75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dcdfan said:

I'm just disappointed that 75159 won't be a new set, which would've been exciting. I gave up on 10188 so long ago that I'm just numb to it.

LOL :)

I was like that. I lasted ages not even buying one, i never even liked that set at all. But in the end i still bought some.

It's all about greed you see, if you dont buy any, you think you will miss out on something.

21 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

You kidding me, the empire are the big bad corporate entity, they'd have red tape coming out of their ears and health and safety officers running riot on the Death Star. Even Vader would have cowered at the might of the red pen brigade :rtfm:

Do you not remember this scene from the movie?

Death Star Health & Safety

That's an awesome pic and it's sure to get lots of likes! But what if you want even more likes, but don't want to bother with all that pesky creativity a second time??? It's simple, just 75159 it!! All you'll need to do is to color those signs dark gray, add a railing, and at least one cheese slope and, bam!! You've got a second picture you can post again in 8 pages! You should be able to ride the coat tales of this one good idea until you've milked every like out of the entire community!**

**Warning: 75159'ing may cause sudden reputation implosion, hack-backlash syndrome, and Lepinrosy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asharerin said:

That is why our wonderful economists love to look at the beloved Big Mac. $3.57 in 2008 vs $5.04 in 2016. I think most can relate to the Big Mac :)

Up until around 2008 they weren't exactly far off.... Anyone who relies on the Big Mac Index needs to have their head examined. McDonald's prices things to what they believe the market will pay instead of offering an average of what consumers are willing to pay across the board.

All this means to me is that people have been willing to pay more for the convenience of fast food in the last 10 years.

* Note - I'm not an economist nor do I have any interest in being one. But I am willing to use some common sense when interpreting what I read on the internet.

Big-Mac-Index-Graph-1.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Up until around 2008 they weren't exactly far off.... Anyone who relies on the Big Mac Index needs to have their head examined. McDonald's prices things to what they believe the market will pay instead of offering an average of what consumers are willing to pay across the board.

All this means to me is that people have been willing to pay more for the convenience of fast food in the last 10 years.

* Note - I'm not an economist nor do I have any interest in being one. But I am willing to use some common sense when interpreting what I read on the internet.

Compare the Big Mac Index to the price of beef.

10y live cattle.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, gregpj said:

The aim of the Big Mac Index is simplicity, not accuracy. Given its simplicity, it has been surprisingly accurate, therefore having some merit.

You are obviously right that it's flawed in several ways and it shouldn't be used for anything than getting a rough estimate.

• Like 1