10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

You get a "LIKE THIS"

I sort of wonder how many sets TRU had left when we started buying up the last batch. Us Canadians tend to be slow on the uptake. All the talks of discontinued items here and there and we are heavily stocked in everything, from the Winter Village Cottage, to Vampyre Castles, Lone Rangers, you name it. Yesterday, I went to the Lego store, took my time and bought all 5 remaining Kingdoms Chess each for $60 taxes included using my VIP points. I called TRU today, both stores here have tonnes of Vampyre Castles and I will show them Lego LEGO Shop at Home selling them for 90CAD, they'll need to price match and hand them to me at 81CAD a piece. During Halloween, I was flipping the castles for $120 a piece and the buyers were so happy to get them off me and saving all the taxes. I can sit on these till next halloween and unload for at least $150. So if you're in Canada, start scooping all of these up.

I sort of wonder how many sets TRU had left when we started buying up the last batch. Us Canadians tend to be slow on the uptake. All the talks of discontinued items here and there and we are heavily stocked in everything, from the Winter Village Cottage, to Vampyre Castles, Lone Rangers, you name it. Yesterday, I went to the Lego store, took my time and bought all 5 remaining Kingdoms Chess each for $60 taxes included using my VIP points. I called TRU today, both stores here have tonnes of Vampyre Castles and I will show them Lego LEGO Shop at Home selling them for 90CAD, they'll need to price match and hand them to me at 81CAD a piece. During Halloween, I was flipping the castles for $120 a piece and the buyers were so happy to get them off me and saving all the taxes. I can sit on these till next halloween and unload for at least $150. So if you're in Canada, start scooping all of these up.

Are these the '1200' buyers @ where you work? 

Are these the '1200' buyers @ where you work? 

I sold about 6 VC at work this year. Those buyers are a bit clueless. They don't know the real worth of lego sets. They just buy them for their kids. My ad says "Lego Specials". I just post the discounted price and the TRU prices, 20% of TRU, then they see it as a deal. I make sure I stay below TRU's prices so I have no complaints.

Its going to be a while before prices rise high enough to make any real money on the FB. These have been hoarded in large numbers  by many investers since it came out. Sure it might reach $200-250 soon, but after fees one will only profit $20-$50 at those levels. I think it will take 2-3 years to double in price. The market will be flooded with FB's for years to come. We will never see returns on this set at levels that the 1st 3 modulars are at currently.

Its going to be a while before prices rise high enough to make any real money on the FB. These have been hoarded in large numbers by many investers since it came out. Sure it might reach $200-250 soon, but after fees one will only profit $20-$50 at those levels. I think it will take 2-3 years to double in price. The market will be flooded with FB's for years to come. We will never see returns on this set at levels that the 1st 3 modulars are at currently.

Depends on how you classify profits. Been hoarding these through eBay sellers at $135 and unloading consistently between $200-$240. The last one I sold last week was $240CAD so I made about $100 on that transaction. There are ways to unload these rampantly but now I need to play it safe as reserves are low and the ask price in Canada is pushing $260. The key is loading up in United States and unloading them outside of the country.

Since The FB came out there have been much better investments for the money. I didn't put my money into them, and glad I didn't. What I am saying is don't expect this set to double or more anytime soon. If one bought these for $150 and sell on eBay for $200-250 after fee one isn't making but $20-50 bucks. 

Since The FB came out there have been much better investments for the money. I didn't put my money into them, and glad I didn't. What I am saying is don't expect this set to double or more anytime soon. If one bought these for $150 and sell on eBay for $200-250 after fee one isn't making but $20-50 bucks.

You don't flip these on eBay. You flip them locally on craigslist.

Depends on how you classify profits. Been hoarding these through eBay sellers at $135 and unloading consistently between $200-$240. The last one I sold last week was $240CAD so I made about $100 on that transaction. There are ways to unload these rampantly but now I need to play it safe as reserves are low and the ask price in Canada is pushing $260. The key is loading up in United States and unloading them outside of the country.

Bro, how do you smuggle the goods cross border. It seems like you export a lot of goods out of the US?

Bro, how do you smuggle the goods cross border. It seems like you export a lot of goods out of the US?

It's not really smuggling when each time I drive through with my cousin with two cars or I should say vans, to do the pickup. I bring back about $600 worth and so does he. Twice a week. We tell the officials what we have and they let us go. So what do I tell them? These are for my kids. They look at the items and tell me to enjoy. So I bring them home to show my kids, then sell them. :)

It's not really smuggling when each time I drive through with my cousin with two cars or I should say vans, to do the pickup. I bring back about $600 worth and so does he. Twice a week. We tell the officials what we have and they let us go. So what do I tell them? These are for my kids. They look at the items and tell me to enjoy. So I bring them home to show my kids, then sell them. :)

Are these the same officials each time? You would think one would twig and ask Haven't your kids already got 10 FBs? :)

• Like 1

They got enough toys. They need to learn and see how hard it is to earn money and also resist the temptation of toys.

Teach your kids "how hard it is to earn money?" Don't you just buy and flip? Most of your posts are about you buying and flipping for profit.. I don't see anything 'hard' about what you are doing. BUY and HOLD (like what most of us are doing) teaches being patience, but flipping...???? 

They are different officials each time.

My kids have more than 10 FBs.

You said you brought 8 FB from TRU.ca, and some from AMAZON around $135USD... you must have a lot of FB, then.... you flipped one for $240..and profited $100, right? That's really good.. How many more FB do you have?

Amazing.   They scan your plate and ID at the border...both ways.  They know how long your stay was and you don't get a personal exemption on stays less than 24 hours.  Awesome that it is working for you...guess lego is exempt under nafta....maybe  because some are partially made in Mexico.  Great find!

Probably better to keep this, and other, various tax cheats to yourself.   Wouldn't boast about it for a couple reasons...competition is one, jealousy the other.  I would do the same as you if it's that easy...but I guarantee this would not work at buffalo,niagra or stanstead/vt. 

• Like 2

Amazing. They scan your plate and ID at the border...both ways. They know how long your stay was and you don't get a personal exemption on stays less than 24 hours. Awesome that it is working for you...guess lego is exempt under nafta....maybe because some are partially made in Mexico. Great find!

:) I think he found a loophole to avoid paying duties and taxes for staying less than 24 hours. "These [toys] are for my kids" speech. Gotta try it myself one of these days.