75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Maybe it's just me...But FIVE hundred dollars sounds a lot more the four hundred dollars.  I work out in the sun all day, so my brain cells are probably being exposed to too much radiation.

Anyway the unchanging RRP is a US feature. LEGO was increasing the price of 10188 multiple times in the EU. There might not be such a difference on this side of the sea.

3 minutes ago, inversion said:

Anyway the unchanging RRP is a US feature. LEGO was increasing the price of 10188 multiple times in the EU. There might not be such a difference on this side of the sea.

The GBP price will definitely be higher than 275 (+-320 euros) and I guess 450 euros would be the very cheapest they would offer it for, 500 in the "taxed" countries.

38 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

Besides trolling, is there an actual point to this post?

Trolling? 

Hardly. 

Every time I refresh there are multiple new pages and literally dozens of new replies...most of which are expressing pains from the nether regions. Better?

I literally can't keep up. 

And for the record I'm personally holding more than a couple 88's

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The GBP price will definitely be higher than 275 (+-320 euros) and I guess 450 euros would be the very cheapest they would offer it for, 500 in the "taxed" countries.

Well I fancy £400 + punishment amount for voting out charge.

13 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Switched at Birth?  Wife watches/watched that, not sure it's still on.

You are correct!

Show is on hiatus since 2015. It is supposed to comeback for a final season on 2017, who knows. First season was good then started to get worse and worse. I liked it because of the sign language. There was an entirely silent episode once.  

2 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

After looking at the pictures again, it does look like a fake or a terrible job.  Maybe the reason the LEGO legal team is not pestering people to remove the images is because they are not the images.

Well post them again perhaps and see the reaction

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

After looking at the pictures again, it does look like a fake or a terrible job.  Maybe the reason the LEGO legal team is not pestering people to remove the images is because they are not the images.

I agree with you - they don't look real anymore. Although they certainly seemed legit yesterday (maybe we are all just losing our minds).

• Like 2

I'm not sure how exactly, but somehow the Disney Castle disappearing off the LEGO Shop at Home front page and going TOOS has to be involved. It's not even listed in the top-25 daily sellers either.....And yesterday my FB advertised a Disney Death Star t-shirt

Disney is just screwing with me this week.

I will say this.

If this whole thing turns out to be a hoax, and all of you are being honest saying you have zero or only one of the 10188, the sky is the limit for this set. Especially now that the purge has begun.

If I'm wrong, and all of this is true, I'll suck it up, admit I was in denial, and sell for a loss.

• Like 1