10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

What is WVC?

There are too many speculations going on in here, due to the fact that there is no confirmation. Sad to say it but once the confirmation is really out, there will be a second wave of mass panic buying. The first wave has pushed this to an average of $239USD so far as we stand. Those who say that there will be more coming back in January will shake out those who are holding. Those who sold at $239 will be coming here crying fowl especially when it is confirmed, then see the price skyrocket to $330 in 6 months. Then it's all hell break loose. Typical stock market reaction. I've sold shares of companies where people in forums would say the rumor may not be true so unload now, next thing you know, I hit the sell button, a week later, it is confirmed and I took a 20% profit rather than a 150% gain.

In other words, you have to hold your nerve. :) However if you were happy with your 20% at the time you made then you should still be happy when other people who held out made 150%. remember hindsight is always 20/20

Most of what people write on this site is speculation. People make statements as if they were gospel truth but you soon learn who to 'trust' on here. But even people who have inside information are not always right as Lego has a habit of changing their mind and extending or EOLing sets upon a whim.

Nothing wrong with different opinions. Anything can be written in the forums. We just need to filter and digest. Some choose to ignore, that's their problem. I read everything, even rubbish.

Exactly, see above :) Now everyone play nice. BTW I could not find any 6868s today. Lego store had a few 6869s though.

My local John Lewis has put more on the shelf so, I doubt it's EOL just yet but, it looks like curtains soon.

Milton Keynes update. John Lewis had 2 FBs on the shelf. Lego store had 5 on shelf (4 when I left). They were also well stocked with Helms Deeps. Although their LOTR/Hobbit area is getting a bit crowded with all the different sets. Methinks a cull is due soon.

SO in theory i have bought my last FB. Unless I can get a cheap on ebay. Unlikely at the mo when even the used ones are going for RRP.

uuuuuuuuggggggggggg..... Went to the store to pick up the one they had on hold for me... It was kind of beat up. Not too bad but no way could be called mint. The edges were messed up and there was a small crease on the box. I'm so disapointed that I'm thinking of returning it. Only reason I took it was because if it is EOL I would rather have a damaged one than none. Also I had the casher look in the back and it was the last one in the store.

uuuuuuuuggggggggggg..... Went to the store to pick up the one they had on hold for me... It was kind of beat up. Not too bad but no way could be called mint. The edges were messed up and there was a small crease on the box. I'm so disapointed that I'm thinking of returning it. Only reason I took it was because if it is EOL I would rather have a damaged one than none. Also I had the casher look in the back and it was the last one in the store.

I wouldn't return it if I was you.  The people that buy retired sets are usually collectors, and box condition doesn't really matter unless it's a set like the UCS Millennium Falcon.  Before I started investing, I would buy sets and throw away the box right after I built the set.  It would be better to just sell the set on eBay.  They are going for approximately $190 right now.  I remember one time I bought an Orc Forge that had a few dents and a small hole punched out of it, and considered returning it, but decided not to after reading an article about box condition by Fcbarcelona101.  It was very helpful.

• Like 1

Return it if you feel uncomfortable about it. Just don't come by crying a few months later. :) hehehe....

I wouldn't return it if I was you.  The people that buy retired sets are usually collectors, and box condition doesn't really matter unless it's a set like the UCS Millennium Falcon.  Before I started investing, I would buy sets and throw away the box right after I built the set.  It would be better to just sell the set on eBay.  They are going for approximately $190 right now.  I remember one time I bought an Orc Forge that had a few dents and a small hole punched out of it, and considered returning it, but decided not to after reading an article about box condition by Fcbarcelona101.  It was very helpful.

Nice article.....crap, I should've held onto my Bwing. I sold one that was crushed. Listed for $209 and the guy said "your box is crushed, I'll pay $180 max for this." Bast&##. I got one completely crushed London Tower Bridge box, so I pulled the same stunt to get a deal a few months back, he asked for $175, I told him, I'm not touching this, nobody will want it, $125 or no deal. Sold to me at $125, everything inside was sealed. So it all worked out in the end, someone suckered me, so I had to sucker someone else to make up for the difference. :)

That was a really good article. Thanks for pointing it out. I guess I dont feel as bad anymore but I still like a nice box =)

• Like 1

Orlando, FL It is not MISB but it is sealed and has a few dings.

If your black pearl has dings and mine don't, then how about you pay for both ends of the shipping. And to be fair, tell me where the dings are and I'll ding the FB box to make it fair. :) I doubt we will end up exchanging due to shipping costs on top. I sold my FBs but got more coming on the fly. I'll get back to you when my FBs are in next week.

supraboy888 : What is the promo code for the 10% off at TRU?

SHOPNOW10

Hurry up because it'll get cut off in about 4-5 hours.

FB and Wolverine Chopper are both worth it. The barrel escape is all but wiped out. :) $39.99 with 10% off. What a nice deal. I got 5 myself. Only grabbed a few wolverines. The City Space Center is also worth a look. Enjoy!

• Like 1