bulk lots?

calmdahn

• 6 years later...

I just see a labor of love.  A sick part of me just likes sorting out a bulk lot.  Even if you can identify some valuable sets, it's never worth the effort.  I recently did a Star Wars lot that my sister found in a garbage bin.  This mother was just trowing it out.  All the figs were there and most of the parts.  I kinda got excited and offered her a $100 for the lot.  I had a lot of the missing parts and I then brick linked the rest.  Straight dollars I made out, but time wise I lost.

I'm actually in the process of putting all my kid's Lego back into sets so they will have for their kids or to rediscover some day.  Most of the sets are mostly built so it's not totally from scratch, but it's a ton of work.  "If" I valued my time I would be better off just buying them completed sets off Ebay 😛

• Like 1

60lbs for $250 is not bad, especially if it's older sets that don't look like a rainbow unicorn threw up. It's a lot of work but I love the old castle stuff...

Anyway, it looks like this chess set is there: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=853373-1#T=P

The red horse is from set 70402 and I see the dragon from 70403.

Edited by BrickLover80
  • Like 1

Unless you like sorting I'd offer $100.  But that's me.  I hate sorting.  Even small batches can take hours.  I did this just recently with my own LotR sets that were split up in bins.  Even if you find a few gems in there most likely your time will be worth more than the $250.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I don’t ever buy bulk anymore and rarely even see anything worthwhile in my area. Asking $250 for 60 pounds from 1990’s - 2016. I see some old castle and Scooby anything jump out at you?

IMG_2369.png

IMG_2371.png

oh man I am tired just imagining the sorting process. Just say no!

• Haha 1