75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 2 weeks later...

ac4faad87f7fa45e3b687683306dc3bb.jpg

So it seems Hasbro has figured it out. Maybe I'll just buy this and save $400. LOL

I can see all kinds of fraud on eBay and Craigslist now. People will simply say Death Star without calling out which model number and it will be near impossible to tell the difference. Especially with built used sets. The reseller Market just in general will become very complicated and diluted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

Predictions for the floor on 10188?

I think €350 at worst in EU. The fact that they are so similar should keep prices relatively stable.

It was 440 euros in some countries so I think RRP will be the floor, same as with 7965.

• Like 1

Just now, tractorboy said:

Predictions for the floor on 10188?

I think €350 at worst in EU. The fact that they are so similar should keep prices relatively stable.

I think once 75159 becomes readily available at the usual retailers (Amazon, Target, Walmart, TRU etc) is when we will see 10188 hit rock bottom, so sometime in the second quarter 2017. 75159 will be able to be had for $450 with VIP points etc easily, so I would expect $350-$400 for 10188, with a good possibility it will overshoot on the downside for a period. Unless 75159 retires I would not expect 10188 to do anything other than keep up with inflation. I expect a Death Star playset for as long as TLG has the SW license. 

• Like 3

I can barely make out the details in the minifigures, however, it looks like Chewbacca is the same as the one in the FA Millennium Falcon and the Droid Gunship.  The updates to the Emperor, Royal Guards etc are in sets that were just released.  Luke looks the same as what we've seen in a lot of the other recent sets. The only update seems to be Han Solo's hair piece, and Tarkin.  I'm sure obi-wan will be in the upcoming landspeeder set. 

There maybe at best 2 exclusive pieces to this set.

4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It was 440 euros in some countries so I think RRP will be the floor, same as with 7965.

I can certainly see it hit €400. The new one will likely be sold at €450 in some retailers. Smyths were selling the old one at €340 for ages (RRP was €400 here I think).

I agree about 7965. The price of these two sets will be forever tied together now, as they are so similar. It actually would have been worse for 10188 if the new one had been significantly better or even just different.

2 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

I can certainly see it hit €400. The new one will likely be sold at €450 in some retailers. Smyths were selling the old one at €340 for ages (RRP was €400 here I think).

I agree about 7965. The price of these two sets will be forever tied together now, as they are so similar. It actually would have been worse for 10188 if the new one had been significantly better or even just different.

That would be worse case scenario. I think the US is in much worse shape than we are with this set in terms of number of sellers. We also need to see country by countr RRP for the new one - it could be as much as 550 euros here or in Holland.

1 minute ago, TargetZero said:

try to find the difference.. couples of little circles, and thats it

pretty sure most angles can hide these so-call differences .. maybe a 1 x 1 is now three "1 x 1 plates"

Edited by ad2001
  • Like 1

Lego investing is not dead... all about buy in prices. People who were expecting doing money on regular set a full MSRP, even at 20%. 30%...... I often see people buying at 20-30%.(not the good sets) and trying to do 5$... Damn.. go work do more hours i dont know.  Overproduction too.. too many sets , too many theme

Edited by TargetZero

Source proven to be right in the pass.... or it's a big april fool by lego

2 minutes ago, freakchem said:

I am gonna quit Lego investing...

why? they are still good opportunities.. but wait... just quit ill take care of it no but, we all knew they were gonna be a end to this. Never saw lego has investment those past years, but more like other stock , i mean,,, not only legos sells well, it's just about buying price.. If the deals is there , it's there.

Edited by TargetZero
  • Like 1