75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Like this what? It doesn't angle up? Where did I say i believe somebody or I don't? I don't care till Lego releases the official pic so "like this" nothing. Period.

wut? ur misunderstood. I like the I bought, I build, I am broke. sorry for the misunderstandiung

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shortyz said:

disney wanted their logo on this box for eternity. I think the real reason for this is lego didnt have time before rogue 1 came out to design something new... this was the only choice.

I like this theory. Lots of pressure from Disney. Questions like, "Wait, you have an insanely popular Death Star set and it's out of print? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!" 

Edited by pzyluke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

The only thing that would make that even more spectacular is if that was constructed out of brick separators. 

It also needs a stand to properly display it and an informational plaque. If it had those two things I would be the first one to put one on my mantle for all to enjoy. What a conversation piece!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Average Guy said:

75159 is to 10188 as Episode 7 is to Episode 4,  a slightly  altered remake just for the revenue.

i'm sorry.  there was at least effort in making ep 7.  75159 is to 10188 as 10249 (toy shop) was to 10199 (toy shop).

i can't find the post i made last nov or dec asking why lego just don't put updated minifigs in newly made 10188 boxes.  essentially, did that but could have just saved cash and put stickers on the 10188 boxes for the new minifigs.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jaisonline said:

i'm sorry.  there was at least effort in making ep 7.  75159 is to 10188 as 10249 (toy shop) was to 10199 (toy shop).

i can't find the post i made last nov or dec asking why lego just don't put updated minifigs in newly made 10188 boxes.  essentially, did that but could have just saved the cash and put stickers on the 10188 boxes for the new minifigs.

So it was you who gave them the idea!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Average Guy said:

75159 is to 10188 as Episode 7 is to Episode 4,  a slightly  altered remake just for the revenue.

I think your comparison gives too much credit to 75159...

I actually enjoyed episode 7 and while parallel to 4 it was something of its own.

A better statement would be 75159 is to 10188 like a blue ray edition with a few extra scenes to a dvd edition (insert any movie here). 

2 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

i can't find the post i made last nov or dec asking why lego just don't put updated minifigs in newly made 10188 boxes.  eseentially, did that but could have just saved the cash and put stickers on the 10188 boxes for the new minifigs.

Nope nope nope..  You see, 75159 is part of ULTIMATE COLLECTOR SERIES and also DISNEY.  Those 2 stamps commanded a $75 mark up (+$25 for inflation).  

Also, the AFOL community has been moaning about stickers in expensive sets, for once LEGO listened to them and did not put some cheap a** stickers on the box of 10188

:drag:

• Like 1