10240 - UCS: Red Five X-wing Starfighter

Mos_Eisley

How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?

• 2 to 5
    • 6 to 10
    • 11+
    • ZERO

This poll is closed to new votes

LOL that sounds like an Ed Mack quote from the Town Hall thread.

Of course on this one he said he has no special knowledge.

As for its fate we shall see Grasshopper.

actually Ed's unusually explicit admonition below is what got my buying of this set into higher gear.

if Ed's suggests you buy one now, why not buy 10 now?

i'm sure i'm not the only brickpicker who pays attention to his advice and acts accordingly.

Once again...if you want a Red 5 and don't have one, I would suggest you buy one now.

its not like he loves this set - quite the opposite - 

Not really impressed. Designed for the new fan and consumer. Will it affect the old UCS set value...probably. LEGO has so many options for UCS sets and to redo an X-Wing is about making money. I can't blame them, I'm just not too happy about another remake. Lame IMO.

he's just trying to help out the regular collector who wants 1 to build so pay attention regular collectors who want one to build.

Edited by cladner

actually Ed's unusually explicit admonition below is what got my buying of this set into higher gear.

i'm sure i'm not the only brickpicker who pays attention to and acts accordingly.

Yep I was at 1 and now at 10.

Target went from 230 last Wednesday to 0 today.

Guesses on how many toys r us has?

I am thinking 400 as guess.

if i remember correctly, you also need to space your orders out or target (like amazon) will still combine diff orders when shipping.

Exactly.  This happened when I ordered my two WVM's last week.  I spaced the two orders out about 4 hours from each other.  Before I placed my second order I checked the status of the first order and since it said preparing for shipment I thought that it was too far along to combine.  Nope.  They combined it and I'm not too pleased.  We will see how f'd up my sets are on Wednesday.

This was on Amazon by the way, not Target.

Edited by legodelorean

same here. i just checked my dec 9 ordered (that was the last time it happened to me).

an order had 3 ToOs and another from the same day had 1 WMV.  1 ToO shipped with the WMV.

Exactly.  This happened when I ordered my two WVM's last week.  I spaced the two orders out about 4 hours from each other.  Before I placed my second order I checked the status of the first order and since it said preparing for shipment I thought that it was too far along to combine.  Nope.  They combined it and I'm not too pleased.  We will see how f'd up my sets are on Wednesday.

i'm sure i'm not the only brickpicker who pays attention to his advice and acts accordingly.

its not like he loves this set - quite the opposite - 

he's just trying to help out the regular collector who wants 1 to build so pay attention regular collectors who want one to build.

I like the set, but don't love it.  I really think the box is small and looks like a regular STAR WARS set. The model itself is top notch, as was the original.  But to me, it's the whole package.  I don't think the Dead 5 will reach the levels of the 7191, especially since there will probably be another X-Wing version at some point that includes the offset wings of the new movie version, but the new movies will help most STAR WARS sets regardless.

I like the set, but don't love it.  I really think the box is small and looks like a regular STAR WARS set. The model itself is top notch, as was the original.  But to me, it's the whole package.  I don't think the Dead 5 will reach the levels of the 7191, especially since there will probably be another X-Wing version at some point that includes the offset wings of the new movie version, but the new movies will help most STAR WARS sets regardless.

Dead 5?

That's not very cryptic this time :)

Wow.  I had planned on acquiring some more of these slowly over the next couple of weeks from Target, then I log on tonight and see that it's too late.  Oh well, on to the next item to stock up on.  I wasn't planning on loading up - not a ton of confidence that this will soar other than the fact that it had seemed to have been a bit under the radar.

FYI - I just used "chat" with TRU and they said they have about 250 in stock.

Chris wow.

I chatted with them twice and called in twice over the last two weeks and they would say they do not have access to this information.

This person must have been honest?

I'm going to jump in for another 4.  I don't know why.

• Like 1