75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, asharerin said:

I am a buyer at $300 shipped if anyone needs to offload theirs. Must be mint and please package very well. The shipping address may be different than my Paypal address, and please don't include a receipt or anything with the price on it.

I'm a buyer at $400. Not sure why you would troll people on here to sell. At least offer msrp. My address will be the same as my PayPal and you can add a receipt of the price paid. I'm not trying to commit fraud or anything. 

Edited by Theconfusedgoose

I'm a buyer at $400. Not sure why you would troll people on here to sell. At least offer msrp. My address will be the same as my PayPal and you can add a receipt of the price paid. I'm not trying to commit fraud or anything. 

I think it was a joke that they weren't even going to open but just to slap a label on for the new buyer.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, CrabslayerT said:

Just watch as ebay floods with these now. Thankfully I only have one. Pity I bought it way back in 2011 thinking it's days in the wild were numbered! Might just build it instead....

When was Ebay not flooded? If alll this info is true, at least there is the safety net of the new RRP (the old one is not selling for much more, anyway). Seems worse news for those who went in big on Final Duel.....

• Like 2

Should all the holders of 10188 troll ebay to ensure the lowball options are purchased VERY quickly and/or auction increased to a decent price to prevent price wars? HAHAHAH

Anyone want to take a bet on the lowest priced new 10188 set to sell off ebay this week??

25 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

Two weeks is a lot of time. That's like 14 days or a whopping 336 hours to develop an exit strategy before the general reselling public gets wind of this. :jester:

Dunno, those Brexit guys had 2 years and they couldn´t come up with a strategy....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tjj1984 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the statement is sufficiently vague that we can't conclude definitively that it's a 10188 rehash yet?

Hard to say.

It does seem strange to have taken 8 years to make such a small change. Seems like they have voluntarily been losing profit.

1 minute ago, tjj1984 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the statement is sufficiently vague that we can't conclude definitively that it's a 10188 rehash yet?

Indeed. Is 75159 representing Rogue One in terms of Star Wars "Time Frame". Do we know where this set will fit in in terms of "the star wars story"?

2 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Indeed. Is 75159 representing Rogue One in terms of Star Wars "Time Frame". Do we know where this set will fit in in terms of "the star wars story"?

The Final Duel minifigs would seem to clarify that but for now, pics or it hasn´t happened.