75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

I've got a better picture and I can not post it anywhere, Reddit even took it down cause it's a "duplicate" Where to post? 

You could put a link in a comment in the main reddit thread. It will likely get upvoted to the top comment eventually.

• Like 2

As someone who opted to wait for 75159 in the hopes that it would make a cooler display piece... well... nothing to see here but disappointment. There are so many different ways they could have gone with this and, instead, they just rehashed the look of a set they had out for seven years and updated it with play features.

UCS is a big swing and a miss this year and I don't think 2017 is shaping up to be any better.

1 minute ago, lukiepete said:

As someone who opted to wait for 75159 in the hopes that it would make a cooler display piece... well... nothing to see here but disappointment. There are so many different ways they could have gone with this and, instead, they just rehashed the look of a set they had out for seven years and updated it with play features.

UCS is a big swing and a miss this year and I don't think 2017 is shaping up to be any better.

They're making sure everyone will be able to afford the 40th anniversary MF by releasing sub-par UCS all year long.

Could this actually be deliberate by Lego given the leaks that have occurred with the recent releases meaning that Lepin are able to have their own versions out before the Lego official releases? There is some chatter that the actual version is a combination display and play set. Given that Lego monitor fan forums it would not have been hard for them to just make people think that they are doing what many people think they will do i.e a refresh with some updated mini figures only by leaking such an image. Why the initial release of a pic of set no and piece count and then another pic a day later with the pic of the set but no piece count. Given the backlash from AOH and the increased price surely they're not that's stupid? Just speculation and wishful thinking on my part.