75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 3 weeks later...

I was kinda hoping the release of the new Rogue One trailer could've been a trigger for the official presentation of the new Death Star. So far nothing happened. I'm guessing the next opportunity to get maximum attention would be Force Friday, i.e. September 30.

Edited by DarthBall

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

That would be a bit late for the eary VIP release on the 15th, though!

Expect some pics within the next week or so.

I agree with your first statement. Your second one has been stated for quite some weeks now. ;-)

Edited by DarthBall

5 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Ugh. I dislike seeing pics of THAT. It's the Worst 3.75" scale MF ever. Simply, the worst.  Hasbro could have simply used the 2004 mold (based on the 1978 one but greatly enhanced - heck, even on ep 2 or 3 of Stranger Things)  and added nerf darts into both mandibles.

I thought they used the version from 1998 or 2003 in Stranger Things?

• Like 1

Ugh. I dislike seeing pics of THAT. It's the Worst 3.75" scale MF ever. Simply, the worst. Hasbro could have simply used the 2004 mold (based on the 1978 one but greatly enhanced - heck, even on ep 2 or 3 of Stranger Things) and added nerf darts into both mandibles. Hasbro sacrificed action figure playability for NERK firing. Hey, some kids like that for the first days of owning it despite known reports the NERK firing had quality issues. Another nugget is the designee of this debacle worked on all PREVIOUS 3.75" scaled MFs.

image.jpeg

==============

18 hours ago, mudcatsfan said:

That sounds like the new Hasbro Falcon.

Not bad..........

1414345633272679201.jpg

And then they did this:

Nerf-Falcon.jpg

22 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I thought they used the version from 1998 or 2003 in Stranger Things?

Yup.  They had Kenner vintage figures but not the Kenner MF .  They choose the next best thing assuming they didnt have the budget to buy an original one off eBay :)  By the way, it was in ep 3

image.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Expect nothing and you won´t be disappointed.

At least the price point is not a rehash.

Everyone assumes they're getting a BIGGER and BETTER and IMPROVED Death Star for their hard earned $499.

Not so fast my friend. Least we forget, this is 2016, the theme of which has been 20% less set for 20% more price. 

• Like 3