10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

The Tower Bridge has LESS pieces than the Taj Mahal, not more, but the Tower Bridge does have more pieces then the Eiffel Tower

oops, my bad. :)

Thanks for the correction.

Out of those three, Taj Mahal is the best. The playability of the Tower Bridge makes me like it more. The Eiffel Tower is just a tower. Well, unless they come up with a King Kong minifigure, put princess Leia up there, and you can reinvent your King Kong scene. Perhaps replace King Kong with Rancor or Hulk.

• Like 1

TRU Canada still has some. They wont ship to the states, just tried to grab a couple :(

I maxed out my limit, bought 6 yesterday with three different addresses. 3 sold to my cousin in Hong Kong and she will redistribute them over there. :) I need to come up with a plan to clear out all the inventory before I run out of them myself.

supraboy888 : So you paid retail at TRU? 199,99$ plus taxes CAD? Or did you manage to get some sort of discount?

I paid full retail plus taxes. Before even receiving the item, I already received $260USD a pop for them in my paypal account, plus shipping for $40USD to Asia for each. I paid my taxes, and still net about $25-$30 with a click of a button. Only work I need to do is receive, then take it to the post office which is like a block from where I live. Got my airmiles racked up too. :)

oops, my bad. :)

Thanks for the correction.

Out of those three, Taj Mahal is the best. The playability of the Tower Bridge makes me like it more. The Eiffel Tower is just a tower. Well, unless they come up with a King Kong minifigure, put princess Leia up there, and you can reinvent your King Kong scene. Perhaps replace King Kong with Rancor or Hulk.

This is exactly what I have in my office....Rancor clinging to the Eiffel Tower a la King Kong.  I substituted a Yeti for Fay Wray though.

• Like 1

I'm gong to see if there are any left at my local Lego store on the way home today. I'll also see if there are any 6868 available.

But if both available I can only get one. [i already have 3 FBs]

How about one 10197 as a Christmas present for me? xD

I'd love to see a Lego store over here in Valencia, but it'll be AGES before that happens  :cry:

Production for 10197 stopped many months ago. Whatever is left in the wild is it. Same for WVC, Mini Mods and B-Wing. Every other 10xxx set will be around for at least 1 more year. Source is the usual british boys who brought you 10212, 10219, 10217 etc last year.

What is WVC?

There are too many speculations going on in here, due to the fact that there is no confirmation. Sad to say it but once the confirmation is really out, there will be a second wave of mass panic buying. The first wave has pushed this to an average of $239USD so far as we stand. Those who say that there will be more coming back in January will shake out those who are holding. Those who sold at $239 will be coming here crying fowl especially when it is confirmed, then see the price skyrocket to $330 in 6 months. Then it's all hell break loose. Typical stock market reaction. I've sold shares of companies where people in forums would say the rumor may not be true so unload now, next thing you know, I hit the sell button, a week later, it is confirmed and I took a 20% profit rather than a 150% gain.

I hope these rumors are true, having bought two at above MSRP this week!  I value the feedback from emazers and asharerin.

You value theirs and not mine?

If you re-read some of the thread, I already mentioned that two lego staffs told me that they are done. No more, finished, terminado, caput, get it?

The naysayers here are only here to shake you lose of your holdings. Those who missed the boat will try to scare a few fools into selling. Hold the line and wait 6 months.

You value theirs and not mine?

If you re-read some of the thread, I already mentioned that two lego staffs told me that they are done. No more, finished, terminado, caput, get it?

The naysayers here are only here to shake you lose of your holdings. Those who missed the boat will try to scare a few fools into selling. Hold the line and wait 6 months.

LOL just because we have different opinions does not mean we want to scare folks... I have no intention of buying one even if ''scared'' guys run selling them for 100$....

• Like 1

LOL just because we have different opinions does not mean we want to scare folks... I have no intention of buying one even if ''scared'' guys run selling them for 100$....

Nothing wrong with different opinions. Anything can be written in the forums. We just need to filter and digest. Some choose to ignore, that's their problem. I read everything, even rubbish.

What is WVC?

Winter Village Cottage

This would follow form with most of the other Winter Village sets if it were retired this year, but as you say until the "Retired Product" moniker comes up on the S@H website it's all speculation.  Same for Mini-Modulars, Fire Brigade, and any other "Sold Out" or "Call for Availability" set.

That said, there are folks on here with access to information that have a good track record.  As usual, nothing is gospel but it's better than looking at sets retail duration and trying to read the tea leaves on your own.

• Like 2