10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10227's retail life is only 1 yr.  It is by far the least produced UCS Lego set around.  i sure hope it's short lifespan helps increase some demand in the secondary market. 

I think the lack of minifigures and the short lifespan helped curb the purchasing of this unit from many buyers.  I think it was mostly purchased by collectors and resellers.  Now all we need is the demand of the new collectors to exceed the inventory of the resellers, and we'll have another huge uptick. I bet this is a 500.00 item next Christmas or the one after.  

• Like 1

Recent Avg price sold on eBay for 10227 is about $175-180 with shipping. It is well above the avg of $150 last June / July.

So that nets the seller about 135 after fees.  Hope they got it for 107 in May..and the 30 bucks was worth all their time and trouble.  Hoping for 250 next Nov.  They take up too much room!  Couldn't sell them for a year anyways...the 10 I have  are on the bottom row making the  foundation for my lego Jenga in our spare bedroom!

Recent Avg price sold on eBay for 10227 is about $175-180 with shipping. It is well above the avg of $150 last June / July.

Though it wasn't the rebound I was looking for in the B-Wing, I'm surprised it's gotten up to $175+, since TRU had a bundle going on with Gold Leader's Y-Wing a little while ago. Feeling pretty optimistic about the set! :D

Does it bother anyone that it doesn't go retiring soon, then retired?

A little, but if LEGO put the retiring soon tag on every set, we wouldn't have anything to talk about! ;)

• Like 1

So that nets the seller about 135 after fees. Hope they got it for 107 in May..and the 30 bucks was worth all their time and trouble. Hoping for 250 next Nov. They take up too much room! Couldn't sell them for a year anyways...the 10 I have are on the bottom row making the foundation for my lego Jenga in our spare bedroom!

I sell on bricklink before eBay. Far less fees. Yes, I know. Less visitors than eBay.

Those boxes are too big!

When I bought mine, I knew it would take 2-3 years min for a nice profit after retirement( regardless if the $99 price). The best time to sell prob will be Dec 2015 when the movie arrives. Gotta hope the short life helps.

Guest TabbyBoy

10227 is sold out, not retired in the UK so, it may yet reappear.  I called LEGO Shop at Home and they said that they "think" more will be available next week.

It could also be a dead duck and lose money like the 10215.

That could be a possible outcome. The 10215 was heavily discounted before it EOL, so the B-wing is no different. The B-wing was sold at 50% off in the USA and then other retailers sold it at about $150 for the rest of its lifespan.

It could also be a dead duck and lose money like the 10215.

never will happen.  10215 never had demand.  10227 had demand but was priced too high due to the type of elements used.

additionally, most star wars fans never compare anything pre-equal to original.  like the 4th indy jones movie, lucas fumbled star wars episodes 1-3.  original trilogy lego sets "should" always have more buyer demand than pre-equal sets due to the avg 30 year old plus fan.  the majority of older star wars fans (including myself) avoid 95% of pre-equal items.  the 5% is vader-related items from ep3.

Guest TabbyBoy

never will happen.  10215 never had demand.  10227 had demand but was priced too high due to the type of elements used.

additionally, most star wars fans never compare anything pre-equal to original.  like the 4th indy jones movie, lucas fumbled star wars episodes 1-3.  original trilogy lego sets "should" always have more buyer demand than pre-equal sets due to the avg 30 year old plus fan.  the majority of older star wars fans (including myself) avoid 95% of pre-equal items.  the 5% is vader-related items from ep3.

I agree, I thought episodes I, II, III were crap.  Original trilogy is where the money is at.

I agree, I thought episodes I, II, III were crap.  Original trilogy is where the money is at.

True, but I think JJ Abrams is going to blow people's minds with the new versions.  I love his STAR TREK movies.  He was true to the originals and gave the new versions a touch of class not found in earlier versions.

• Like 2

True, but I think JJ Abrams is going to blow people's minds with the new versions.  I love his STAR TREK movies.  He was true to the originals and gave the new versions a touch of class not found in earlier versions.

I didnt really like Star Trek a ton. Action and everything was good but movies lack character development. No one takes the time to make the viewer understand the characters internally from a deep level. For me to love a movie I have to feel like I absolutely know the characters inside and out.

I do think he will do a good job though.

As long as they don't bring in m knight sham-alama-ding-dong to finish the ending where Luke and chewy make out, Han Solo is actually a woman but leis is ok with that, and the movie just ends while the main character is asleep with some vaugue reference to a resource that makes up 78% of our air killing aliens when splashed on them (I am looking at you Signs...)