75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 2 weeks later...

I think the one that looks fake is just a graphical representation of the box. Maybe it is some type of promo literature. The angle picture is very clearly of a box you can see the light reflecting off it and everything. I have no stock pile of 10188 so I have no reason II hope one way or another.

30 minutes ago, Rimmit said:

I think this forum is currently floating down the river of De-Nile.

Whether the box is fake or not, 75159 is a remake, based on every source out there, with proven reliability.

We've now hit collective group think stages of grief - an the group is thinking itself into a state of denial. 

Regardless, that one photo looks like the instructions booklet.  I think this is legit. I've already made it to the beautiful land of acceptance where everyones lego dreams go to die.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 3

That photo proves a few things.  The Death Star Trooper (the guy with the funny large dome hat) is in this years advent calendar, so he's not exclusive.  Vader, the guards, and emperor look like the same from jedi duel (not exclusive), chewy ain't exclusive either.  Luke looks like the same from cantina and sandcrawler - not exclusive.  The only thing that looks somewhat exclusive is the new leia, the luke and han stormtrooper heads, and the new tarkin.  BLAH!.

4 minutes ago, MathBuilder said:

I think one of the pics (maybe the one people don't think is real) is actually the cover of an instruction manual. 

I think you're right and the marker was maybe a message to someone when building for the display. Either way it looks terrible.

Just now, dcdfan said:

I think you're right and the marker was maybe a message to someone when building for the display. Either way it looks terrible.

I edited the marker in there because I thought people would get suspicious there was no UCS sticker. Then someone went ahead and posted the manual at a higher-res anyway so.. -shrug- 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Do you even know what trolling is or is that just a generic way to attempt to insult someone?

No, I wasn't trying to insult you--I legitimately couldn't tell whether or not you were being serious because the Star Wars logo in that style has been used on most (if not all) of the UCS SW sets.

• Like 1

No, I wasn't trying to insult you--I legitimately couldn't tell whether or not you were being serious because the Star Wars logo in that style has been used on most (if not all) of the UCS SW sets.

Yeah, I was checking all the designs right before and also made the mistake of checking Ewok Village which doesn't have it.
  • Like 1

I do feel bad for the people that invested in 10188 because frankly if I had some stored away like some of you gents do I'd be p!ssed as well but I currently don't have one so I like it! I do admit that it is strange how similar they made this one to the old one but after AOH I'm not hugely surprised. The amount of minifigures that came with the old one was definitely one of its most appealing features and the new ones surely don't disappoint! I regretted not getting a 10188 for me so I'll definitely pick one up! Feel free to start to stone throwing. ;) 

• Like 1

I'm still going to wait for the official picture. It looks like a Lego box, but am in disbelief that Lego would be that cheesy and rehash the exact same set in a new box and have the nerve to add $100 to the asking price. If it's real I think it will be a while before I buy a Lego set for retail price.