75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Will 4 said:

I hear people on this thread saying I won't get one but to compare this to real life the we had are first home game of the season for Brentford where they have stuck a gantry in my stand which blocks the view of the pitch a bit I heard everybody moaning saying this is an outrage moan moan the club then gave them the option to move season ticket seats to better ones but come Tuesday against Forest no one had moved so it shows just like AoH most people will moan but few will follow through in the threat not to get one.

I've got 10188 and it's great as it is so there is absolutely no reason to buy 75159 if the rumours are true.  Few different coloured details and slightly different minifigs and a 25% bump in price.  Emperors new clothes tricks don't work with me. 

It should have been either a larger more detailed set (extra 1000 pieces) or Rogue 1 Based if they were determined for a re-release so close together.

Yeah they've done 2 UCS X Wings but they were seperated by a good few years and there was enough difference in builds to make owning both viable, especially as the price point wasn't crazy. I don't mind updates, I'd say most fans (except those still clinging on for even greater profit) are eager to see a new 10030 or 10179 if based on the newer films.

As for AoH I said it was a rip off, a poor representation and didn't deserve to be UCS, said i wouldn't buy it and haven't. If i buy a large hoth set it will be Echo Base. 

Edited by Fenix_2k1

6 minutes ago, legoverzamelen said:

If we were in England, everybody was placing bets by now as to which day and hour the pictures would arrive and by which forum member...

... at least some of us would make a bit of money out of this Live Star emoji6.png

Had to post this (warning may contain foul language)