75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, The Rookie said:

The impending release of 75159 is having a real impact on the 'market'. About six mint condition 10188s have popped up on Craigslist over the last few days ranging from $440-$525. One dropped from $500 to $440 overnight. Wow.

Price drop? Time to buy more? .....where have I been lately...

• Like 1

I've already been through the anger stage so now i'm just going to go into denial and plead for logic.  

What if this version is limited to just a year release and will be gone by the end of next year after Rogue One is out of the way?  That can happen, can't it?  Surely it can!  Surely they'll do that.  Right ?

6 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

I wish LEGO would go after counterfeiters as hard as they go after FAN sites who post early pictures and only want to promote their products

Hey Ed (or maybe one of the Mods can answer this @Alpinemaps).  Sorry for the off topic q but generally when there are pics leaked does LTG legal send a generic mail round to all fan sites reminding them not to allow unofficial posts or do they only send mails to sites where the pictures are up?

In short - is someone at TLG actively monitoring this thread for any material that shouldn't be here?  Actually really interested to know how it works (i dont have anything btw in case you think i have a follow up post!).

Cheers!

1 minute ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

Hey Ed (or maybe one of the Mods can answer this @Alpinemaps).  Sorry for the off topic q but generally when there are pics leaked does LTG legal send a generic mail round to all fan sites reminding them not to allow unofficial posts or do they only send mails to sites where the pictures are up?

In short - is someone at TLG actively monitoring this thread for any material that shouldn't be here?  Actually really interested to know how it works (i dont have anything btw in case you think i have a follow up post!).

Cheers!

I'm guessing it is partly automated. They probably use some type of search engine to look for recently added pictures that match one or more predefined strings. They obviously can't actively monitor every Lego website or fanpage out there. It gets more complicated when you have non-public forums or member only websites. They can basically post whatever pictures they want and Lego will not know.

Cheers!

LEGO monitors most major fan sites.