75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Hey @Alpinemaps is it cool if I post it here for like 2 minutes, everyone can see it, then remove it? My inbox is drowning.

I can't keep you from posting it here.  The mods are on top of things as much as we can be, but sometimes it can take 2 or 3 minutes before someone can remove photos that aren't supposed to be posted.

• Like 3

Just now, Seeyounexttuesday said:

Will someone please tell me what the hell is going off in this thread? Why has the word rumour been removed from the thread title? Has something been officially released?

thank you

Although there are no official pictures out, there's enough information out there posted on other sites that suggest that this set name/number is accurate and will be released to VIPs on September 15, with a general release on October 1.

Heck, I believe it enough that I'm posting a countdown pic every day!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Could this actually be deliberate by Lego given the leaks that have occurred with the recent releases meaning that Lepin are able to have their own versions out before the Lego official releases? There is some chatter that the actual version is a combination display and play set. Given that Lego monitor fan forums it would not have been hard for them to just make people think that they are doing what many people think they will do i.e a refresh with some updated mini figures only by leaking such an image. Why the initial release of kiss the set no and piece count and then another pic a day later with the pic of the set but no piece count. Given the backlash from AOH and the increased price surely they're not that's stupid? Just speculation and wishful thinking on my part.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

hahahahaha

Look through the designer videos and see which designer hasn't been in a video so we can blame him. 

26 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Astrid

Not cool. She is not even in the SW team, she is in modulars and winter village things. I feel like she has received a lot of backslash and criticism for her designs when they are just as good as Jamie's.  

Edited by MathBuilder
clarification
  • Like 2

Just now, LahH001 said:

Theres also a screenshot of the early VIP note, so looks like it is official.

? Link?

Just now, MathBuilder said:

Not cool. She is not even in the SW team, she is in modulars and winter village things. I feel like she has received a lot of backslash and criticism for her designs when they are just as good as Jamie's.  

Sorry, what?

3 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

What a sad affair.  I suspected as much earlier this year, but actually seeing it stirred so much disappointment.  I thought there were the A team of designers and B team at LEGO.  Now I am convinced there is a C team as well :P

This looks more like a management decision, I'm sure the design team was told to just refresh the 10188.

• Like 1

In all seriousness my heart goes out to those of you who stocked up on 10188. It was a sound move. It should have worked. The 10188 should have been a great investment for several years.

I bought three 10188s, for average buy in of $373. I sold one for $580 and still have the other two. I feel like someone just dropped a tortoise on my balls. I can't imagine how those of us who are sitting on 10 or 20 of these feel. Or God forbid, emazers quantities...

Speaking of emazers, has anyone heard from him? Maybe we ought to conduct a knock-and-talk? Just to make sure he doesn't need to be on suicide watch or anything?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, trekgate502 said:

agree completely thought that after looking at the picture on reddit 15 minutes ago thank you cm4sci

yes that is a ucs mf tease in the corner

I seriously think so despite the tone of my messages here and on reddit. That actually looks like a tease.