75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, KShine said:

The Legends series was a limited LEGO exclusive back then. While we don't know exact details from LEGO, it is generally viewed by collectors as a failure.

But then again, it was a different world.

If they sold well, they would have continued to remake other sets.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

And you have to be 2 years older to build it...

That finally confirms that the age tag on most exclusive sets is only a ploy for adults who feel embarrassed about buying toys, providing them with some self-justification.

Edited by inversion
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Salimr said:

The gas price decline has nothing to do with inflation you would want to look at overall costs of living. I am an inspector for motor fuel, and won't bore you with anything to do with the decline in prices as you could look that information up.

I agree, 500 for something that would be too high. I honestly did not even spend 400 on it as I usually buy used lots, and got this in a lot of sets for 600. I have seen 10188 many times for 250 or less on Craigslist.

Oil price does matter when dealing with plastics.  It is probably cheaper to make a large 4000 piece set now than in 2008.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jstodda said:

As a pretend TLG executive or as an inquiry lol

"Uh yes I just happened to have lost an image of the Death Star to put in.. our online inventory that I'm pretty sure we have, could you email a photo to me please? Thank you!"

:P

Edited by CM4Sci

22 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Who wants to call the LEGO Store that photo was taken in? :P 

I was actually being serious, the person who took the pic happens to work at a LEGO Store that is listed in the person's post. :P

Edited by CM4Sci

"Uh yes I just happened to have lost an image of the Death Star to put in.. our online inventory that I'm pretty sure we have, could you email a photo to me please? Thank you!"

Hi.. KEVIN right!? Yeah.... I'm gonna need you to go ahead and uhhhh shoot me a picture of that box real quick.

Kevin "Well last time Mike did that he was fired and I don't want to be fired and I did not receive my piece of cake..."

OK Kevin were gonna have to move your office down to the basement..
  • Like 2