Brickpicker Raffle Fundraiser for a Great Cause!!

Ed Mack

Even though this anonymous supporter guy has a very strange name, he is very generous...

Looks like the 2 of you almost raised 10% of the total amount needed, a great accomplishment by itself! And still 2 weeks to go! Sending out positive vibes :thumbsu:

Edited by SlashMcGee

On 19/1/2016 at 9:25 PM, gregpj said:

Ed's going to have to read the threads about safely packing and shipping sets. :)

On 19/1/2016 at 9:29 PM, Ed Mack said:

Sorry, what is OS? I said I would ship anywhere.

Yea, I meant overseas. Somehow I missed that info, but thx. 

Ed,

Sorry if you have discussed before, but I assume there are other fundraising efforts outside of this one?  How close is the school toward the $200,000?  

Just interested because I am in the education field. 

We are making progress. I feel good about it but we still have a long way to go. Another very generous family with a wonderful restaurant is having a dinner at the school and is giving 100% of the proceeds to the school. It's this Friday. Hopefully the snow holds off in NJ. A blizzard is coming.

The St. Paul PTA does a great job. They raised $290,000 last year to keep the school open. That was before we got there. But as you well know, with each passing year it's gets tougher to squeeze money from people. The school is over 100 years old and has a great history, but enrollment is down due to the economy. We not only have to raise money but enrollment as well. We pay $4300.00 a year for an elite school and that is cheap in my opinion. We were spending $8000.00 for an average franchise preschool. The Diocese forces the school to keep tuition low.

There are a lot of politics as you probably know and that really sucks because the kids and families get stressed out as well as the teachers. This should not be an issue with going to school. Sure, I could send my son to the average local public school system, where he would get lost in the shuffle and be another brick in the wall, but I would rather send him to a place where they know your name and let a kid excel.

With the help from our generous members, I am hoping to raise more money for the school than anyone ever has and help put a huge dent in the deficit. I am getting my packaging materials ready to ship out the sets to the winners. Of course, some of the mystery bundles are still up in the air. I am willing to work with the winners of those raffles to cater to their likes. Everything is negotiable, but people have to win it first to work a deal. Thanks for your question.

• Like 1

I'm not a power user yet (as I just haven't had the time), but I *just* found out about this. I'd seen the banner a few times but it just didn't catch my attention as it seemed like random publicity... Also not a fan of the vid used for the raising of the funds, but it's *definitely* something that everyone using this site should do. BP is a great site even for lite users.... I'd simply suggest to Ed that the banner be more attractive and focused on the raffle.. and Lego. Idk, different colors maybe?

I'm definitely in. Good luck!

- David

• Like 2

I'm not a power user yet (as I just haven't had the time), but I *just* found out about this. I'd seen the banner a few times but it just didn't catch my attention as it seemed like random publicity... Also not a fan of the vid used for the raising of the funds, but it's *definitely* something that everyone using this site should do. BP is a great site even for lite users.... I'd simply suggest to Ed that the banner be more attractive and focused on the raffle.. and Lego. Idk, different colors maybe?

I'm definitely in. Good luck!

- David

We have several banners. One like my signature. We will make one more change in the last week to push it. The video was from last year when they raised $290,000, so who is to argue with success.? Bottom line is that I'm asking for your help and you can win some kick ass sets.

28 minutes ago, Lawpepperdine said:

Finally got my donation in.  Sorry for the delay.  Been meaning to for a while now.  The badges all the donators had were a nice reminder (not that you haven't done an excellent job posting it everywhere).

Thank you for your generous donation.  

• Like 1

Only my third post on these forums, and just wanted to commend you on your effort.  Just bought my tickets last night, which makes me supporter #426.  However much you raise, I think what you guys are doing is awesome!  I remember when we had to raise money for our school every year, my mother would go around and sell cookies to her colleagues at work so that we wouldn't have to do it ourselves in our neighborhood.  And she did this every year for 12 years!

Hopefully, everyone is procrastinating like me.  Best of luck!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, meiamfan said:

Only my third post on these forums, and just wanted to commend you on your effort.  Just bought my tickets last night, which makes me supporter #426.  However much you raise, I think what you guys are doing is awesome!  I remember when we had to raise money for our school every year, my mother would go around and sell cookies to her colleagues at work so that we wouldn't have to do it ourselves in our neighborhood.  And she did this every year for 12 years!

Hopefully, everyone is procrastinating like me.  Best of luck!

Thanks...Knowing members on this site, there are quite a few procrastinators.  LOL

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BrickU said:

Ed-  I'm not sure if you know about this or not but Amazon will donate  0.5% all all sales one accumulates with http://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/ch/about

I think that Target & Kroger may do this as well........

Yes...They are registering right now for Amazon Smile.  It takes several months to be approved.  Target is ending their program.  They used to be part of it.  Thanks.