75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

I'm not sure how exactly, but somehow the Disney Castle disappearing off the LEGO Shop at Home front page and going TOOS has to be involved. It's not even listed in the top-25 daily sellers either.....And yesterday my FB advertised a Disney Death Star t-shirt

Disney is just screwing with me this week.

Early access sets don´t appear in the top seller list. Maybe they had another packaging/distribution issue. Maybe Lepin sent them a cease and desist to stop selling THEIR design.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

I haven't physically seen anything but the 4,016 pieces is correct. 

Just curious...

The ONLY pictures that look real are the ones from the box. The others all look like photoshops gone bad.

- The VIP one .. totally photoshopped but the picture itself is not 10188.
- The non-VIP, but of the flat front .. this one is really hard to tell. I know everything is crooked, but all of the new UCS branded sets have the gold stripe at the bottom. The stripe is at an angle in the picture.
- The box picture .. looks legit. But here's where it gets interesting .. LEGO does not use those kinds of boxes for the factory outer boxes. All of their factory outer boxes flaps open on the top. There is also too much space at the edges... unless the factory boxes weren't ready for the early to-the-store shipments.

Just now, gregpj said:

Just curious...

The ONLY pictures that look real are the ones from the box. The others all look like photoshops gone bad.

- The VIP one .. totally photoshopped but the picture itself is not 10188.
- The non-VIP, but of the flat front .. this one is really hard to tell. I know everything is crooked, but all of the new UCS branded sets have the gold stripe at the bottom. The stripe is at an angle in the picture.
- The box picture .. looks legit. But here's where it gets interesting .. LEGO does not use those kinds of boxes for the factory outer boxes. All of their factory outer boxes flaps open on the top. There is also too much space at the edges... unless the factory boxes weren't ready for the early to-the-store shipments.

1 - Where is this even from? Is it from a LEGO Store, that's the only possible place it could be taken.

2 - That is the front of the instruction manual that I edited to change the borders, get rid of all the language crap and LEGO.com link, but then someone posted a separate/higher-res image of the manual, not the one I had seen, and posted it somewhere else. 

3 - It's real, so what if LEGO used a different box, boxes open like that? Too much space? That's like an inch from the opening flaps?

Just now, CM4Sci said:

1 - Where is this even from? Is it from a LEGO Store, that's the only possible place it could be taken.

2 - That is the front of the instruction manual that I edited to change the borders, get rid of all the language crap and LEGO.com link, but then someone posted a separate/higher-res image of the manual, not the one I had seen, and posted it somewhere else. 

3 - It's real, so what if LEGO used a different box, boxes open like that? Too much space? That's like an inch from the opening flaps?

1. I have no idea, but it's a really bad photoshop and the designer who made it (if it's a real VIP advert) should be fired along with the 75159 design team.

2. Sure - what I said was that it had the right "parts" according to other recent UCS sets and even if things looked crooked the stripe was crooked as well.

3. LEGO only ships to end-consumers in the those kinds of boxes. Retail stores all get in tight fitting outer boxes. So what I'm saying is that the source of the box/picture is interesting.

And regardless of legit or not, the persons who came up with the box art should also be fired...

- The glow of the explosion is on the WRONG side of DS. Since the explosion is clearly behind it, you ought not see a glow on the bricks.
- Luke never shoots his blaster at the trash compactor door. This is a pretty serious blunder IMO!

I will say that one big improvement does appear to be the laser beam. Those dang 1x1 trans yellow cones always get knocked off. The 2x2 into 1x1 looks much more stout.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

How come they didn't just take a photo of the entire set.
Why just the right corner?
The Photographer must be a peeping Tom.

Probably because the person who took it could be a LEGO Store Employee / Manager and could be fired if caught? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

I here what the MODS say about Lego sending removal requests but these guys have it as front page news so it makes you wonder as surely if this was real they would be hunting down pics.

http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/

Did you guys notice the 10179 MF
5179 pcs.
Pretty damn good box art!

Edited by Miami Bomb Squad