10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

That is interesting. Maybe it is a Christmas rush and everyone wanted one of the FB, and it will come back in stock soon.

We'll see what happens. When I talked to the Lego staff at the lego store, he was certain that it's discontinued and he told me to go hit ebay or whatever to try and grab as many as I can. He was confident that the FB is going to get to $300 within a matter of months. That's what I heard. It wouldn't hurt to grab one at $225 right now. We saw what happened to the Green Grocer. Do boys want to play with groceries? Or fire trucks? :)

I've not seen a lego set sell out and disappear this fast since the flagship.   They are gone at retail everywhere.  Luckily most of us are well stocked on these!  I am not selling until $300 plus shipping, then I will sell my 10 and open space for more tower bridge.

haha......you better time it right. What if you started selling your FB, then suddenly the Tower Bridge goes EOL. You're walking on a tight rope. Assuming FB starts exploding to $300 each next summer, which is likely to happen, then suddenly the Tower Bridge goes EOL as you just began clearing your stock......what will you do. Better check the size of the Tower Bridge and see how many you can fit in your storage. :) Tower Bridge has more pieces than the Taj Mahal or Eiffel Tower. The Opera House came out this year, and it has to replace something, what is that something? T1 Camper? Tower Bridge? Hmmm........Horizon Express perhaps?

You can contribute to the FB's demise by buying two sets also. :)

My cousin just bought 2. I can't see Toys having enough stock to feed the hunger. Worse case, buy, then sell it to Asian shops. On ebay, I saw it bidding up to $200USD + shipping.

already did... :-) Now, I just have to wait for it to come. I hope Purolator doesn't disappoint me again. Last time, I order from TRU. It was supposed to be delivered on Dec 3, but instead got it on Dec 3. THREE "Delayed in transit due to missed connectionunbelievable!

already did... :-) Now, I just have to wait for it to come. I hope Purolator doesn't disappoint me again. Last time, I order from TRU. It was supposed to be delivered on Dec 3, but instead got it on Dec 3. THREE "Delayed in transit due to missed connectionunbelievable!

Looks like you're also contributing to the demise of the set now. :) Welcome aboard.

No harm, no foul, if the boxes come damaged, just take it to your local TRU and refund.

This set is already guaranteeing $199USD return on the open market on ebay + shipping. If it is really discontinued and replaced by the Parisian Restaurant, there's no telling what the FB is worth.

Another thing is I don't believe the GE or Pet Shop are going to get discontinued anytime soon. Don't get suckered into the rumors. If anything, look for Town Hall to disappear first. Pet Shop and GE are still on the shelves of Lego store. Those spreading the rumors just want to jack up the prices on ebay which won't work. To be discontinued, an item has to first hit the "hard to find" listing in the lego website. It can't go from being listed to being discontinued. The Town Hall is on the hard to find list and I talked to the lego rep, he said if anything, the Town Hall goes first before GE or Pet Shop.

• Like 1

Looks like you're also contributing to the demise of the set now. :) Welcome aboard.

No harm, no foul, if the boxes come damaged, just take it to your local TRU and refund.

This set is already guaranteeing $199USD return on the open market on ebay + shipping. If it is really discontinued and replaced by the Parisian Restaurant, there's no telling what the FB is worth.

Another thing is I don't believe the GE or Pet Shop are going to get discontinued anytime soon. Don't get suckered into the rumors. If anything, look for Town Hall to disappear first. Pet Shop and GE are still on the shelves of Lego store. Those spreading the rumors just want to jack up the prices on ebay which won't work. To be discontinued, an item has to first hit the "hard to find" listing in the lego website. It can't go from being listed to being discontinued. The Town Hall is on the hard to find list and I talked to the lego rep, he said if anything, the Town Hall goes first before GE or Pet Shop.

Thanks. Yeah, I guess it doesn't hurt to order from TRU. Worst case, I just return it to the store and get my money back. Is Toys R US (Canada) the only current retailer in Canada selling the Fire Brigade at retail price at the moment? 

Thanks. Yeah, I guess it doesn't hurt to order from TRU. Worst case, I just return it to the store and get my money back. Is Toys R US (Canada) the only current retailer in Canada selling the Fire Brigade at retail price at the moment? 

Yes, I believe so. If you want one more, in pristine mint condition, I could sell you mine for $225CAD. :) Then you'll help me pay down my other sets.

Walmart, Target and whichever local momma pop shop is out of stock.

