vital information. They tend to ignore because they don't want to read what they don't want to hear. It's like seeing bad news on TV and turning it off pretending the world is perfect, until it hits them on their front yard.

You're right, if the BWing hits $400, it's a success. People tend to see success based on their own personal buying price. Up here, I can't get a Bwing for less than $209 retail, plus taxes. I was lucky enough to get it before for $130 from ebay, then flip it for a bit under $200. It's a profit on my part, not an investment gain based on the BWing.

It is solipsism to think one's own personal preferences actually matter when it comes to something the size of this market.  As an investor you have to divorce yourself from personal preferences and subjective thinking.  The market believes Fire Brigade is the best Lego set ever and it will preform as such after EOL.  Despite being out four years, despite being bought and cherished by tens of thousands it will be a set that performs as well if not better than other retired modular.  I believe the popularity and widespread appeal scared a lot of investors from hording this set en masse, and that will prove itself out immediately after retirement.

I like the BWing. I have three, bought two half off on May the Fourth.  It will slowly appreciate as a lot of EOL Lego does but it will come nowhere close to the numbers Fire Brigade or some of the EOL Superheroes stuff will show. 

• Like 3

It is solipsism to think one's own personal preferences actually matter when it comes to something the size of this market.  As an investor you have to divorce yourself from personal preferences and subjective thinking.  The market believes Fire Brigade is the best Lego set ever and it will preform as such after EOL.  Despite being out four years, despite being bought and cherished by tens of thousands it will be a set that performs as well if not better than other retired modular.  I believe the popularity and widespread appeal scared a lot of investors from hording this set en masse, and that will prove itself out immediately after retirement.

I like the BWing. I have three, bought two half off on May the Fourth.  It will slowly appreciate as a lot of EOL Lego does but it will come nowhere close to the numbers Fire Brigade or some of the EOL Superheroes stuff will show. 

You are right though, personal preference is different from investment. It's like buying stocks and having a personal attachment rather than moving on to the next big thing.

I never had the chance to get the BWing at half off, if I did, I would've bought 10 and flip them all right now at $150, still way below retail price.

With the FB, that's a different game and some disagreed. The public has more attraction to a fire station than some outer space fighter plane that does not look anything like what's on our planet.

The superheroes, I mentioned in the other one about the Hulk Helicarrier, those who sold or sell now will cry later. We're dealing with Marvel products. Me, being a marvel collector for more than 20 yrs know the game way better than Lego collectors. Making fun of Hulk's brown pants and preferring purple pants will only put the pain onto those who sold too soon. If in fact Lego does not release anymore brown pant hulk, I can see this baby sky rocket. A piece of plastic worth over 100s....it sounds retarded, but it can happen. Marvel products do not sag or rise based on seasons and x'mas shopping. If they do, I don't know how or when because I've never been able to get a fire sale deal on any marvel discontinued/limited edition products so far.

Good sign that these aren't going to appreciate in price anytime soon. Better dig around for the FB or hulk helicarrier instead.

This Hulk wozzit, is it 6868?

The returns between the USA and the rest of the world I think will be markedly different because the USA RRP is so cheap. Seems to have had a short run though.

Went by the LEGO Store last night and they had a whole stack of B-Wings at regular price. Must have been at least 5 or 6. 

Good sign that these aren't going to appreciate in price anytime soon. Better dig around for the FB or hulk helicarrier instead.

This honestly doesn't mean a whole lot. Stuff sits in some Lego stores - especially mine. They still have clearanced Orc Forges. I am going down on Saturday and honestly wouldn't be surprised to find Fire Brigades and Architecture Studios.

that is pure insanity.......I'm sure the 6868 can still be found in some shelves of retail stores. Oh well, we could take this discussion to the other thread rather than upsetting the BWing group here.

Why leave now? You have been upsetting people for 2 days in this thread. Lol

• Like 3

that is pure insanity.......I'm sure the 6868 can still be found in some shelves of retail stores. Oh well, we could take this discussion to the other thread rather than upsetting the BWing group here.

:)

Well it made a change from all the FB chat on here :P

I have a B Wing and a FB so I am happy either way.

:)

Well it made a change from all the FB chat on here :P

I have a B Wing and a FB so I am happy either way.

Same here, I have both. Don't know why people think I hate the BWing. I've been talking about 'investment', not like or dislike, and people start getting anxious, probably because they made the wrong purchase and are holding the bag now.