75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I really wish this to be a ruse by LEGO to stave off the copycats and find the source of the leaks. Not because I'm sitting on a squadron of 10188s (i'm not) but because I can only imagine the fun currently being had at TLG if it were true.

They are having plenty of fun watching the resellers squirm I assure you. 

• Like 2

Anyway, Lego is too much hoarded. People having 0 interest in the brick are investing in it. I mean 0 interest. never poped a seal,. never did a UCS. never did ****. That's why its all about buy in price now. They will always be good opportunities, but harder work maybe. 

For me, investing in some exclusif...is not worth it. I prefer 50% or more discount on regular sets. I.  But not very likely to be found easely.... I mean i can have a tumbler for 350$CDN now, it's only a 80$ profits.. on 229+Tx...   Even at 400$ on ebay.. minus fees... about 80$ profits. on 265$ here with taxes.... don't have that time to lose. I like doubling my cash by doing MSRP price + or - so i can get double cash in­

And was is lego suposed to do with remakes? I would be shocked if they arent doing the UCS falcon soon. The thing is 5000$.  It will sales has hot cakes, has nobody own them(well almost everyone i know don'T have one) I am pretty sure lego receive on a daily base email for a UCS falcon to be re-release. those are classic, and they cannot miss that opportunity in my opinion. Why? Because fans wants it.

Edited by TargetZero

8 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I really wish this to be a ruse by LEGO to stave off the copycats and find the source of the leaks. Not because I'm sitting on a squadron of 10188s (i'm not) but because I can only imagine the fun currently being had at TLG if it were true.

I think it's an elaborate ruse by emazers to get rid of the competition:lol:

• Like 1

So it appears that the extra 200 pieces are a TIE Fighter.  There is a new leaked picture circulating and it's got a TIE flying through the picture on the front of the box.

Similar to this but less pieces...

8017-1.jpg

Here is a link to a file on my personal Google Drive. That looks very similar.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B78ajDjb2desbFdfYWx0SXpLb2s/view?usp=drivesdk

14 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:
I find it very hard to believe TLG would simply redo the old version by changing the minifigs and adding a tie fighter. I'm not buying it.

It looks fake to me.

I hope you're right. I don't own either version (don't like 10188 at all), so I have my fingers crossed its like the new Disney Castle (both display & play).

A few observations of the leaked pics.

Front: I noticed the gold line at the bottom angles up and not parallel with the Disney logo? Zoom in further and you see some inconsistencies with the black background around the set # and also where the Star Wars logo overlaps the laser.

VIP brochure: Photoshop edit over the Star Wars logo. That's not a professional graphic.

I'll let the graphic designers on the forum take a closer look but it appears the jury is still out folks.

Who likes drama?!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

something doesn't look right with that box to me either.  I don't think that is real

I think this forum is currently floating down the river of De-Nile.

Whether the box is fake or not, 75159 is a remake, based on every source out there, with proven reliability.

Edited by Rimmit
  • Like 3