Ive had 5 new 2nd generation Fire Brigade since the summer of 2012. So I have kept a close eye on the FB on shop at home last year when it sold out it had a date of return. This set is discontinued, sold out has now become a before retirement ritual we've seen it in b-wing fighter and 4x4 Crawler. Let it be a warning to everybody just to pick as many set as possible. As far the christmas goes, even if its a rush, and lets just say if this set hits $300, it well stay there after christmas just that its growth well or might plato. China Lego Market is growing and they are obviously showing interest for the modulars and world collection sets. So I recommend you don't low ball this set. People were saying it would take a year (Christmas 2014) for this set to take $200. 

Ive had 5 new 2nd generation Fire Brigade since the summer of 2012. So I have kept a close eye on the FB on shop at home last year when it sold out it had a date of return. This set is discontinued, sold out has now become a before retirement ritual we've seen it in b-wing fighter and 4x4 Crawler. Let it be a warning to everybody just to pick as many set as possible. As far the christmas goes, even if its a rush, and lets just say if this set hits $300, it well stay there after christmas just that its growth well or might plato. China Lego Market is growing and they are obviously showing interest for the modulars and world collection sets. So I recommend you don't low ball this set. People were saying it would take a year (Christmas 2014) for this set to take $200. 

Agreed. Shouldn't be cheaping out. This set is guaranteed to go up. As mentioned, you can't go wrong with fire trucks and fire stations. If the green grocer can push $800, the FB should do it one day. Imagine the town hall going discontinued one day, that is a set that can go sky high. Just imagine a complete town with no freaking town hall. :) It's like living in a city and wondering where the heck is your city hall? :)

I agree, GE & PS should be around another year at least as they were released in 2010 & 2011. However the Town Hall has only been around since 2012 so I expect this one to out last them all.

I wouldn't do this unless you want one to build. How high can a set as stockpiled as this go? How long before people waiting to dump it go ahead?

Agreed, i think there are a lot more sets out there than people realize. IMO people who do have the set are just holding it demanding higher prices, after all most of us have had the set for years, i didnt keep the the FB in my closet for 3 years for a $10 profit, i wont consider selling until it doubles.

• Like 1

I feel as long as lego continues to produce modulars the old ones will continue to increase. If you have someone who likes the modulars 5 years from now but wasnt as involved prior they can still invest the money into this set to complete there town. does anybody know the exact modulars that have the fire brigade advertised on the back? if PS and TH have them on the back then that is free advertising for us who have FB stockpiled. 

Agreed, i think there are a lot more sets out there than people realize. IMO people who do have the set are just holding it demanding higher prices, after all most of us have had the set for years, i didnt keep the the FB in my closet for 3 years for a $10 profit, i wont consider selling until it doubles.

Who said anything about holding FB in their closet for 3 yrs? That's a dumb move. I just started buying the FB last month. Saw it listed for $130USD, I rolled it for $200CAD in Vancouver after picking it up at the border depot at $135. And no, I'm not stupid enough to just buy one item. That's just one out of 10 transactions, and when I hit the depot, I ship out transformers that I got from asia to the US, double the profit. It's the same as saying why hold the GE for 3 yrs? I haven't laid my hands on the GE and will do so next Black Friday. The year before, it was loading up the Black Pearl. You don't buy lego items when they first come out unless you build them. That's what I did with the Tower of Orthanc, that sucker will be around for 2 more years. I got plenty of time to load up.

Forgive my ignorance, but "2nd generation"? I assume this means there was a "1st generation"... What's the difference?

Don't worry not many people know about it I own a first generation which I used in 2009. 1st generation was available in 2009 and early 2010. The only difference is minor changes to the box but even when 2nd generation was available people tended to spend more on the 1st generation like $160. The biggest difference is that fire brigade is written in the right top corner. Other sets which are like this includes Grand emporium 10211(mine is 2nd gene), Imperial Flagship 10210 (mine is 1st gene) and Winter Toy shop 10199 (mine is 2nd gene). Only 4 sets are like this. all sets before fire brigade 10197 and after Tower Bridge 10214 have no generation 

haha......you better time it right. What if you started selling your FB, then suddenly the Tower Bridge goes EOL. You're walking on a tight rope. Assuming FB starts exploding to $300 each next summer, which is likely to happen, then suddenly the Tower Bridge goes EOL as you just began clearing your stock......what will you do. Better check the size of the Tower Bridge and see how many you can fit in your storage. :) Tower Bridge has more pieces than the Taj Mahal or Eiffel Tower. The Opera House came out this year, and it has to replace something, what is that something? T1 Camper? Tower Bridge? Hmmm........Horizon Express perhaps?

The Tower Bridge has LESS pieces than the Taj Mahal, not more, but the Tower Bridge does have more pieces then the Eiffel Tower